Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Bank transfers GB to Ireland

Options
  • 01-05-2011 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I recently moved jobs to ENgland and was wondering what the best way to transfer money form my English account to my Irish one.

My lloyds account charges me a full 20 pound!

Paypal was 20euro

Western union was 43pound!

When I transfer from my bank of ireland account across it is very cheap! How can it be so different?>....

I hope this is in the right section...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Danielle35

HI, Quite a while since I worked in a Bank , please forgive me if my info is out of date . The reason you could transfer from BOI to the UK cheaply , was probably because you did the transfer in Euro rather than sterling ,( and the UK bank converted at their end ) and as we are in the Euro , there were cheaper rates brought in EU wide . To transfer from the UK , ask BOI , how much they would charge to lodge a STG chq from your UK account , from memory it is capped( could be wrong ) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I transferred money to uk last month all I needed was iban and swift for uk bank, transferred in euro did it for free online banking. cost about €12 if i sent it in sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

try currencyfair.com

Advertisement