Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snapper belt and carb probs

Options
  • 01-05-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi all
    i have a snapper lt200 ride on which is in its second year ,less than 15 hours use.its running very rich blowing clouds of black smoke.
    im a mechanic so i stripped carb and blew out with compressor many times but wont run any better.anyway i took it back to dealer and he cleaned it ect ect
    no better .he now tells me i need a new carb and that it might not be covered on guarentee
    now a carb should last longer than a couple of hours,
    but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem as it would help me with my claim
    also broke the drive belt after 5 hours,when it jumps off the pulley it rubs against the chassis and self destructs ,i wonder is it designed this way .
    80 euros for a belt ,but you can buy one from bearing services in athlone for 10 yes 10 euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ailyoc

hi bustersdad--

I have a Snapper LT200 and I am trying to replace the drive belt. Would you be able to tell me how you took out the steering?

Thanks and hope you got your problem sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

@ ailyoc Page 34

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bustersdad

no problem
    lift the front of machine up as high as you can ,take off steering wheel and drop steering shaft out.you might have to take plastic engine cover off so you can wedge the crank from turning to aid removal of front pulley,take note of locating bar the pulley which sits in the pulley.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

If I have linked to the correct model, there is no mention of removing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bustersdad

is it the drive belt or blade belt ,if its the drive belt its the way i said ,you also have to remove the cutting deck which is only held on by 2 springs and 2 bushes,

• Advertisement
Advertisement