Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox NAT question

• 01-05-2011 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Lads, I have a PS3 at the moment. I want an xbox but am unsure whether I can get open NAT with Eircom Broadband. On PS3 I can get it by using PPPoE. Is PPPoE available on xbox? Would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'm pretty sure I've seen that in the network settings. What exactly do you need to know or input and I'll check it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Can you pick PPPoE and it should ask you for a username and password. On Eircom the the standard username is "eircom@eircom.net" and standard password is "broadband1". This may be different if you changed it on your router settings. If this gives you open NAT, I'd be a happy lad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

if you want to add me on Xbox you can. Add "Contra EoinD" and I will take you step by step.

And yes I'm being serious.

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    if you want to add me on Xbox you can. Add "Contra EoinD" and I will take you step by step.

And yes I'm being serious.
    Sure but I havn't got one yet. I probably won't get one if I can't get open NAT. Have you got open NAT on eircom?

Can you pick PPPoE and it should ask you for a username and password. On Eircom the the standard username is "eircom@eircom.net" and standard password is "broadband1". This may be different if you changed it on your router settings. If this gives you open NAT, I'd be a happy lad. :D

You can enter all that stuff, all right. Not sure if it'll give you an open NAT though. Have a look at the sticky at the top of the forum, there's a walkthrough of how to set your router up to guarantee an open NAT with your xbox. Works 99% of the time, there's also a few other work-arounds that can be done too. Get the Xbox first and we'll get you sorted with an open NAT then.

• Advertisement

Sorry misread your OP. Yep I have Eircom 3megabit and I have an open NAT

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    Sorry misread your OP. Yep I have Eircom 3megabit and I have an open NAT
    Same as me so, did you get it by port forwarding or using PPPoE?

Well I got an open NAT using port forwarding with both routers, But nowadays , I disable the firewall on my router ( but keep a third party firewall on my PC as the Xbox doesn't need a firewall ) and that gets me open NAT.

Ok interesting, well I'll soon find out when I get an Xbox. Have to sell the PS3 first ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I just switched to Eircom recently too and i had moderate NAT at first. Just disabled the firewall on the router and now I have open NAT on all my games. You could portforward too if you prefer that, but disabling the firewall router did the trick for me.

• Advertisement

That's strange because I tried turning off the firewall before on PS3 and that never worked, might be different on 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

xbox can be set to use ppoe..did it for mine yesterday as I couldnt' get any mortal kombat games going...

Just to let you all know, I got the xbox 2 days ago and set it up the same way I set up my PS3 and I got open nat.

Just to let you all know, I got the xbox 2 days ago and set it up the same way I set up my PS3 and I got open nat.

Now get yourself onto Bad Company 2 so I can steal your dogtags :D

Now get yourself onto Bad Company 2 so I can steal your dogtags :D

As much as I would love to have you steal my dogtags, I think if I was to buy any battlefield game it'll be BF3 :D

Advertisement