Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bokashi?

• 30-04-2011 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with these?
    Can they be gotten anywhere in Dublin?
    Would they work in the garden, instead of inside? or would temperature have an effect, especially in the winter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I know this thread's a bit old, but (to my surprise) I can't seem to find much discussion of bokashi composters on this forum!

I've just acquired one myself. I suspect that the cost of the bokashi mix may make the whole thing slightly uneconomical, but we'll see.

Anyone else had positive/negative experiences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is that the stuff you add to compost while keeping it anaerobic ?? Had a go at it ... Took forever to break down ! But if you were holding compostable stuff or food waste ( for collection or whatever) it didn't stink to high heaven in summer ... (If I was less than speedy dealing with it)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Markcheese wrote: »
    Is that the stuff you add to compost while keeping it anaerobic ?? Had a go at it ... Took forever to break down !
    Yep. I think I can safely conclude at this point that it's pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ballantine

Some pants are better than others. I am reliably informed that they work considerable more effectively if you pee onto the compost first thing in the morning.

Advertisement