Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭lightspeed

i had €50 on kiltscho to get knocked down and i cant believe hay e nit only lost but was such a sore excuse. In the late stages i thought h ewould g o all out, i thought this fight meant the world to him but he just wanted the money and did not seem to care when he lost and of course had a sore toe going into the fight which explains everything. easy know hes british with such excuses , an absolute fraud. can he not just lose with honour? klitscho was quite the gentleman considering how much of a dick haye was before the fight. i heard haye says he is retiring and getting into acting and i think he deserves an oscar for that awful performance. He made it look like he cared and it was just a theatre show for money. a complete fraud. I am shocked and dissapointed. drunken angry rant over now.
    zzzzzzzzzz

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Look at who he has beaten it tells its own tale. The guy is a joke.
    Cant believe he pockets £15 million for that fight, he just doesnt deserve it.

The fight itself was poor to watch, another reason why I will never pay for box office fights.

What now for Haye who knows but Vitali cant be an option at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Drunk or sober , you summed it up there .

Even Haye's antics after the fight and during the decision announcement was a sure sign that he is a joke for sure .

He looked like a guy on a different planet . - altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

That's what ya get for reading English newspapers.

Would you have put £15 on England to win the world cup? (any world cup)

No.

Most English people would though. You'd be amazed how much those 80p page 3 tit rags seem to influence the boxing world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

him falling over everytive klitscho looked at him :mad: and the referee letting him get away with it.... as bad as clenching an oppenent is when your getting a beating but to just kneel down as if you tripped or something :mad: :mad:

disgraceful so he was....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭SM01

lightspeed wrote: »
    i had €50 on kiltscho to get knocked down and i cant believe hay e nit only lost but was such a sore excuse. In the late stages i thought h ewould g o all out, i thought this fight meant the world to him but he just wanted the money and did not seem to care when he lost and of course had a sore toe going into the fight which explains everything. easy know hes british with such excuses , an absolute fraud. can he not just lose with honour? klitscho was quite the gentleman considering how much of a dick haye was before the fight. i heard haye says he is retiring and getting into acting and i think he deserves an oscar for that awful performance. He made it look like he cared and it was just a theatre show for money. a complete fraud. I am shocked and dissapointed. drunken angry rant over now.
    zzzzzzzzzz

With all respect, a blind punt of €50 in hope of Haye putting Klitschko down is a bit of a joke if you've any inkling of both fighters careers. Ignore the hype and David Haye is a mediocre heavyweight. Don't go blaming him for you spunking 50 quid up the swanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

i had €50 on kiltscho to get knocked down

If you mean "Knocked Out" then i'm surprised you didnt think the joke started when the bookie started laughing at you for giving him an easy €50!
    DB10 wrote: »
    Cant believe he pockets £15 million for that fight, he just doesnt deserve it.

He completely deserves it! God knows he did enough promotion. If it was Wlad v anyone else, would people have paid €22 to see it? Or whatever they pay on HBO in the US? No!

It's the fault of the ridiculously boring state of HW Boxing these days that this tripe was allowed happen. it's also the fault of the British media and public for buying into this rubbish. David Haye has no place trying to put his name up there with HW's boxing greats as World Champion.
    Oh_Noes wrote: »

No.

Maybe 1966 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Just woke up. Watched the fight. Exactly as i expected, same old Wlad. Careful, clever, very efficient, lovely snap to his jab. Not exciting but a good boxer. Haye a decent cruiserweight but a completely unproven and untested heavyweight. Came on here and there's about 6 different threads about the fight. I don't know.

The only thing this fight proved to me was the real power of the media. They could hype any fight and the vast majority of people fall right into it. Never promised to be a good fight and if you watch it without commentary or the great atmosphere in the stadium it was a scruffy cruiserweight against a man who throws jabs in isolation. Neither was ever hurt. Haye was more interested in buying rounds, Wlad terrified to be hit.

