Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Wlad is making Haye look even worse by thanking all the British fans! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Haye was toe-tally outclassed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

redout wrote: »
    Where now for Haye?

No way he deserves a re-match.

Completely outclassed - does he go back to cruiser or just pack it in?

Soccer AM?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Well done Wlad- good job. Absolute Class in the interview-> thanking the british fans for coming over & supporting the sport,making noise etc. Compare he's interview to the other pr*ck. Sounds like a genuinely good guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,634 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Haye fights a man called Klits' and he makes a fanny of himself :D

definately get my coat now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Where now for Haye?

With the Sky machine behind him he probably has one more big pay-day ahead of him before skulking off to retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

efb wrote: »
    Soccer AM?

unbelieveable tekkers, top top man

friend of the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Where now for Haye?

There's no chance of him going back to cruiser I don't think. He's made such a deal of being the saviour of the heavyweight that he couldn't be seen to be taking a step back.

Doubt he'll get a rematch. Could well be curtains for him. He made $10 million tonight on the fight I think so he's sorted for life money-wise.

Can't see him winning another world title so long as the brothers are around anyway. He's still very, very young for a heavyweight these days. Anything could happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Yay, shrek is on hbo now !
    :D

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    With the Sky machine behind him he probably has one more big pay-day ahead of him before skulking off to retirement

He should fight Ricky Hatton in the Battle of Britain superfight - they're about the same weight now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Woeful let down, was expecting much more from Haye. Wlad did the job well and never looked troubled.

great phone in now on bbc 5live after this, some very upset callers ringing in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,521 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jayob10 wrote: »
    great phone in now on bbc 5live after this, some very upset callers ringing in :D

I heard they are going to march on bskyb office and demand their money back
    (not true but they should lol)

mikemac wrote: »
    How do you listen?

I tried and was told I'm not in the UK

tune it in to your satellite receiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

This was the 2nd so-called superfight of the year, after Pacquiao - Mosley. Both were rubbish. Instead of running away all night ala Mosley, Haye just kept humping the floor. Too bad Klitschko couldn't get the KO frown.gif

Hope Mayweather - Ortiz will be a proper scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Hindsight and all that mate. Both men have a massive knockout percentage. It was a woeful fight, hardly any big shots thrown by either man, particularly Haye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Use a radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Sky sports /DAvid Haye made a mint out of this fight, trying to promote it "as the biggest fight of all time". I think Haye knew he had only a punchers chance and it showed!

Bring on the press confernce? Lets see if Haye has any humility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Trampas

Haye will be looking for Audley phone number to offer him a rematch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

on satellite

• Advertisement

The post-fight conference will be amazing!

Wlad and Vitali are going to have fun with Haye, especially after his excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The Hayfaker,what a spoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I was comparing Haye in my head to Holyfield before the fight, coming up from Cruiserweight after capturing the titles, but not after the fight. A 90-93 Holyfield would have fought better.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

SanoVitae wrote: »
    The post-fight conference will be amazing!

Wlad and Vitali are going to have fun with Haye, especially after his excuses.

will this be on the pay per view?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭boogeyman

Delighted with the result - arrogant Haye taken to school.

But he had to remind us that he would have knocked him out only for his "sore toe":p

Always trying to have the last word even in defeat - hopefully he'll piss off now so we can all forget about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Woah this place went downhill pretty quickly, can we have our forum back please?

bbc 5 live
    im going to take your fu'cking head off

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

a broken f**king toe, seriously, a broken toe!!!

what a complete and utter load of nonsense.

ok, his toe didnt look right, but with a local anesthetic and adrenline, you would not feel that,

sure i never saw him limping coming into the ring, nor at his media workout.

Haye has made himself to look even more small time than he ever could have with that "excuse", he should actually be ashamed of himself for speaking such tripe

CorkMan wrote: »
    I was comparing Haye in my head to Holyfield before the fight, coming up from Cruiserweight after capturing the titles, but not after the fight. A 90-93 Holyfield would have fought better.

with all due respect as a boxing fan its crazily lacking in knowledge to liken Evander Holyfield to David Haye. there are many cruiserweights turn heavyweights.

Holyfield is light years ahead of the best version of Haye.

What we saw tonight is that Haye is lacking in the fundamental skill of boxing. footwork, defence, he doesn't even have a jab FFS

His whole schtick is to be an opportunist. Even his training is suspect, sure he looks chiselled but he cuts some vital corners too. Hes not the firsto do it but he doesn't even put in any running in training.

Well and trully shown up to be worse than some of the "bums" Wlad has fought.

Another Sky sports cash cow has been put out of its misery.

• Advertisement

jebus this is funny

some people couldnt watch the match in sky boxoffice hd after paying for it and sky said on twitter "go watch it in a pub"

how bad is that

Advertisement