Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Dog sleeping on top of big dog - bald patch

• 01-05-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Has anyone advice on the following issue.

I have a big dog for the past 8years and recently got a pup. Both are male. The small pup started sleeping on top of the big dog and i thought this was a comfort thing and didn't pay any heed. Now two months later i noticed that my big dog has a balding patch where the other dog is sleeping, i have also noticed that the small dog is also digging at my big dog's back at the same spot.

I correct my small dog whenever i see any of the above actions but the above is still happening.

Any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Something similar happened to us before when we got a new kitten that had been taken from it's mother too early.

It became attached to our older male dog. He was suckling the dog for comfort as sort of a mother substitute. The dog had a huge bald patch on his chest for ages but didn't seem to mind.

The kitten grew out of it eventually though.

Advertisement