Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did they dig up the Pope???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

eh, beatification...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I'm all for sainthood, but digging him back up again, what da fup is that all about?!?

Jesus dug himself up. He was a real self starter, not like these new lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭stimpson

Maybe they are going to reanimate him Frankenstein style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

The town crier and his daughter had proof he had a silver tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Apparently they want to beat him. Not sure what that's about. Those Vatican people are crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

He cures Parkinsons - where else could you dig that one up ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why did they did him up? Dunno but I found it astonishing that they invited along Mugabe to the ceremony.
    I shouldn't be surprised though!

See: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/outcry-as-mugabe-is-invited-to-attend-popes-beatification-2276868.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Zombie check. Imagine the embarasment if they made him a saint only to find he has taken a liking to human brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

There probably wasnt much digging involved anyway if it was a crypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

to get to the other side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Biggins wrote: »
    Why did they did him up? Dunno but I found it astonishing that they invited along Mugabe to the ceremony.

See: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/outcry-as-mugabe-is-invited-to-attend-popes-beatification-2276868.html

The boul mugabe has been getting around. Royal Weddings and digging up popes and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The confusion started when Bertie asked for a digout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

They didn't just dig him up, they extracted tubes of his blood just before he died - to be kept as relics. They've done this kind of thing all through the last two thousand years: keeping the bones and other bits of potential saints, to be brought out and venerated. They dug up Cardinal Newman (first rector of UCD) a few years ago and put his hair on show, but didn't find any bones to show off. He might still get canonized, despite probably being homosexual. If you are a Catholic, this is your church: enjoy. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is completely normal behaviour... in the Catholic Church...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

bnt wrote: »
    They didn't just dig him up, they extracted tubes of his blood just before he died - to be kept as relics. They've done this kind of thing all through the last two thousand years: keeping the bones and other bits of potential saints, to be brought out and venerated. They dug up Cardinal Newman (first rector of UCD) a few years ago and put his hair on show, but didn't find any bones to show off. He might still get canonized, despite probably being homosexual. If you are a Catholic, this is your church: enjoy. :rolleyes:

It actually seems a bit awesomer than it did before I read your post.

orourkeda wrote: »
    The boul mugabe has been getting around. Royal Weddings and digging up popes and the like.
    Birds of a feather sticking together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

bnt wrote: »

If your human, have a look at our world, its a nice place:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

All countries that have diplomatic relations with the Holy See could attend, Mugabe decided to use that to go, he was not formally invited.

Blessed Pope John Paul II is to be re-buried under the altar of St Sebastian in St Peter's Basilica which is close to Michaelangelo's Pieta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

what da fup is that all about?!?

Because he was a very very good friend of Jesus, and was a goalkeeper also.
    I hope that makes as much sense as the creation of Saints/minor gods.

• Advertisement

Min wrote: »
    All countries that have diplomatic relations with the Holy See could attend, Mugabe decided to use that to go, he was not formally invited.
    Yes, he was, you could say it was an open invitation and you might be right - and whats more as has been reported "...the Vatican had to obtain special permission for him to be allowed to enter the pocket statelet" to even ensure he could appear!

Disgusting - but not surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Have these fcukwits in Rome any cop on? It's bad enough with their abuse cover ups ect, then they invite Mugabe the dictator to Rome. The PR management team must cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Yes, he was, you could say it was an open invitation and you might be right - and whats more as has been reported "...the Vatican had to obtain special permission for him to be allowed to enter the pocket statelet" to even ensure he could appear!

An open invitation is not the same as saying Mugabe was invited.

Yes, he was - and whats more as has been reported "...the Vatican had to obtain special permission for him to be allowed to enter the pocket statelet" to even ensure he could appear!

The EU gave permission for him to enter the European Union, it was on the radio this morning that he was not formally invited, all heads of states could attend and since the Vatican is not part of the EU, the EU allowed him to enter Italy as they have to to allow him to attend the Vatican.
    Mugabe has been to Rome a couple of times in the last few years to attend UN conferences.
    Obviously if he is not attending the EU but is entering the EU for international events he is allowed.

A member of the Israeli government was also at the beatification, his family were taken to the concentration camps during WWII, he went to honour the Pope who did much good for Catholic/Jewish relations, he was saved when he was placed with a Catholic family in Belgium and the family would tell the authorities their child was Catholic.

As I said, all countries that have diplomatic relations with the Vatican were allowed to send a representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

apparently he invited himself as he is a roman catholic and all catholics are invited plus he is not welcome anywhere else so he prob needs a holiday

Min wrote: »
    ...all countries that have diplomatic relations with the Vatican were allowed to send a representative.
    Fair enough but did Rome have to go and let this murderer in, paving the way for him by seeking permission on his behalf?

Seriously? Its the actions of idiots in charge but not a first for the Rome org in levels of stupidity.

Fair enough but did Rome have to go and let this murderer in, paving the way for him by seeking permission on his behalf?

Seriously? Its the actions of idiots in charge but not a first for the Rome org in levels of stupidity.

He was in Rome twice in the past three years to attend UN food summits.

I think he likes using international events in the EU to show some defiance and the beatification meant he could again enter the EU with the excuse to attend the beatification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

new lead in the search for maddie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

new lead in the search for maddie...

Cold, but I tittered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Dont know if this has anything to do with it but I learned recently that in Italy after someone has been dead a year, I think on the day of the dead, they exhume the bones and clean them infront of the family

Advertisement