Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

What am I seeing on sky one.
    David Haye messing around in a ring with Justin Beaver or what ever his name is.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭StevePH

That was a bizarrrrrrrre show. Started off weird with Haye being interviewed by Michael McIntyre - WTF. Ended with Haye becomin the interviewer...for Beiber and Dizzee Rascal :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Reading the last couple of pages of this thread it strikes me so many people are drawn in by the hype. Thought people would see through the Rocky music and Ivan Drago-Wlad comparison. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they got Wlad to say "I must break you" or "If he dies, he dies"!

The fight centres around whether Haye can land some decent shots. He won't be winning on points in Germany but he has the power to trouble Wlads suspect chin. Think he's a bit too cautious though and Wlad will grind it out comfortably on points for me. Hope i'm wrong but be warned this will be a boring fight. Two very cagey fighters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i have a very limited boxing knowledge and never post in this forum but ill sum up my feelings like this:

i hope haye gets his head kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

corny wrote: »
    Reading the last couple of pages of this thread it strikes me so many people are drawn in by the hype. Thought people would see through the Rocky music and Ivan Drago-Wlad comparison. Wouldn't it be hilarious if they got Wlad to say "I must break you" or "If he dies, he dies"!

The fight centres around whether Haye can land some decent shots. He won't be winning on points in Germany but he has the power to trouble Wlads suspect chin. Think he's a bit too cautious though and Wlad will grind it out comfortably on points for me. Hope i'm wrong but be warned this will be a boring fight. Two very cagey fighters.

I disagree. I think Haye will make it far from a boring fight, I think he will go straight at Wladimir because Wladimir wouldn't know what to do. He would be so used to using the jab from range, etc.

I think if Wlad get's knocked down once or twice and gets up, his default gameplan would be very shook up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

i have a very limited boxing knowledge and never post in this forum but ill sum up my feelings like this:

You are most welcome here.

i-know-that-feel-bro-i-know-that-feel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

So close I can taste it brotatoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I hope for Wlad v Samuel Peter part 1. With a different ending though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Any idea what time they'll be touching gloves at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

evil_seed wrote: »
    Any idea what time they'll be touching gloves at?

10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

I seriously do not understand all the Haye hate, I mean Wlad is one of the most boring heavy weight champions in the history of the sport who is partly responsible for the stagnation of boxing in the public eye over the past ten years. I mean seriously, jab jab jab does not make for exciting fights. And I will be honest, he could be best boxer in the world , if his fights are boring people won't care, that's why most common people couldn't tell you who the heavy weight world champion is. The heavy weight division is dead , I mean guys like Holyfield still fighting for titles is embarrassing, Haye is breathing life into a lifeless division.

Haye sells fights, regardless of how he does, sure he runs his mouth, but do people forget Ali? The king of running his mouth and yet now he is venerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Rule no.1: You're not allowed kick.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

CorkMan wrote: »
    I disagree. I think Haye will make it far from a boring fight, I think he will go straight at Wladimir because Wladimir wouldn't know what to do. He would be so used to using the jab from range, etc.

I think if Wlad get's knocked down once or twice and gets up, his default gameplan would be very shook up.

You make it sound so easy. As if going at Klitschko, a man with a huge reach advantage and the best jab i've ever seen, is easy!

Klitschko has been in twice as many professional fights. He's a thinking mans fighter if ever there was one. There's no way a man with such limited experience at Heavyweight will get him flustered. Whats more likely is Haye for the first time in his career gets hit by a proper heavyweight and gets shaken up.

Klitschko may be a safety first fighter but unlike the 4 bums Haye has fought at Heavyweight he's heavy handed. For me Haye and Booth know this and they'll want to avoid any toe to toe stuff as much as possible. Klitschko was born cagey, Haye has no choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Would love to see Klitschko knock Hayes head off cant stand him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Howdy,

We just spoke with Paddy Power who told us that this has become the biggest fight of all time :eek::eek::confused::confused:

Full Story is here if you want to have a look: www.fightireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mastini

Any of you gents know if I can order this fight on UPC? Neither Sky or UPCs sites have been helpful so I suspect the answer is no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

If that's true, David Haye deserves all the credit because his big mouth is responsible for the fight happening in the first place.

Can you imagine how big a fight between a victorious Haye and avenging big brother Vitali would be?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

mastini wrote: »
    Any of you gents know if I can order this fight on UPC? Neither Sky or UPCs sites have been helpful so I suspect the answer is no

Don't think you can with UPC but PM sent about an alternative

Madness, well I can only go on what I'm hearing but that is mad! I guess the lack of football or decent racing on would attract punters but biggest of all time is some feat.

Agreed - I reckon Hayes next three fights are against Klitschkos either way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭munster87

I can only see this being his last fight when Wladimir knocks him out

Its definitely not the biggest fight of all time. The only reason its a big fight because there is no other fight out there besides Pacquiao V Mayweather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You should be able to order it on UPC. Go to the PPV channel and ring the number on the screen or just ring up UPC customer service, its probably the same number. I will advise to order NOW. For Mayweather-Hatton i was trying to order from 3 o clock that saturday until 1 in the morning. I spent the whole day sitting on the stairs drinking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

what is the chance of haye winning on points,the ref is hand picked by klitschiko ,as for the judges who knows,on home soil,its well known that its dam near impossible to get a decision in germany,haye has to knock him out,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

It just shows how weak heavy weight division has become.

getz wrote: »
    what is the chance of haye winning on points,the ref is hand picked by klitschiko ,as for the judges who knows,on home soil,its well known that its dam near impossible to get a decision in germany,haye has to knock him out,

Haye has no chance on points imo and it will be nothing to do with the judges. He needs a KO no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

g'wan the Haye!

I seriously do not understand all the Haye hate, I mean Wlad is one of the most boring heavy weight champions in the history of the sport who is partly responsible for the stagnation of boxing in the public eye over the past ten years. I mean seriously, jab jab jab does not make for exciting fights. And I will be honest, he could be best boxer in the world , if his fights are boring people won't care, that's why most common people couldn't tell you who the heavy weight world champion is. The heavy weight division is dead , I mean guys like Holyfield still fighting for titles is embarrassing, Haye is breathing life into a lifeless division.

Haye sells fights, regardless of how he does, sure he runs his mouth, but do people forget Ali? The king of running his mouth and yet now he is venerated.

What exactly has Haye done for the heavyweight division? You make it sound as if he is cleaning the division up.

First he fought Monte Barrett who was never any good.

He fought Valuev, who was one of the worst champions ever and just about won.

then he has fought Ruiz who was seriously past it.

Next he fought the great Audley Harrison.

For all Haye's slagging of Wlad fighting nobodies Haye has fought worse opposition by far.

Oh and Haye is going to retire in November, he has done **** all for the heavyweight division in my eyes. He has just been hyped up by Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

It's going to be very LOL when Klitschko turns Haye's legs to jelly with a stiff jab.

• Advertisement

Followed Haye on Twitter this morning to see if he said anything about the weight in,

Great the weight in is in a few hours! but that comment is followed by him saying he is looking at himself in the mirror and telling us how ripped he is,followed a few hours later by a picture of him getting his hair braided. ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fight is a pick em IMO. Haye has very decent speed, and quite good power. Both are traits that can undo Wlad. Haye's stamina is still in doubt I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ how embarassing are those Ing-er-land fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did Sky buy them fans tickets for the weigh in and fill them up with drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thread title needs editing imo. Dont want to be putting the heart across folk who buy the fight and log on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Haye - 15stone 3 pounds
    Klitschko - 17stone 5 pounds

In and out for Haye so. Hopefully more in than out.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Fight is a pick em IMO. Haye has very decent speed, and quite good power. Both are traits that can undo Wlad. Haye's stamina is still in doubt I feel.

I agree I think if Haye can maintain a furious pace for most of the fight - with his hand speed and power he can unsettle Klitschko and yes even grab a decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

SanoVitae wrote: »
    I just don't think Haye hits anything near as hard as the likes of the Sky Sports team would have us believe.

I hope I'm totally wrong because I really like Haye and have been following his career since the Thompson fight.

He may not hit as hard as the fawning sky sports suggests, but he has good power. We saw what happened when Sanders, who probably doesn't punch as powerfully as Haye, caught Wlad on the chin.
    The fact is Wlad is in big trouble if Haye does manage to land a decent punch on his chin.

That said while Haye does seem to have good speed, Wlad is quick for a big man. Haye won't find it as easy to evade Wlad as he did Valuev and get in and out without eating a punishing jab from Wlad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 keitho h

Ail or foremen would ko the two of them at same time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Hi, Lurker here. This is probably going to sound like a very stupid question to those that know.
    Is there anyway to watch the fight on another channel or online, or is the only way to buy it from Sky?
    Sorry if I'm being a thicko.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

cotton wrote: »
    Hi, Lurker here. This is probably going to sound like a very stupid question to those that know.
    Is there anyway to watch the fight on another channel or online, or is the only way to buy it from Sky?
    Sorry if I'm being a thicko.:o

Free on german television if you have a dish and set top box.

I'm sure you could find a stream online too, i don't know any of those websites though. People usually post up links on the night of the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've only got Sky so I guess I'll be glued to this forum on saturday night.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

cotton wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've only got Sky so I guess I'll be glued to this forum on saturday night.:)

It's on early enough to be on in bars and pubs.
    Apart from that someone will probably post a streaming link on the night.

I agree I think if Haye can maintain a furious pace for most of the fight - with his hand speed and power he can unsettle Klitschko and yes even grab a decision!

Yes, too many believe that if it goes the 12 that Wlad will win.

Haye is elusive, slick, fast and can be very cute when he needs to.

He could well steal this with the right plan; fast attacks, in and out and on the bike. He has very good feet for a big guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He could well steal this with the right plan; fast attacks, in and out and on the bike. He has very good feet for a big guy

No just No

he'll most likely be knocked out by a jab

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

could a mod change the title, its pointless now

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, too many believe that if it goes the 12 that Wlad will win.

Haye is elusive, slick, fast and can be very cute when he needs to.

Stamina as you previously mentioned is a big issue here. The longer it goes, the odds favour Klitschko due to his natural advantages. Also the huge fact the fight is in Germany. Haye simply cannot afford to leave it in the hands of the judges. Just ask Holyfield, he comprehensively beat Valuev and still the judges saw fit to award the fight to Valuev.

I think you're also reading too much into Haye's pasts performances with his ability to get in and out without being tagged. Wlad, while not as fast as Haye, is agile on his feet for a big guy. It was easy for Haye to do an Ali impression against Valuev. It won't be so against Wlad.
    Haye has to risk being the aggressor from the get go to win. If Wlad is allowed to settle into his rhythm it could be a a difficult night for Haye.

Anybody else hearing anything about Haye being hurt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Anybody else hearing anything about Haye being hurt ?

Arent you posting that a day early? :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

does anyone know what time the fight will start at? i know the coverage starts at 8pm but hoping to slip out from work and watch it but need to know exactly the time it starts

Hey, I would make Wlad a favorite, but Haye will have a chance, an early cahnace, and if he can land flush and heavy, who knows? It's heavyweight boxing after all. We can't be too dismissive of Haye's chances. Wlad has hardly set the world on fire. Haye hasn't either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement