Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did they dig up the Pope???

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Min wrote: »
    ...I think he likes using international events in the EU to show some defiance and the beatification meant he could again enter the EU with the excuse to attend the beatification.
    I suspect your right - and in all honesty any heads anywhere should not be facilitating him to do it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

population wrote: »
    Dont know if this has anything to do with it but I learned recently that in Italy after someone has been dead a year, I think on the day of the dead, they exhume the bones and clean them infront of the family

He's been dead more then a year by now so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

population wrote: »
    Dont know if this has anything to do with it but I learned recently that in Italy after someone has been dead a year, I think on the day of the dead, they exhume the bones and clean them infront of the family

In Madagascar they dig them up every couple of years, throw a party that lasts for days with the corpse as guest of honour, and then re-bury them. If I was Pope JP I'd hop back into my box if Robert Mugabe's mug was what met me on the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paddy1965

Will he be name patron saint of pedophiles when he's made a saint

Why did they dig up the pope?

Soylent green manufacture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Soylent Green is people!

Soylent Green is people!
    Shush - your giving the plot away!
    ...Mind you, Rome has just undug one too! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So the Royals had a wedding...

... now the Vatican is getting back on this by digging up the corpses of famous Popes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Have some respect for the dead and Christianity.

Next time ye're broke and looking for some money and kindness, go see the atheist rather than the Christian, see what you'll walk away with.

CorkMan wrote: »
    ...Next time ye're broke and looking for some money and kindness, go see the atheist rather than the Christian, see what you'll walk away with.
    More money in your pockets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Next time ye're broke and looking for some money and kindness, go see the atheist rather than the Christian, see what you'll walk away with.

According to Social Darwinism, charity makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Reality.

According to Social Darwinism, charity makes absolutely no sense.
    Charity should have stayed at school then with her other two sisters, Faith and Hope!

Biggins wrote: »
    More money in your pockets?

I'm saying if you need money, ie somebody in this day and age who loses their jobs but gets told their parents are earning too much and they get 0 Euro.

Did you see the Homeless program on TV3 some months ago? The TV3 reporter went to the Church and got €20 from the Priest.

@mark200: What do you mean by your comment "Reality"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Roman Catholicism does not equal all of Christianity. I have respect for Christians but it is running low for Roman Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Next time you're looking for the Roman Catholic Church to hide some paedophile priests in another school, go ask Joe Ratzinger why did he allow it.
    You get respect by your actions, RC Church will get none from people connected with reality.

Now, back to digging up some dead Polish dude....and parading vials of his blood as 'relics' LOL

gman2k wrote: »
    Next time you're looking for the Roman Catholic Church to hide some paedophile priests in another school, go ask Joe Ratzinger why did he allow it.
    You get respect by your actions, RC Church will get none from people connected with reality.

Now, back to digging up some dead Polish dude....and parading vials of his blood as 'relics' LOL

Go back to smoking and drinking and eat crap food and keep closing down your health and life expectancy range.

Oh and stay away from the Church when you need money.

Go back to smoking and drinking and eat crap food and keep closing down your health and life expectancy range.

Say what Bud?
    Sounds like garbled Scientology from here....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I'm saying if you need money, ie somebody in this day and age who loses their jobs but gets told their parents are earning too much and they get 0 Euro.

Did you see the Homeless program on TV3 some months ago? The TV3 reporter went to the Church and got €20 from the Priest.

Religions offer false hope, atheists do not (or at least do not in the form of theism).

If you're purely talking about the financial benefits of approaching a Christian instead of an atheist, well then that's a different story. But I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Christians are more likely to give a poor person money just because you saw a priest give a reporter €20 on a TV show a few months ago.

Oh and stay away from the Church when you need money.

How Christian of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Jesus Christ ,the pope died six years ago.

I thought the idea of being religious is to be free to pass on and now they've brought the bloke back ?

Thats sounds like pure evil to me ,wierdo's the lot of them.

• Advertisement

All joking aside, its is a bit more than weird and archaic - and frankly tasteless no matter what the ancient reason.
    Digging a dead man up and supposedly draining any of his blood! (would it not have broken down, degraded, etc by now anyway?)
    Respect for the dead? It seems those close at home in Rome don't know the meaning of the phrase!

They took blood samples before he died for medical reasons AFAIK, and added anti co-agulant to keep them liquid.

Mark200 wrote: »
    Religions offer false hope, atheists do not (or at least do not in the form of theism).

If you're purely talking about the financial benefits of approaching a Christian instead of an atheist, well then that's a different story. But I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Christians are more likely to give a poor person money just because you saw a priest give a reporter €20 on a TV show a few months ago.

Well I saw the Priest giving the person money, just because it was set-up doesn't mean the Priest didn't see from his eyes a poor homeless man. It seems these days Materialism appears to try to be the new Religion and "God". " I was in the street the other day and heard a man preaching the word of God. How dare he, that stung my ears and stumped on my rights as a non-believer. I AM AN ATHEIST YOU KNOW"

How Christian of you.

I won't claim to be the holiest Christian, but I have never went to the Church in a dire situation asking for money and I am not a Priest making that comment.

This is not a reference or dig at atheists, but these days there are people driving around in big Jeeps, Mercs and Beemers yet still claiming from the St Vincent The Paul, which is think is totally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

20 quid out of billions and nazi gold

gman2k wrote: »
    They took blood samples before he died for medical reasons AFAIK, and added anti co-agulant to keep them liquid.
    The first part of that might have good reason behind it - the second part, reason for wanting to keep a dead mans blood liquidised, is beyond reckoning!
    Still very strange stuff!

20 quid out of billions and nazi gold
    ...And land
    ...property
    ...Art works
    ...Money raised
    ...Money taken
    ...The list goes on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

The first part of that might have good reason behind it - the second part, reason for wanting to keep a dead mans blood liquidised, is beyond reckoning!
    Still very strange stuff!

It's funny how the church can be scientific when it suits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

yoshytoshy wrote: »

It has the Pontifical academy of science, over a third of the scientists are Nobel winners in the various areas of science.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    O' yea!
    Don't get me started how scientific they were in relation to Pope John Paul 1 - I don't think they will be digging him up soon!
    Too many questions to be answered there - and once again not in a good light for Rome!
    (See: http://www.yallop.com/ingodsname.aspx)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

O' yea!
    Don't get me started how scientific they were in relation to Pope John Paul 1 - I don't think they will be digging him up soon!
    Too many questions to be answered there - and once again not in a good light for Rome!
    (See: http://www.yallop.com/ingodsname.aspx)

Everyone loves a good conspiracy, doesn't mean it has to be true.

Advertisement