Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mold ridden house/social housing waiting list??

Options
  • 30-04-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi!!!

im not sure if this is exactly the right thread im new to boards.
    was just wondering if anyone has any idea of how long it takes lately on the 2 bed housing waiting list (dunlaoighire)?? iv currently a little boy and am now due another in the coming mounths, im renting at the moment but the problem is my house is litually riddled with mould. its so bad it destroyed a chest of draws id brought in 2 mounths and ders mushroom mould(the brown one that smells like sea weed) growing around the windows and its out the back to. yellow patches are coming through the walls were they were painted over and thes black mould coming up on all the cellings. theres also thick green and white fluffy stuff growing in some of the rooms. its just becoming un manage able. its not healthy for my little man and it certainly wouldnt be healthy for a new born. i dont have
    the money to move at the mo

ill be on the housing list 3 years the end of the summer anybody any clue as to how much longer ill have to wait or if there anything that will help to speed it up...

any advice would be appriciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Anyone I know was on it over 10 years before getting a place in south dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116 - put up a post in here and see if there's anything you can do to combat the mold. Is it caused by dampness in the house? Maybe you could pick up a dehumidifier for the worst of areas (€50 I would guess)?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why don't you get your landlord to fix the problem. mould like that makes the house unlivable in and he would have to provide additional accommodation for you until its sorted.

why has it been allowed to get so bad in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

We were 6 years waiting,

torment your local TD's and councillors and get them to write to the council on your behalf, get medical statements from Doctors to say it's unliveable and give everything to the council, might help a bit.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rainbowsky

the mold is definately unlivable... i dont think a dehumidifyer would really help very much do usually have all windows open!!

its a really frustrating situation, the landlord keeps saying just wash it off like its not a problem to him.

will definately try a Td fingers crossed hell be able to help, any one know one i could go 2 in south dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 w2011dublin

Hi there. I see you are having problems with Mould in the house. Its quiet hard to get rid of. But salt does help remove it. Its because moisture is in the house and its not to good for the health there.
    Im not an expert, but try put salt in areas of the house, as a dehumidifer will cost you alot of money.

Im sure this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

South Dub TD's/Councillors aplenty one of the largest constiuencies, just promise them votes and word of mouth.

List of councillors/TD's(dont have to contact them directly can contact any of their aides too):

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councilbusiness/listoftdssenatorsmeps/

Check out Adverts.ie, Gumtree.ie or ebay.ie for cheaper Dehumidifers...

here's one €30 - http://www.gumtree.ie/p/for-sale/dehumidifier-challenge-ram710-12-litres/80558241

Advertisement