Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

redout wrote: »
    Where now for Haye?
    Completely outclassed - does he go back to cruiser or just pack it in?
    Isnt he going off to Hollywood to make his action films ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

will there be a fight to unify all the belts between the brothers now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

CorkMan wrote: »
    I watched a match before, a fighter ran towards the other fighter but the still fighter took ya man to the ground. They were on the ground for 7 minutes and the fella on top only hit the bottom fella with the odd punch, despite him not able to use his hips and legs to get power into the punch.

IMO it is not worth it.

MMA rounds are 5 minutes.

/nitpicking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Zardoz wrote: »
    Originally Posted by redout viewpost.gif
    Where now for Haye?
    Completely outclassed - does he go back to cruiser or just pack it in?

?

DAvid Haye has made 10 million , he said he was going to retire this year, and he will , rich

He hoped that he could pyche out Vladamir into believing that he was a genuine contender and failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Reekwind wrote: »
    It wasn't hindsight that got me 3-1 on a Klitschko points win earlier this week :D

But then I thought it was a good fight. Klitschko fought a really intelligent fight and managed the rounds well. What surprised me was that Haye fought stupid and didn't know how to cope with the big man's jab. I had it down as a points decision but I thought it'd be a lot closer than it was

It wasn't stupidity, rather like other Klitschko opponents, Haye didn't have the ability to counteract it. Anyway fair play on that bet.

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    I think your being overly harsh there and, Haye has been great to watch, he's exciting with a big punch. Came up short tonight but he's a very good boxer. I think people are calling him sh!te and a loser because of his mouth but taking a step back he's been really good for the spoort in the ring (outside he's a twat).

I'd love to see Adamek trouble Vitali but he's always looked like one big heavyweight punch will take him out.
    BTW all Adamek has done is danced around the ring since he's stepped up.

Another problem is, to quote Merchant "if only he had a punch"
    Even if Adamek does manage to land on Vitali, Vitali will just walk through his shots and ko him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Ardent

Trust me, Wladimir has never fought a heavyweight in shape as Haye in a long time, this will be a different class to his previous opponents. Haye cleaned up the cruiserweight division, and moved up to heavyweight successfully. As has been proven before, when Wladimir gets hits solid on the chin it is "Good Night". Plus Haye will be faster than Wladimir has ever facen before.

Just reading this now. LMFAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Both these fighters got where they are by fighting bums.

It's sad to compare the heavyweight division today with what it was in Ali and Foreman's time.

Ali had to fight Liston, Cooper, Sugar Ray, Frazier, Foreman, Norton and many more fighters who would be champions in any other era.

Even Foreman struggled in that era after losing to Ali.

There is no-one of that quality in the heavyweight division today.

Maybe it's like they say about soccer, poverty makes for great soccer players. It might be the same for great heavyweights, there are no great heavyweights coming through.

plasmaguy wrote: »

It's sad to compare the heavyweight division today with what it was in Ali and Foreman's time.

Ali had to fight Liston, Cooper, Sugar Ray, Frazier, Foreman, Norton and many more fighters who would be champions in any other era.

Maybe it's like they say about soccer, poverty makes for great soccer players. It might be the same for great heavyweights, there are no great heavyweights coming through.

THat isn't true. Sky sports convinced the world that Vlad was fighting bums and that Haye was the real deal, and look what happened? Did you lose a bet?

People, stop kicking Haye when he is down. Saying he'd ring Harrisson for a re-match, etc. Haye went to Germany and did what he could do. He could not do more on the night. BTW, i'm not making excuses, but that 8 count was crazy from the ref, there was no punch for sure. Plus after that Wlad pushed and held David down more.

Wladimir would have won even if Haye didn't get the 8 count, but it was bad from the referee.

yes, that 8 count was a bad call. The ref' perhaps did it out of frustration because Haye was often looking at the ref' for help when Klitschko was doing nothing wrong. Still that's no excuse for a dodgy count.
    As Lennox Lewis said you can't blame a fighter for using his natural advantages. Lennox did it himself. Did you notice Haye hitting around the back of the head and trying to land a sly elbow?
    So both men were not strictly playing by the rules.
    There are a myriad of views on both men and the fight, but the
    indisputable facts are these: (a) Haye was beaten by the better man. (b) Haye proved to be a better talker than boxer.

• Advertisement

THat isn't true. Sky sports convinced the world that Vlad was fighting bums and that Haye was the real deal, and look what happened? Did you lose a bet?

Vlad has a dodgy chin...

He throws one right punch per round...

If Haye really was that good he would have knocked out Vlad.

Haye isn't and wasn't that good.

He rattled Vlad a few times alright, and Vlad clung on, but in any other era I don't think Vlad would be world champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ardent wrote: »

1) Haye came in at better shape than a damn lot of Wladimir's opponents
    2) David Haye fought better than most of Wlad's opponents IMHO.
    3) Haye did clean up the cruiserweight division and did well at heavyweight

Wlad did takes Haye's best shots, I give him credit for that. What is so "LMFAO ROLFCOPTER L0L" about that?

Vlad has a dodgy chin...

He throws one right punch per round...

If Haye really was that good he would have knocked out Vlad.

Haye isn't and wasn't that good.

He rattled Vlad a few times alright, and Vlad clung on, but in any other era I don't think Vlad would be world champion.

VLad has a dodgy chin :confused:

Vlad only throws one punch per round :confused:

How did he win then:confused:

As has been said about Vlad many times, his style aint pretty but it sure is effective.

He's certainly never going to please the boxing purists.

I don't like his style personally..He jabs most of the fight, steps back if there is any sign of trouble, clings to his opponent when hit, and leans on them if they try to get inside.

It's difficult to fight someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

As has been said about Vlad many times, his style aint pretty but it sure is effective.

