Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

c & c please, inishboffin island donegal

• 01-05-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

_MG_2670_Enhancer.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I like the photo, the post processing looks too strong though. Too much contrast and saturation takes away from it I think. The sky looks a bit pink on the left side. Would be interesting to see the original photo.

Possibly would be better without the stones and rock on the left side, kind of takes the focus away from the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 farwood

I really like the atmosphere... the colours, the dramatic sky....

I think post processing is good. it's kind of artifical.... but it does not always have to be naturally....

the pink sky underlines the upcoming of somethings dangerous... the rising storm!! Love that!!!

well done.

Nina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

I like the composition, but it would probably benefit from more restrained processing. Nice dramatic clouds; I'd maybe like to see a little less sky though and would darken the sky by a half a stop to make those clouds even more dramatic - really nice shot though :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i converted it to grayscale on my computer, and it was an immediate improvement, because it took a way a lot of the garish colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

quite the nice image.

overcooked but on the borderline without going over the border line - albeit I think for some people it will be too cooked. I generally wouldn't go for these but I think this has clarity to it, and some interesting visual points within the composition.

funny tones throughout, but in a quirky way i'm liking it.

good leading lines.

a little more beach on the left hand side perhaps would be good. Overall I think zoomed out a little might be better, but only a little - the boat is quite reasonably positioned where it is - too much zoom out might ruin it, but I feel it could take a little.

one of the leading lines, the green coloured line along the edge of the slipway, is a bit distracting - the saturation has blown the importance of the length of rope.

A long exposure might have been interesting.

But overall its nice. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Firstly - I like the photo, and you have done a good job with it IMO.

Improvements - things to try :

1 - On my laptop it looks a bit oversaturated especially the clouds to the left.

2- I'd try to get the horizon on a 1/3 line - I dont know if you have other shots or can recrop - but if you can, I'd suggest a little more foreground so the horizon is 1/3 of the way from the top, instead of midways as it is right now.

3 - try printing it (If you havent already) For me, there is something about the look/feel of a print that conveys more from a photo than a small web image. Prints are tangible, bigger, and they are coloured differently, unless you have a calibrated monitor etc...

Having said all the above - nice shot, & thanks for sharing.

-FoxT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

IMHO, I'd like to see a bit more of the beach on the left, less sky and maybe a bit closer to the boat and go wider. Would like to see it in b/w too. That is all :)

Advertisement