Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fight is a pick em IMO. Haye has very decent speed, and quite good power. Both are traits that can undo Wlad. Haye's stamina is still in doubt I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ how embarassing are those Ing-er-land fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did Sky buy them fans tickets for the weigh in and fill them up with drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thread title needs editing imo. Dont want to be putting the heart across folk who buy the fight and log on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

Haye - 15stone 3 pounds
    Klitschko - 17stone 5 pounds

In and out for Haye so. Hopefully more in than out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

walshb wrote: »
    Fight is a pick em IMO. Haye has very decent speed, and quite good power. Both are traits that can undo Wlad. Haye's stamina is still in doubt I feel.

I agree I think if Haye can maintain a furious pace for most of the fight - with his hand speed and power he can unsettle Klitschko and yes even grab a decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

SanoVitae wrote: »
    I just don't think Haye hits anything near as hard as the likes of the Sky Sports team would have us believe.

I hope I'm totally wrong because I really like Haye and have been following his career since the Thompson fight.

He may not hit as hard as the fawning sky sports suggests, but he has good power. We saw what happened when Sanders, who probably doesn't punch as powerfully as Haye, caught Wlad on the chin.
    The fact is Wlad is in big trouble if Haye does manage to land a decent punch on his chin.

That said while Haye does seem to have good speed, Wlad is quick for a big man. Haye won't find it as easy to evade Wlad as he did Valuev and get in and out without eating a punishing jab from Wlad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 keitho h

Ail or foremen would ko the two of them at same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Hi, Lurker here. This is probably going to sound like a very stupid question to those that know.
    Is there anyway to watch the fight on another channel or online, or is the only way to buy it from Sky?
    Sorry if I'm being a thicko.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

cotton wrote: »
    Hi, Lurker here. This is probably going to sound like a very stupid question to those that know.
    Is there anyway to watch the fight on another channel or online, or is the only way to buy it from Sky?
    Sorry if I'm being a thicko.:o

Free on german television if you have a dish and set top box.

I'm sure you could find a stream online too, i don't know any of those websites though. People usually post up links on the night of the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've only got Sky so I guess I'll be glued to this forum on saturday night.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I've only got Sky so I guess I'll be glued to this forum on saturday night.:)

It's on early enough to be on in bars and pubs.
    Apart from that someone will probably post a streaming link on the night.

I agree I think if Haye can maintain a furious pace for most of the fight - with his hand speed and power he can unsettle Klitschko and yes even grab a decision!

Yes, too many believe that if it goes the 12 that Wlad will win.

Haye is elusive, slick, fast and can be very cute when he needs to.

He could well steal this with the right plan; fast attacks, in and out and on the bike. He has very good feet for a big guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He could well steal this with the right plan; fast attacks, in and out and on the bike. He has very good feet for a big guy

No just No

he'll most likely be knocked out by a jab

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

could a mod change the title, its pointless now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Stamina as you previously mentioned is a big issue here. The longer it goes, the odds favour Klitschko due to his natural advantages. Also the huge fact the fight is in Germany. Haye simply cannot afford to leave it in the hands of the judges. Just ask Holyfield, he comprehensively beat Valuev and still the judges saw fit to award the fight to Valuev.

I think you're also reading too much into Haye's pasts performances with his ability to get in and out without being tagged. Wlad, while not as fast as Haye, is agile on his feet for a big guy. It was easy for Haye to do an Ali impression against Valuev. It won't be so against Wlad.
    Haye has to risk being the aggressor from the get go to win. If Wlad is allowed to settle into his rhythm it could be a a difficult night for Haye.

Anybody else hearing anything about Haye being hurt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Arent you posting that a day early? :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

does anyone know what time the fight will start at? i know the coverage starts at 8pm but hoping to slip out from work and watch it but need to know exactly the time it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Bohs are showing the fight in the bars in Dalymount if you want to watch it, €2.75 pints.

http://bohemians.ie/bookafunction/1275-wladimir-klitschko-v-david-haye-booze-and-boxing-in-the-bohs-bar.html

If Haye loses on points watch him come out and say he was cheated, whether it was deserved or not. Really hope Wlad batters him

• Advertisement

Hey, I would make Wlad a favorite, but Haye will have a chance, an early cahnace, and if he can land flush and heavy, who knows? It's heavyweight boxing after all. We can't be too dismissive of Haye's chances. Wlad has hardly set the world on fire. Haye hasn't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

dont test my heart like that:(
    if this fight is cancelled i think il cry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Haye is not elusive or slick. He's fast, explosive and powerful, although i'd say he's lost a bit of power moving up. Despite being pretty quick he's not that hard to hit and his footwork is clumsy as fucck.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Haye is not elusive or slick. He's fast, explosive and powerful, although i'd say he's lost a bit of power moving up. Despite being pretty quick he's not that hard to hit and his footwork is clumsy as fucck.

When he WANTS to be he can be elusive, for a big guy. His feet are good. Good lateral movement and speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

When he WANTS to be he can be elusive, for a big guy. His feet are good. Good lateral movement and speed.

Hayes footwork isn't that good in fairness. He has really fast hands, he has excellent lateral movement when the other fighter respects his power. I am curious to see how good this lateral movement and indeed footwork is when its put under pressure for a sustained period.

Rather than using lateral movement to evade the jab i suspect Haye will just stay completely out of range and be extremely cagey.

I think the neutrals who have been seduced my sky are going to see a very different fight than they expect. Everyones ears are perked at the thought of 2 supposed huge hitters having a tear up but the fight will be the complete opposite of that.

I do certainly give Haye a punchers chance if he can somehow land a lucky shot, but I just cannot see him getting inside that jab. As ive said before, that jab is not a punch to keep a guy at bay its a power punch in itself.

People criticise Wlad's previous opponents for not putting up more of a fight but that jab of his is accurate and very dangerous and when it lands many gameplans go out the window and causes cautious fighters to be even more cautious.

I am eagerly awaiting Haye's reaction to that first jab landing.

Wlad to win between round 9-12 by KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Seriously considering placing a fairly substantial bet on Klitschko to win as I just can't see Haye knocking him out and there's no way Haye will win on points in Germany. Also I think the price will be pretty tasty just before the fight as the British public will no doubt wade in and back Haye heavily on the exchanges. If someone can provide solid reasoning and persuade me against placing this bet please tell me now!

Seriously considering placing a fairly substantial bet on Klitschko to win as I just can't see Haye knocking him out and there's no way Haye will win on points in Germany. Also I think the price will be pretty tasty just before the fight as the British public will no doubt wade in and back Haye heavily on the exchanges. If someone can provide solid reasoning and persuade me against placing this bet please tell me now!

Do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Haye is Sky Sports Repacement for Ricky Hatton. Hype doesn't even come close!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

haye by K.O. 5th round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Im not sure that fighting Audrey Harrison was the best tune up for this test. Haye always says before each fight that he will turn it into a bloodbath but it never turns out like that.

Advertisement