Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I just paid E22 to watch a lad throw himself around a square ring,I'm sure I'll be available to be ripped off again

mate invest in a proper satellite dish

I watched the match totally free and in English commentary

Hi everyone, as we are still experiencing technical difficulties with bookings, please find your nearest pub http://t.co/icj19YT

http://twitter.com/#!/skyhd

aint that fair bad, a total disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Boooourns wrote: »
    I thought Hayes defence was really good tonight, his head movement was excellent and he took some clean shots bang on the chin.
    Wlad is just too big and his foot movement is excellent, he's just to hard to land on but he was badly rocked when Haye did land.
    Just a pity Haye didn't throw more as i thought he had the power but Wlad is just too big. It's very hard for a cruiserweight to step up but i thought he gave a decent account considering the other bums Wlad has fought.

You can add David Haye to that bum list, if you are being honest! .I'm not sure what fight you were watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

titan18 wrote: »
    Pssh,Adamek stepped up and is a far better fighter than Haye. He might actually give Vitali a problem in September.

Not going by Adamek's fight against Kevin McBride.

People, stop kicking Haye when he is down. Saying he'd ring Harrisson for a re-match, etc. Haye went to Germany and did what he could do. He could not do more on the night. BTW, i'm not making excuses, but that 8 count was crazy from the ref, there was no punch for sure. Plus after that Wlad pushed and held David down more.

Wladimir would have won even if Haye didn't get the 8 count, but it was bad from the referee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

CorkMan wrote: »

People, stop kicking Haye when he is down. Saying he'd ring Harrisson for a re-match, etc. Haye went to Germany and did what he could do. He could not do more on the night. BTW, i'm not making excuses, but that 8 count was crazy from the ref, there was no punch for sure. Plus after that Wlad pushed and held David down more.

Wladimir would have won even if Haye didn't get the 8 count, but it was bad from the referee.

The ref warned him a round before that if he threw himself to floor again he was taking a point off, instead he gave a count, and beside that the fight wasn't close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Headshot wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/#!/skyhd

aint that fair bad, a total disgrace

Its fair enough tbh. They could have kept telling peopel to keep trying right up to the start of it and they'd have missed it. At least they gave a couple of hours notice to save people the bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

djhaxman wrote: »
    Badly rocked? When?

The 12th round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

If you take away probably 3 rounds for the broken toe and 4 rounds due to the Nazi's buying the judges then Haye , on another night, in another country would have won. Thank you and good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

The 12th round.

Ah ok, missed that. Fair enough.

Pssh,Adamek stepped up and is a far better fighter than Haye. He might actually give Vitali a problem in September.

That,and those "bums" Wlad fought, guys like Chagaev and Peter would probably give Haye a problem

Have you seen Adamek fight at heavyweight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Adamek wasn't great in that fight, but take a look at his fight against Arreola.Adamek won't knock many heavyweights out, but his pace and movement will trouble a lot of them. The guy is tireless too and can take a punch.

I think he'll provide a better showing than Haye did tonight tbh.Won't beat Vitali,stands a bigger chance against Wlad(like everyone tbf) though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Haye went to Germany and put on the exact same show as show as the bums he said Wlad fought, he was completely out-classed, didn't put up a fight, no game plan etc.

This is exactly the type of fights the Klitschko's get hammered for but like Wlad said after the fight if the other guy decides after 2 - 3 rounds he just wants to get 12 rounds it's hard to get the KO.

I agree on the standing 8 count for Haye but i think when Wlad got docked a point that could have been called a Haye knockdown

Thanks for everyone who supported my tonight. I Love you all. Sorry I wasn't able to produce the goods. I did my best considering circumstances

David Haye's twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

It wasn't hindsight that got me 3-1 on a Klitschko points win earlier this week :D

But then I thought it was a good fight. Klitschko fought a really intelligent fight and managed the rounds well. What surprised me was that Haye fought stupid and didn't know how to cope with the big man's jab. I had it down as a points decision but I thought it'd be a lot closer than it was

Adamek wasn't great in that fight, but take a look at his fight against Arreola.Adamek won't knock many heavyweights out, but his pace and movement will trouble a lot of them. The guy is tireless too and can take a punch.

I think he'll provide a better showing than Haye did tonight tbh.Won't beat Vitali,stands a bigger chance against Wlad(like everyone tbf) though

Adamek was very poor against McBride and Grant. He'll put in a brave performance but Haye is a better boxer than him.

No way I could pull out after so many fans paid their hard earned money. I believed I could still win. Klit fought me great, credit to him.

Another message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Charledontsurf

Didn't matter, Haye was well out of his depth

Its fair enough tbh. They could have kept telling peopel to keep trying right up to the start of it and they'd have missed it. At least they gave a couple of hours notice to save people the bother.

No its not right

people even bought it during the week and didnt get to watch it and what happens if you local pub doesnt have it?

Im delighted in one way because sky deserve everything they get tbh

No its not right

people even bought it during the week and didnt get to watch it and what happens if you local pub doesnt have it?

I agree with this, Sky are a joke, the final straw for me was PPV Haye v Harrison. And PPV for wrestling. WTF?

Haye with another twitter post, saying he broke his toe 3 weeks ago and he posted a picture of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

;)
    I have no idea if you are being serious or having a joke, but I am concerned if you are being serious :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No its not right

What do you want them to do though? Say nothing a refuse to answer the phone?

It's not liek they deliberately crashed it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Haye is a ****ing fraud, a disgrace.

As for Wlad, hes the second best heavyweight after his brother. **** why did I bet on that joker Haye....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Daroxtar wrote: »
    ;)

Sorry, my bad:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Adamek was very poor against McBride and Grant. He'll put in a brave performance but Haye is a better boxer than him.

I disagree with Haye being better than him. Haye is faster and has a punch that could trouble a lot of people, but he tends to just dance around and do nothing for ages. Not just tonight, he's pretty much done it in all his fights.

I think if Adamek and Haye fought(never going to happen though), Adamek would beat him. Haye would have the best out of the early rounds and might be someone Adamek can actually knock out, but Adamek provides too much pressure to not win on points imo.

Adamek wont beat Vitali, but it'll be an interesting test for him. Can't see many fighters knocking out Vitali, but Adamek has the stamina and speed to actually trouble him for a while

I have no idea if you are being serious or having a joke, but I am concerned if you are being serious :confused:
    If hes serious hes a deluded clown.

What do you want them to do though? Say nothing a refuse to answer the phone?

It's not liek they deliberately crashed it.

So crashed during mid week too?

I would of like them to actually fix the problem instead of saying go to the pub

I disagree with Haye being better than him. Haye is faster and has a punch that could trouble a lot of people, but he tends to just dance around and do nothing for ages. Not just tonight, he's pretty much done it in all his fights.

I think if Adamek and Haye fought(never going to happen though), Adamek would beat him. Haye would have the best out of the early rounds and might be someone Adamek can actually knock out, but Adamek provides too much pressure to not win on points imo.

Adamek wont beat Vitali, but it'll be an interesting test for him. Can't see many fighters knocking out Vitali, but Adamek has the stamina and speed to actually trouble him for a while

I think your being overly harsh there and, Haye has been great to watch, he's exciting with a big punch. Came up short tonight but he's a very good boxer. I think people are calling him sh!te and a loser because of his mouth but taking a step back he's been really good for the spoort in the ring (outside he's a twat).

I'd love to see Adamek trouble Vitali but he's always looked like one big heavyweight punch will take him out.
    BTW all Adamek has done is danced around the ring since he's stepped up.

Adamek nearly lost to a long past it Kev McBride.

The guy is a joke. I wish a prime Tyson could come back and destroy these clowns.

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »
    It wasn't hindsight that got me 3-1 on a Klitschko points win earlier this week :D

But then I thought it was a good fight. Klitschko fought a really intelligent fight and managed the rounds well. What surprised me was that Haye fought stupid and didn't know how to cope with the big man's jab. I had it down as a points decision but I thought it'd be a lot closer than it was

Nice hit!

Yeah would have thought they'd have tried to come up with a plan to counteract the jab, but it's easier said than done.

Advertisement