Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Share your new kit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

yimrsg wrote: »
    Ordered shure triple flanges for my fischer audio dba-02, (the stock ones have a tendency to come off in my ear too easily) and sennheiser 414 pads for my alessandro ms1i which I'll do the reverse quarter mod on.

I've heard good things about these ones: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/comply-t200-black-large-5-pair.html

I've yet to try them though, considering ordering some this month though I'm beginning to hate the sound of my Ety's. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

yimrsg wrote: »
    Ordered shure triple flanges for my fischer audio dba-02, (the stock ones have a tendency to come off in my ear too easily) and sennheiser 414 pads for my alessandro ms1i which I'll do the reverse quarter mod on.

I tried them on my ER-4Ps, they hurt to take out from the strength of the seal. I try to use hybrids on my DBA-02s now but have to fit a foam core on the shaft since it's a different size...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

nesf wrote: »
    I've heard good things about these ones: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/comply-t200-black-large-5-pair.html

I've yet to try them though, considering ordering some this month though I'm beginning to hate the sound of my Ety's. :(

Never really liked foam although the only ones I've used are shure olives foam from a crappy se110 and didn't really like them, they deteriorate quicker than silicon and take longer to get a good fit. The stock triple flanges are super at adding isolation and bass impact so I'm reluctant to move away from what works for me. I've read on Head-fi, some posters swearing by trimmed complys but I can't see it bettering the isolation, convenience and longevity of silicon triple flanges.
    Baza210 wrote: »
    I tried them on my ER-4Ps, they hurt to take out from the strength of the seal. I try to use hybrids on my DBA-02s now but have to fit a foam core on the shaft since it's a different size...

The triple flanges included with the dba-02 were a revelation for me as I'd never used them before (the re0 biflanges didn't really suite for deep insertion), the only flaw was them coming unstuck very deep in the ear and not having a tweezers to hand. As long as they tips stay on when I take them out I'll suffer any pain gladly.

This post by Clieos really helped make an informed decision:
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/304963/fyi-various-iems-tips-pictorial-comparison-updated-sept-29th-2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Ordered a Schiit Asgard to power my HD650s

asgard_03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Why not an Objective-2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

I've gotten all of these within the last couple of months. So far the Grado is the best sounding, followed by the JVC, then the Denon, and the Sennheisers. The Portapros aren't as good as people told me they'd be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

padraig_f wrote: »
    Ordered a Schiit Asgard to power my HD650s

Looking at ordering one of these in the next few months, did you ordered directly from Schiit?
    What DAC are you going to be running with it? I'm tempted to get a Bifrost with USB, else probably just a HRT Streamer II.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got a bit of time to listen to the AIAIAI TMA-1s the last few days. Very impressed. They look pretty great in my opinion. Retro style and feel like a high quality product down to the way they were packed.

The sound is a little bass heavy but for the price they're downright impressive. Comfortable and good with any music I threw at them. Overall I'm delighted with them for €90. I was thinking of buying them to sell them on but I won't be doing that which I suppose is a pretty strong endorsement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Just picked up this for my sony e765 mp3 player:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SRSNWGU50-CEK-Walkman-Speaker-Control/dp/B002MUBVFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336117053&sr=8-1

Actually surprised how decent the sound is after a bit of burning in, and it's great they way it fits the walkman perfectly: no cables etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement