Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy birthday Lyric FM

• 01-05-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

12 years of great music :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rossa morbeg

Lyric fm = waste of tax payers money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Tg4 and radio equivalent now that's a waste of money!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Handy nixer for the likes of Eileen Dunne,George Hamilton et al. Disgraceful.The highlight has to be Marty Whelan.It's laughable.
    Why not give a presenters job to someone with at least an interest in classical music?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

Handy nixer for the likes of Eileen Dunne,George Hamilton et al. Disgraceful.The highlight has to be Marty Whelan.It's laughable.
    Why not give a presenters job to someone with at least an interest in classical music?

Couldn't agree more, but what do you expect from RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Caledonman wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, but what do you expect from RTE?

Very little. I got rid of my telly so as not to pay the licence. I watched very little anyway.However I know I am funding this holiday camp one way or another probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

When the music is classical, early, sacred, romantic, contemporary - it's magic. When the presenters are brief, informed and focused, it's wonderful.
    In short when Lyric is doing what the private sector will not do, then it's well worth the money, in this listener's view.
    Alas, it does not do this as much as it should.

What is a bigger waste of the licence fee - Lyric FM or RTE buying TV shows like Mad Men etc and putting them out late at night when few who want to see it will see it, just to stop TV3 having it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Isn't he a trained cellist and pianist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Never really got into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colinonetwo

I have a nixer for someone that could move into a 9 to 5. can anyone hepl me? i'm looking for someone make radio ad's for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I have a nixer for someone that could move into a 9 to 5. can anyone hepl me? i'm looking for someone make radio ad's for me.

3 posts in 3 threads with the same question.

And you cant spell 'help' in any of them. :rolleyes:

Something tells me your time on Boards will be short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

Happy birthday.

While the current RTE management seem bent on wrecking what their predecessors put together the station still has a lot to offer.

Eamonn Lawlor
    Trish Taylor
    Liz Nolan
    Music and Musicals
    Opera Night

If there was no Lyric think of all of the great music that would never be heard on Irish airwaves.

Advertisement