Even after the fight Haye engaged with the media to limit the damage to his earning potential. Wake up people. Nothing to do with being ungracious. Once he keeps you interested- he wins. Or at least his pocket wins which was his goal from the beginning.

Anyway, well done David Haye he earns his payday everywhere but in the ring but he does EARN his payday.

Weepsie wrote: »
    personally i wouldnt say he is a joke, but i would say he isnt a first class heavy weight. An excellent boxer at the right weight but he severely underestimate Klitscko. Everyone did, we all expected an absolute beating of the man, but it was a cold and calculated masterclass in outwitting the opponent. Klitschko fought in a way he had only done a few times before and threw haye off completely.

I think Haye as a boxer is very talented, as a character is an arsehole (tries too hard to be like Ali et al) but outside the ring is a decent bloke it seems. I'd love to see him beat Vitali (a less talented boxer than Wladimir) and for the two of them to get a rematch somewhere neutral and produce a spectacular fight. Wont happen though

It was going so well for ye. Vitali is twice the fighter his brother is. Iron chin, best knockout ratio of any heavyweight champion in history and owned Lennox Lewis until he was robbed when they stopped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

personally i wouldnt say he is a joke, but i would say he isnt a first class heavy weight. An excellent boxer at the right weight but he severely underestimate Klitscko. Everyone did, we all expected an absolute beating of the man, but it was a cold and calculated masterclass in outwitting the opponent. Klitschko fought in a way he had only done a few times before and threw haye off completely.

I think Haye as a boxer is very talented, as a character is an arsehole (tries too hard to be like Ali et al) but outside the ring is a decent bloke it seems. I'd love to see him beat Vitali (a less talented boxer than Wladimir) and for the two of them to get a rematch somewhere neutral and produce a spectacular fight. Wont happen though

No. Just no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Foreman knocking on the dressing room door too soon was priceless, if a little upsetting to see such a man reduced to such things.
    Yes such a fall from selling household utensils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

corny wrote: »
    It was going so well for ye. Vitali is twice the fighter his brother is. Iron chin, best knockout ratio of any heavyweight champion in history and owned Lennox Lewis until he was robbed when they stopped it.

how was he robbed? he had the worst cuts I've ever seen in a fight. yeah he was ahead on the cards but a fat Lewis bashed him up. no way he could be let fight on...
    back on topic, yeah Haye's a joke, classless fighter who didn't even bother going for broke. He ran for the whole fight and kept giving out to the ref for no reason. He's the laughing stock of boxing now with his hurt pinky :D

phily2002 wrote: »
    how was he robbed? he had the worst cuts I've ever seen in a fight. yeah he was ahead on the cards but a fat Lewis bashed him up. no way he could be let fight on...
    back on topic, yeah Haye's a joke, classless fighter who didn't even bother going for broke. He ran for the whole fight and kept giving out to the ref for no reason. He's the laughing stock of boxing now with his hurt pinky :D

Perhaps robbed was poor choice of words. How about very unlucky to lose. I didn't mean robbed as in it was a poor decision to stop the fight. The doctor obviously had his reason. I meant robbed in that he was ahead and from what i can remember he did a fair bit of bashing Lewis' head in. Given his good chin and a fat tiring Lewis he'd have won but for the cut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    That's what ya get for reading English newspapers.

No.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Maybe 1966 :P

Or 2003 !

Jonny Wilkinson's right foot earned me a nice few quid in the Rugby World Cup that year. :)

Speaking of betting - I'm not well well up on boxing, but do they not have to stipulate any injury concerns they might have before a fight ?

I'd be very píssed off if I had a few bob on Haye only to discover (after the bout) that he went into the ring with a broken toe.

Especially as he seems to see it all as a bit of a laugh now, judging by his demeanour on Sky Sports. In my opinion, he has cheated his supporters and those who had money riding on him.

Thankfully I am neither. And never will be now.

Yes such a fall from selling household utensils.

Brilliant!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Haye should have stuck to sparring Ricky Jervais and Justin Bieber :) the man is a fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I hate him but he is 15 million richer than I will ever be.

