Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Accounting

• 30-04-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Heya, just wondering if any of ye are predicting what will come up in the higher level accounting this year??
    or if your teachers are predicting anything??
    haven't a clue what to look at :)
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm not sure as I did my Accounting exam in 2010 but we were told to seriously expect Company Final Accounts and Marginal Costing, neither came up so they could come up this year!. Marginal Costing would probably come up as part of a question though, as opposed to a full question - it seems to be the current trend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Interpretation of Accounts (ratios) comes up every single year, been learning them off for past few days. Actually easy enough after a few goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

tabular
    club
    published
    flexible
    Incomplete records

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Company a/c
    Tabular
    Club
    Incomplete
    Marginal costing(i think there may be a full question on it, hasn't happened in years)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Cash flow's! Our teacher keeps giving us them.

Farm Accounts could technically come up as well couldn't they...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

60mark : tabular a/c
    Revaluation a/c
    Suspense a/c
    Club a/c

100 marks : Published a/c
    Incompletes backward/forward/ratio
    Tabular

Management: flexible budget and marginal ........
    Budgeting the materials one!

That's what I am predicting anyway some of the things are what my teacher said as well....... Like the suspense
    And I don't know where tabs will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I've a feeling that these are extreme possibilities:

120- Company

100- Published/Incomplete/Club

80- Marginal Costing...possibly flexi-budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 buttons 09

Accounting looks pretty easy to predict but I did it last year and they put questions on it that had never been asked before. ( Reducing Balance Deprecation) and they stuck in a few new adjustments in cashflow and things.

The best thing to do is Q1 and Q5...pretty much the same every year so at least thats section 1 and half of section 2 sorted!

Good Luck :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I've a feeling that these are extreme possibilities:

120- Company

100- Published/Incomplete/Club

80- Marginal Costing...possibly flexi-budgeting

That would be my dream paper.
    If tabular came up in section b with club.. I'd cry with joy right there in the hall!

If incomplete comes up, I really hope its the control account one!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Jdivision91

does anybody reckon that manufacturing might come up as a question one just to throw people?? dont know whether to revise it or not! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement