Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klitschko-Haye in doubt yet again, Press conferences cancelled....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

klitschko wins for me.

i think hayes best chance is to go at him early. control the pace from the off and hope to land some solid shots to test the already mentioned dubious chin of wlad.

if klitschko starts controlling the pace and jabbing at will...... UD pts win

personally think we will see a ko victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Seriously considering placing a fairly substantial bet on Klitschko to win as I just can't see Haye knocking him out and there's no way Haye will win on points in Germany. Also I think the price will be pretty tasty just before the fight as the British public will no doubt wade in and back Haye heavily on the exchanges. If someone can provide solid reasoning and persuade me against placing this bet please tell me now!

Trust me, Wladimir has never fought a heavyweight in shape as Haye in a long time, this will be a different class to his previous opponents. Haye cleaned up the cruiserweight division, and moved up to heavyweight successfully. As has been proven before, when Wladimir gets hits solid on the chin it is "Good Night". Plus Haye will be faster than Wladimir has ever facen before.

Notice the lack of comments about "Wait till Haye gets hit on the chin"? Haye can take a solid punch, Wladimir cannot. Haye won't stay at long range taking left jabs all night, nor will he allow Wladimir to tie him up.

does anyone know what time the fight will start at? i know the coverage starts at 8pm but hoping to slip out from work and watch it but need to know exactly the time it starts

I would say 10pm. It's in Germany, which is 1 hour ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Wlads last 6 fights where top contenders, none of Hayes heavyweight fighters have been even close to that standard and all about 39, Haye is finished.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Wlad gonna throw this fight & give Vitali shot at unifying division & make for a bigger superfight against Haye!!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Johner wrote: »
    What exactly has Haye done for the heavyweight division? You make it sound as if he is cleaning the division up.

First he fought Monte Barrett who was never any good.

He fought Valuev, who was one of the worst champions ever and just about won.

then he has fought Ruiz who was seriously past it.

Next he fought the great Audley Harrison.

For all Haye's slagging of Wlad fighting nobodies Haye has fought worse opposition by far.

Oh and Haye is going to retire in November, he has done **** all for the heavyweight division in my eyes. He has just been hyped up by Sky Sports.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be acting the troll, but I'm not talking about what Haye has done in the ring, its about what he has done for the heavy weight boxing outside of the ring. As in he has aload of people, and this thread is prime evidence of it, talking about a heavy weight boxing match. Which is something that simply doesn't happen anymore.

As for credible opponents, Haye has proved himself , he cleaned up and destroyed the cruiserweight division. Granted his opponents in the HW division haven't been spectacular but let's be fair neither have Wlads. I mean sure he has fought contenders but pathetic contenders in my mind.

Haye is too smart, he will dance, like a mofo, then pop Wlad with one and its goodnight to the Ukrainian version of Irene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I seriously do not understand all the Haye hate, I mean Wlad is one of the most boring heavy weight champions in the history of the sport who is partly responsible for the stagnation of boxing in the public eye over the past ten years. I mean seriously, jab jab jab does not make for exciting fights. And I will be honest, he could be best boxer in the world , if his fights are boring people won't care, that's why most common people couldn't tell you who the heavy weight world champion is. The heavy weight division is dead , I mean guys like Holyfield still fighting for titles is embarrassing, Haye is breathing life into a lifeless division.

Haye sells fights, regardless of how he does, sure he runs his mouth, but do people forget Ali? The king of running his mouth and yet now he is venerated.

Well,Haye's fights at Heavyweight have been fairly boring/a joke. Don't mind if he runs his mouth if he backs it up in the ring and entertains in there. He hasn't imo.

I also quite like watching Wlad and Vitali fight and their entrances are usually fantastic aswell

cowzerp wrote: »
    Wlads last 6 fights where top contenders, none of Hayes heavyweight fighters have been even close to that standard and all about 39, Haye is finished.

Just because 3 of them went past the 10th round, and the others went 7 and 9 rounds respectively, does not mean they were top contenders. A way shot, old Hasim Rahman, hardly a top contender now? Chagaev: Some credibility for that win. Samuel Peter in the 10th: not much credit, I wonder how Peter would do with Harrisson. Chambers just took the jab and did not fight back and Thompson wasn't a great fighters.

