Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 not recognising PC since I changed to UPC

Options
  • 01-05-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I recently switched over to UPC broadband and got a Cisco 2425 router.

Im using XP and have my PC and Xbox connected to the router (both wired)and can connect to the Internet fine, play games and use Sky player on the xbox360 no problem.

But....for some reason my xbox wont recognise my PC now so i cant stream movies from my PC to my xbox. This is the setup I had with my old linksys router and it worked beauifully but wont work with the cisco 2425 router.

I have MAC address filtering enabled and double checked the MAC addresses and they are all correct, i enabled uPnP and turned the router firewall off to see if that worked but it doesnt. The xbox just wont recognise my computer.

I enabled file sharing in windows media player and my pc recognises my xbox360.

Any ideas guys to to make my xbox360 recognise my pc files?

Thank you

Alan

Edit: I forgot to say I can stream movies from my PC wirelessly downstairs to the wii no problem with this router but xbox wont recognise PC as Imentioned above

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

That cisco router is a piece of **** i could never get the xbox to recognise a pc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi guys, I recently switched over to UPC broadband and got a Cisco 2425 router.

Im using XP and have my PC and Xbox connected to the router (both wired)and can connect to the Internet fine, play games and use Sky player on the xbox360 no problem.

But....for some reason my xbox wont recognise my PC now so i cant stream movies from my PC to my xbox. This is the setup I had with my old linksys router and it worked beauifully but wont work with the cisco 2425 router.

I have MAC address filtering enabled and double checked the MAC addresses and they are all correct, i enabled uPnP and turned the router firewall off to see if that worked but it doesnt. The xbox just wont recognise my computer.

I enabled file sharing in windows media player and my pc recognises my xbox360.

Any ideas guys to to make my xbox360 recognise my pc files?

Thank you

Alan

Edit: I forgot to say I can stream movies from my PC wirelessly downstairs to the wii no problem with this router but xbox wont recognise PC as Imentioned above

I ran into trouble a while back with streaming issues too, do you by any chance use vuze? This was the only way i could get it to work back then. I think tVersity may have worked for a while too.

I recntly changed to a WGKUSB120N (cant find a link) and it has solved all my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dirtysteve

NTMK wrote: »
    That cisco router is a piece of **** i could never get the xbox to recognise a pc
    Neither can I. Ive taken a few bashes at it, but no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

dirtysteve wrote: »
    Neither can I. Ive taken a few bashes at it, but no success.

Will that work instead of the csco router on UPC steve?
    Is there much work in configuring it ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Something similar here.
    My old 360 had no issues with Tversity on my PC but since I changed to a new slim line console, since the old one snuffed it, no joy.
    The Media Center works but none of my DivX files can play, so I try Tversity and nothing.
    My 360 won't see my PC at all, despite nothing changing on the PC side of things.
    Bugger!
    Changed all sorts of settings but nothing has worked, sometimes Tversity comes up but selecting it on the 360 all I get is sorry, can't connect.
    The PS3 was never this hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I switched to UPC recently too. I had similar problems, but somehow managed to work it out. I remember having to re-add the 360 to the PC network, I never use any add on programs. When it works now, it works fine, but my biggest problem is the constant disconnecting.

Advertisement