He's certainly never going to please the boxing purists.

I don't like his style personally..He jabs most of the fight, steps back if there is any sign of trouble, clings to his opponent when hit, and leans on them if they try to get inside.

It's difficult to fight someone like that.

Fair enough but he was spot on when he said Haye fought like most of his opponents, opponents Haye wrote off as bums.

VLad has a dodgy chin :confused:

Vlad only throws one punch per round :confused:

How did he win then:confused:

Because the other guy threw even less punches.

You can't seriously argue Haye put up a good fight? Apart from a couple of shots in twelve rounds, he offered nothing.

Because the other guy threw even less punches.

You can't seriously argue Haye put up a good fight? Apart from a couple of shots in twelve rounds, he offered nothing.

DAvid Haye was NEVER a great heavy weight boxer, Vladamir IS a great Heavy Weight boxer and that is why he has been a world champion for a dozen years, and that is why he beat David Haye so comprehensively!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Vlad showed he is far superior to Haye. I'm happy that I was wrong. I picked Haye by an early stoppage :D

Haye ripped Vlad's previous opponents and yet he came out and fought really cautiously. If Haye had been more aggressive he probably would have gotten knocked out. It was pretty similar to the Chambers fight but Haye is an explosive puncher and has a lot of power so Vlad had to be more cautious. I was impressed with how Vlad avoided most of Haye's power punches.

Haye is classless to the end, making excuses. If your toe is broken and you can't fight anywhere near your best then why fight? You are doing the paying customers a disservice. Haye is pathetic. I was not surprised to see him making excuses.

Well done to Vlad. He seemed a bit disappointed he didn't get the KO but it's hard when your opponent is being so negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Now that it's all said and done, Wlad has come out looking the far classier man and the better boxer. Even in victory he was a gentleman when i'm sure he was tempted to rub it in. Class all around.

Still not a fan of his boxing but he's so effective, why should he change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Quite true indeed. i've often had this arguement with people over the years. heavyweight is farcical now. vlad and vitali are the best of a bad lot,and both are a good bit better than the rest TBO. Haye would'nt be even allowed in the heavyweight ranks 30 yrs ago. the whole thing is driven by hype(mainly from SKY sports) same as soccer. has been getting more farcical by the year now. just imagine Frank Bruno in the ring with Ali,Frazier.Norton,Liston,Foreman,Spinks,Cooper. A joke.

• Advertisement

DAvid Haye was a disapointment , He believed his own hype and thought he could just use his speed and hope for a one off punch and knock him out ? Vladamir showed the gigantic gulf in class in boxing skills!

washman3 wrote: »
    Quite true indeed. i've often had this arguement with people over the years. heavyweight is farcical now. vlad and vitali are the best of a bad lot,and both are a good bit better than the rest TBO. Haye would'nt be even allowed in the heavyweight ranks 30 yrs ago. .

Why would you want to take away anything from Vlad And Vitali when they are proven to best in this sport for a long time, and all you can say is that everyome else is bad, and not that they might be pretty good!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Had wlad by decision tonight, nearly 90 back on 15, surprised so few were going for it. People have talked about the chin of both men but alot of time has passed and they have both matured. Delighted to see wlad dominate anyway, I loved haye when he turned heavy but see he has no class and wlad is such a good character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Any vids of the entrances guys? especially Vlads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Ardent wrote: »

1) Haye came in at better shape than a damn lot of Wladimir's opponents
    2) David Haye fought better than most of Wlad's opponents IMHO.
    3) Haye did clean up the cruiserweight division and did well at heavyweight

Wlad did takes Haye's best shots, I give him credit for that. What is so "LMFAO ROLFCOPTER L0L" about that?

Corkman you predicted Vitali would beat Solis and Haye would beat klitschko, maybe you should stop.

Haye put in a better effort than many of Wlad's recent opponents but failed to trouble him seriously.

Haye not only failed in the contest, but failed again afterwards when he showed he could not be gracious in defeat as he made a pathetic excuse. I will be looking forward to never hearing from his classless sewer of a mouth again.

Another Sky Sports hypejob gets exposed. Next up: Nathan Cleverly.

Congratulations to Klitschko, a clear winner and a gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 malafela

Quite true indeed. i've often had this arguement with people over the years. heavyweight is farcical now. vlad and vitali are the best of a bad lot,and both are a good bit better than the rest TBO. Haye would'nt be even allowed in the heavyweight ranks 30 yrs ago. the whole thing is driven by hype(mainly from SKY sports) same as soccer. has been getting more farcical by the year now. just imagine Frank Bruno in the ring with Ali,Frazier.Norton,Liston,Foreman,Spinks,Cooper. A joke.

Are they the best of a bad lot! How do we know? They have beaten everything put to them. Their style is very awkward.

They can both use their weight to their advantage, I would like to see Vitali now V Lewis in his prime. I reckon vitali would take it.

Not a lot of boxers can dominate like they can.

I think only speed and courage will beat them, which haye did not have enough of.

As for haye, poor poor excuse. Why not just admit you were not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭autonomy

He shouldn't of used bieber as a sparring partner

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Haye = Fraud/Wannabe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Oh, not knocking them at all, actually admire their achievements and reckon that they would have mixed it with the "Golden oldies" just that the standard is s---e poor now. too much emphasis on science and trying to produce a bionic man.(Haye)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 malafela

Oh, not knocking them at all, actually admire their achievements and reckon that they would have mixed it with the "Golden oldies" just that the standard is s---e poor now. too much emphasis on science and trying to produce a bionic man.(Haye)

It is true, they are the fighter to beat of this generation.

I think the next world champion, whatever his organization be will not be better than them.

Oh, maybe one name you forgot was Larry Holmes! Great fighter.

Advertisement