Victory for educAION, moral fiber and respect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭lightspeed

its not the losing of me money or that haye lost that stings the worst.friends of mine on the dole even put €300 and and another €400 on haye to knock him out.i just had him to knock him down @7/4 cause one of the lads mentioned about a previous boxer named "corrie sanders" had put wladamir down 3 times but still got beat so after haye doing wellagainst valuev i thught he would at least go for gold and live up to the hype and knock him down. just the day before haye ison sky talking to mickey rourke and how he is ghoing swing the right hook and catch him on the chin. he didnt even try though, landed a decent one in the 12th round but even in the last few rounds he knew he was beat and happy to just fall down and dance about the ring. i thought he was a nice guy and regardless of money i would have like him to ring but now i do feel cheated cause he didnt go for the knock out and then came the disgrace after his awful performance blaming his toe. that was not a boxer in the ring , it was just an actor with gloves on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I just thought of David Haye's new Career.

Waffle Makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

its not the losing of me money or that haye lost that stings the worst.friends of mine on the dole even put €300 and and another €400 on haye to knock him out.i just had him to knock him down

That's ridiculous carry on. A lot of idiots are putting on too large a bet like that these days. What's that, 2 weeke dole? FFS its Inexcusable behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Haye looks broken down
    he needs a Toe Truck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

its not the losing of me money or that haye lost that stings the worst.friends of mine on the dole even put €300 and and another €400 on haye to knock him out.

Morons - I hope they don't have children depending on them. They should have their dole removed for wasting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

will there be a fight to unify all the belts between the brothers now?

No, they won't fight each other. And if they did Vitali would win easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

It wasn't stupidity, rather like other Klitschko opponents, Haye didn't have the ability to counteract it. Anyway fair play on that bet.
    That's fair and I'm not saying that it would have been easy to beat Wlad (this fight must surely lead to a re-evaluation of the 'bums' he's fought previously). That said, I did have a higher opinion of Haye and thought that he'd approach the fight with a concrete strategy to beat the big man. Obviously he lacked the ability to weave his way in and get close, but it was still startling just how lost he looked with those wild lunges

People might not like Wlad's style but he is an excellent boxer, why should he have a tear up in the ring just for people to be exited? It's boxing and if people don't like his style then don't watch it.

Klitschko's get way too much stick for me, it's not there fault nobody can give them a decent fight or can get close to them recently.

Haye would have stayed away Vitali even if he won last night, Vitali would crush Haye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

uberwolf wrote: »

Lol at the second comment- "Ban them from sports betting and next thing you know, there'll be rooster fights in every Hof!"

malafela wrote: »
    Are they the best of a bad lot! How do we know? They have beaten everything put to them. Their style is very awkward.

They can both use their weight to their advantage, I would like to see Vitali now V Lewis in his prime. I reckon vitali would take it.

Not a lot of boxers can dominate like they can.

I think only speed and courage will beat them, which haye did not have enough of.

As for haye, poor poor excuse. Why not just admit you were not good enough.

I reckon Vitali as well, I think people forget how good he actually is. He's a much much better fighter than Wlad and has an granite chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

CorkMan wrote: »
    2) David Haye fought better than most of Wlad's opponents IMHO.
    Only insofar as he lasted the distance. And that was mostly a product of Wlad's caution. Haye never seriously threatened Klitschko; he had him on his heels one or twice but never came close to a knockout. The judges cards had it right - it was a comprehensive win for the big man

I'd agree that Haye was the best fighter that Klitschko has faced for some time buts its probably time to look at again at those previous 'bums'. Definitely time to re-evaluate Wlad's boxing legacy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

......friends of mine on the dole even put €300 and and another €400 on haye........

FFS, Its one thing having a wee flutter on a sports event but that is disgraceful carry on. Anyone on the dole placing that much on a bet doesn't deserve their welfare payments.

Even if I was a millionaire I wouldn't back that heavily.

I hope nobody else relied on that money.

Advertisement