Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leinster v toulouse - a few shots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Well done. You caught #2 great. What kit were you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Well done. You caught #2 great. What kit were you using?

All the exif info is on the righthand side of his Picasa page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    All the exif info is on the righthand side of his Picasa page

doesn't give the lens though

although 200mm f2.8 might be enough to work it out

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

hi - i used d7000 and 70-200 2.8

post processing the pics properly now so hopefully some nice images later - TBH i was more interested in the game than taking pictures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I like #3 and #4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I like #2, #3 and #4. The rest don't contain much. You can't see the ball, and it's not peak action. But, a good attempt. Good clear images, nice colour and good DOF.

In many cases, it's a choice between watching the game, and taking picts. It's very hard to do both, due to your very limited field of view when watching through the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

I must have been sitting near you !

Here's some of mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkbdub/

Cardiff trip booked, anyone know if you can bring a DSLR to the stadium ? I've a 50D with 70-200 F4L.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Some fab shots here.
    jkb_dub wrote: »
    I must have been sitting near you !

Cardiff trip booked, anyone know if you can bring a DSLR to the stadium ?

I would presume it's ok as I went to Stade de France for last years final and my friend brought his in no problem.

Thinking of doing the same but not sure about bringing the camera as I would find it difficult to concentrate on both the game and taking decent shots. I may just bring a point and shoot, not great if I'm not close to the action but it's better than nothing.

Was in Edinburgh too and got this beauty with my p+s

E3F03EB1A0FF4D84963A4889FF0B26D2-0000341469-0002183550-00640L-7E6097C7BBE840ADB45D5EDE54C4CAF1.jpg

Thanks...

I'll probably chance it.. would be kicking myself if I didn't bring it. Was also in Edinburgh and didn't bring it in with me. Too many people said they wouldn't allow it so regrettably left it behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

emrys wrote: »
    hi - i used d7000 and 70-200 2.8

post processing the pics properly now so hopefully some nice images later - TBH i was more interested in the game than taking pictures!

As a matter of interest, is that the nikon or sigma 70-200 2.8?

• Advertisement

WillyWonka wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, is that the nikon or sigma 70-200 2.8?

nikon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fireblader

Hi Guys, I was also seated close to both of you. My efforts are here :)

fireblader wrote: »

Some nice ones there too. Of all my action shots, the most popular photos on my flickr are always of Leo the lion :-)

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't have any commercial rights to the photos if you're a regular punter sitting in the stands ?

You could be right jkb_dub. I've only noticed now that there's an option to purchase my prints which I didn't mean to include in the Rugby database. I've taken this out now (Thanks for pointing this out :eek:).

fireblader wrote: »

were you a canon user about 5/6 rows from pitchside behind the goal ? I saw a guy with a canon camera about half dozen rows ahead of me:)

emrys wrote: »
    were you a canon user about 5/6 rows from pitchside behind the goal ? I saw a guy with a canon camera about half dozen rows ahead of me:)

That sounds like me - Canon 40d, Canon 70-200 F4. My first attempt at proper sports shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Did you really need to shoot in f/2.8? I know you were away from the action, with a 200mm lens, but in that light you could have used a smaller aperture and got more of the subject in focus. Just my opinion.

City-Exile wrote: »
    Did you really need to shoot in f/2.8? I know you were away from the action, with a 200mm lens, but in that light you could have used a smaller aperture and got more of the subject in focus. Just my opinion.

yes i agree with you - i usually shoot fast glass wide open in poor light- so i tend to default to the lowest f-stop when i shoot - It was my first try and sports shooting (in decent light) so I think I could have comfortably shot at f5.6 with a decent shutter speed. Ill know for the next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In good light like that, f/4 is a nice aperture to use. It's what I tend to shoot at.

Looking forward to the Heineken Cup Final now, if I can get accreditation.

Paulw wrote: »
    In good light like that, f/4 is a nice aperture to use. It's what I tend to shoot at.

Looking forward to the Heineken Cup Final now, if I can get accreditation.

thanks for the tip - duly noted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Paulw wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I tend to do as well, unless I need something specific.

Advertisement