Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers

Options
  • 30-04-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Right I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but I'm pissed off.

I got invited to another teenage disco today, didn't go. Last one I went to the bouncer gave us dirty looks and asked us what age we were as if we were adults? I'm sixteen and look young for my age so that was dog testacles. Anyways I was talking about it with my friend after and we just though, if we tried to get into the eighteens disco, there's no way that bouncer would let us in? So basically we've nothing to do.
    A few days later, we were roaming around town aimlessly because there's nothing else to do. Some friends of ours that were older than us had a car so being so cool they got water balloons and started throwing them at us from the speeding car. Being self-respecting hardy men we bought a twelve pack of eggs as well as some whipped cream in a can and let's just say they went home like a sticky bun. This oldish fella gave us a talking to as if we did something terribly wrong even though it was our friend's car and it was obviously going both ways, nobody else was being bothered?
    So why don't people give us something to do instead of giving out to us for doing the only things we can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

you actually bought the eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It's past your bedtime OP. goodnight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

hondasam wrote: »
    It's past your bedtime OP. goodnight.

ah it's not a school night, leave the op up for another hour.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

16 is too old for teen discos, sry2say

Also, dull story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

The energy you put in to doing nothing could actually be used to do something constructive. Im sick of hearing that there's nothing to do to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Namlub wrote: »
    16 is too old for teen discos, sry2say

That's exactly the point? What is there to do for us like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Scare the living sh1t outta me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Dante

Can't you just do drugs like a normal teenager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    ah it's not a school night, leave the op up for another hour.......

ok but he better stop asking silly questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

MonkeyGuy wrote: »

teenage disco... dirty... testacles... water balloons... some whipped cream... sticky bun.

Sorry, sometimes I drift in and out while reading posts. What were you saying?

Jesus Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

That's exactly the point? What is there to do for us like?

Can't you make your own fun in your spare time, like people of every other age group have to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Teenagers are so egg-citing these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Aaaaaaaaaannnnyyyyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Woooahhhh you're out of control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's not all that bad for us OP.

Says he who has ~7,000 posts on Boards.:pac:

Yeah see all we can do is break the law in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just wait outside till the club ends with a nagon of Vodka - guaranteed to get some tail, - also your never too old for a teen disco, heck sure im 24 and still do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

So you registered with Boards when you were ... 13?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Get a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Did you look like a scumbag, Cause you sure do act like one.

Eggs can wreck a car..

If I could get a job I'd be sorted, but there aren't many going especially not for a sixteen year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

So why don't people give us something to do instead of giving out to us for doing the only things we can do?

That's not the only things you can do. You could read a book, go for a walk, take up photography or numerous other things. If you want something to do with your friends you could all learn instruments and start a band. You need to learn a way to occupy your time that doesn't involve getting yourself in trouble.

When you get older people more than likely won't be in a rush to give you anything to do either. If you go through life expecting other people to give you something to do you'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If I could get a job I'd be sorted, but there aren't many going especially not for a sixteen year old.
    What are you interested in? carpentry, mechanic, etc., why not go to a local garage and hang out, tidying up around, making tea, and learning about the trade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

cans in the field thats the life of a 16 year old:pac:

I play guitar, I play in a band and have been through a few for about the last six years. However it;s not very social seeing as how you only get to talk to the other member of the band? Once you hit eighteen you can go to pubs, nightclubs, drive. Closest thing I can do is cycle to the swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

themadchef wrote: »
    So you registered with Boards when you were ... 13?

Meh, I was 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

this is my 700th post so ill make it worth while........i thought teens are slutty these days get the ride op get the ride:cool:

• Advertisement

this is my 700th post so ill make it worth while........i thought teens are slutty these days get the ride op get the ride:cool:

Yep that's us but still, breaking the law for the next few months.

Advertisement