Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian Reveal New Song Titles

Options
  • 01-05-2011 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/56376
    The Leicester band have been working on the record in San Fransisco with Dan The Automator, who produced their last album 'West Ryder Lunatic Pauper Asylum. Songs set to feature include 'Switchblade Smile', 'Neon Noon', Goodby Kiss', I Hear Voices', 'Shelter From The Storm' and 'Velociraptor'.

Singer Tom Meighan told Q that the latter song is "mega punk ****ing aggression. Totally off the wall, but you know it's us."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Exellent, was only listening to their last album yesterday and forgot how good they were. Looking forward to this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really looking forward to what the new album can bring to the table, these guys are my favorite band. I have really high hopes and i think kasabian are only hitting 5th gear now. Was listing to their debut album yesterday there just sensational and the only decent band out there (bar 1 or 2).

also i only got my new kasabian tattoo the other week :D

heard there doing a few tour dates around the major cities in the uk around June time before the festivals. Would you say there would be a good chance they would play the o2 Dublin ?

id love it as i felt there last gig in the o2 in 2009 was the best gig i ever witnessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Serge Pizzorno has said he's sure "a spirit" has written the band's fourth album, because he feels like he "wasn't even there."

The band are currently putting the finishing touches to the follow-up to 2009's 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum', which will be released before the end of 2011.

Speaking to NME in a video which you can see at the top of your screen, the guitarist said how the album was written: "I feel like I wasn't even there, like a spirit came down and took over, I'd just be milling about and I'd wake up in the morning and go 'Who's done that?' I really feel like a spirit wrote the album."

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/57010

cant wait for this album i heard a rough demo of one of the songs meant to be on the album called green fairy and its immense. i have high expectations for the 4th album and i say we will here a few more new tracks after the festivals they play in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

kasabian have gone ****ing heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Im liking the sounds of that, ive always prefered there heavier stuff to the more mellow songs they have.

Is there any word on a release date yet?

Hope they tour ive seen them a few times at this stage but never get sick of seeing them, for me the best gig ive seen them at was 2007 in Dublin Castle.

Im liking the sounds of that, ive always prefered there heavier stuff to the more mellow songs they have.

Is there any word on a release date yet?

Hope they tour ive seen them a few times at this stage but never get sick of seeing them, for me the best gig ive seen them at was 2007 in Dublin Castle.

heres another song on the album

and

this one aswell

as far as i know i heard its october 2011 and heard rumours of an arena tour in the autumn time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers for the info and the vids. October 2011 that good not so long a wait then.

Akasabian tattoo now that dedication, whats the tatttoo of?

Cheers for the info and the vids. October 2011 that good not so long a wait then.

Akasabian tattoo now that dedication, whats the tatttoo of?

just got the cover of there first album on me leg.

thats the album cover there 31WHH854Y4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Switchblade Smile and Velociraptor in 720dpi best versions I've seen by far. SS is a bit of a Linkin Park type sound, Velociraptor will probably be a bigger hit than Fire as the lyrics are so catchy.. another change in direction it's remarkable that none of their albums sound overly like each other.

studio version of switchblade smile.

new album is named as Velociraptor and is due for release on September 19th.

loving the new tune i cannot wait

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]VELOCIRAPTOR!
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

Tracklisting:
    1. Let's Roll Like We Used To
    2. Days Are Forgotten
    3. Goodbye Kiss
    4. La Fée Verte
    5. Velociraptor!
    6. Acid Turkish Bath (Shelter From the Storm)
    7. I Hear Voices
    8. Re-wired
    9. Man of Simple Pleasures
    10. Switchblade Smiles
    11. Neon Noon

http://kasabian-empire.tumblr.com/#7897124396

new song days are forgotten in that link.

its a funky beast of a tune i tell yas

new video

other song of the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nice, I like what Im hearing. Kasabian seem to be getting progressively better with each album.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

The chorus on 'Days are Forgotten' is epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Days are Forgotten is very good, Switchblade Smile is a bit sh*te to be fair.

Days are Forgotten is very good, Switchblade Smile is a bit sh*te to be fair.
    You won't be calling it ****e when you hear it live. When that song is live it's a whole different animal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Itunes says the album is out September 16th. Really like Velociraptor, not mad about Switchblade Smiles.

Hasn't being mentioned yet but the Deluxe version of the album features a full length DVD of the gig in the Point on 27 November 09.. anyone who was there that will tell you it was a top top gig. The music video for Vlad is a taster of what the whole gig should be like which should be good

Dotsey wrote: »
    Hasn't being mentioned yet but the Deluxe version of the album features a full length DVD of the gig in the Point on 27 November 09.. anyone who was there that will tell you it was a top top gig. The music video for Vlad is a taster of what the whole gig should be like which should be good

think il have to buy that. what a gig, what a night and to top it all off i got to meet jay mehlar pure gentleman.

remix of days are forgotten featuring ll cool j which is a bonus track on the single

That's pretty cool. I might be able to see myself catching Noel's black hoody now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

Really liking Days Are Forgotten. Switchblade Smiles is a bit of a grower so give it a few listens. Can't wait to see their new stuff live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Kasabian have announced plans for a special concert in New York to mark the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/58967

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Temaz wrote: »
    Kasabian have announced plans for a special concert in New York to mark the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/58967

Have the people of NYC not suffered enough?

Have the people of NYC not suffered enough?

could of been worse mate they could of get radiohead in :rolleyes: then they be wishing for another terrorist attack ;).

love to know were there playing il be in new york that day have to go check them out there best live band this side of the atlantic

Ah come on now, Radiohead playing Exit Music would liven up even the most cynical of depressed people!

• Advertisement

new b-side pistols at dawn released today. believe me when i tell you that this tune is to good to be a b-side

http://www.nme.com/news/kasabian/58991

Advertisement