Valuev and Ruiz have more credibility than Wladimir's previous 5. Harrisson was just a tune-up fight for Haye, which Sky & Haye knew was going to make a lot of money. Haye kept it until the 3rd himself, he could have taken Harrisson out in under 90 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Haye is seriously annoying me in the buildup to this fight. I hope to god that Wlad does something similar to him as Manny did to Hatton.

Seeing as there are a couple of threads, but no polls done on people's views. There has been many a discussion about people saying it will end early, or end late, etc, I think it would be good to put in a poll.

I won't make it so people will vote for the victor, just how long people think it will last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,738 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CorkMan wrote: »
    Just because 3 of them went past the 10th round, and the others went 7 and 9 rounds respectively, does not mean they were top contenders. A way shot, old Hasim Rahman, hardly a top contender now? Chagaev: Some credibility for that win. Samuel Peter in the 10th: not much credit, I wonder how Peter would do with Harrisson. Chambers just took the jab and did not fight back and Thompson wasn't a great fighters.

Valuev and Ruiz have more credibility than Wladimir's previous 5. Harrisson was just a tune-up fight for Haye, which Sky & Haye knew was going to make a lot of money. Haye kept it until the 3rd himself, he could have taken Harrisson out in under 90 seconds.
    You really come across like you haven't a clue when you say things like that. Seriously why are you continuing to spout that rubbish? Its completely untrue.
    Valuev is just a big long string of nothing, Ruiz has been shot for years. Rahman would beat either of them handy. They didn't want to know about Chagaev, they don't want to know about Samuel Peter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Its a big fight, but hardly in the catagory of Lewis/Holyfield and Tyson/Holyfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

It is a big fight- but its not the biggest fight of all time, what i would say is its the Biggest fight for the heavyweight division in a long time as the division needs this to survive. Back in the Late 80's and 90's the heavyweight division had the best pound for pound boxers, the Likes of Hollyfield and Tyson and a few others too. Now its the middle weight and light weight divisions that has all the hype.

Haye is a very good cruser weight boxer and you have to give it to him moving up to heavy weight as he's holding his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Judging by david hayes workout he is going to win this fight using his knees and ducking a lot and getting in on vlads body which in turn will expose his chin. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Johner wrote: »
    Haye has no chance on points imo and it will be nothing to do with the judges. He needs a KO no matter what.

Are all the judges going to be german, that would seem a bit strange. Can anyone confirm before i have a flutter

In car, heading to Stadium now. Its PISSING down!!! Hopefully within the next 3 hours its stops!

That is from David Haye's twitter a couple of minutes ago.

I hope the ring does not get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I don't see it going past 8. I think Wlad will knock him out but wouldn't be too shocked if Haye won.

Sort of stating the obvious, but there ya go.

Roy Jones said they will change the canvas before the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Guys sorry hopefully someone will know what time will the fight itself actually be starting? Thinking of going to the pub to watch it but don't wanna be there for an hour or two before hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Guys sorry hopefully someone will know what time will the fight itself actually be starting? Thinking of going to the pub to watch it but don't wanna be there for an hour or two before hand!

10 or 11. I'm leaning towards 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I expect it to go the distance. I don't think either fighter is good enough to put the other out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

10th round with Wladimir getting KO'ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Reekwind wrote: »
    I expect it to go the distance. I don't think either fighter is good enough to put the other out

With the amount of knockouts they both have? I'd be shocked if it went the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Shocking undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

talk now doing the rounds that the scales were incorrect. Haye was 208 rather than 213. Theres no way he struggles to make cruiserweight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

unknown13 wrote: »
    10th round with Wladimir getting KO'ed.

I've €10 on Wlad winning in the 11th round.

Wlad doesn't knock anyone out early. Unless he gets knocked out himself.

I'm starting to hope Haye wins this as I wanna see him fight Vitali for all the belts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

who you all up for? not a big boxing fan myself & know feck all about it, but have an interest and will watch this fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Can't wait for this now. Long time since I've been this excited about a heavyweight fight, just hope it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looking forward to this, but I can't see it being as exciting as we are hoping.

Points or late knockout for Klitschko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Will be a late stoppage I think, either way I'm looking forward to the fight, if its a strategy game that Wlad is going to do then so be it, thats boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone have a decent, English stream please?

Advertisement