Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did they dig up the Pope???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

CorkMan wrote: »
    Well I saw the Priest giving the person money, just because it was set-up doesn't mean the Priest didn't see from his eyes a poor homeless man. It seems these days Materialism appears to try to be the new Religion and "God". " I was in the street the other day and heard a man preaching the word of God. How dare he, that stung my ears and stumped on my rights as a non-believer. I AM AN ATHEIST YOU KNOW"

I won't claim to be the holiest Christian, but I have never went to the Church in a dire situation asking for money and I am not a Priest making that comment.

This is not a reference or dig at atheists, but these days there are people driving around in big Jeeps, Mercs and Beemers yet still claiming from the St Vincent The Paul, which is think is totally wrong.

Charity fraud has nothing to do with religion. And it doesn't matter what the priest saw - the point you were implying was that an atheist could not see the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Soylent Green is people!

Maybe that should have been Soylent Green is papal :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Min wrote: »
    Everyone loves a good conspiracy, doesn't mean it has to be true.
    Don't mean sometimes it has to be false either.
    Works both ways. Yallop certain puts forth some real evidence and not just in small amounts.
    (I read the book)

Just recently he was proved right alone in one aspect of that case, the banker found hanging under London Blackfriars bridge.
    He had been stating it for years, backing up his claim of murder with evidence.
    I could go on but I'd be derailing the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyhow,

Any particular reason why JP had to be dug up to be canonised or beat or whatever?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Anyhow,

Any particular reason why JP had to be dug up to be canonised or beat or whatever?

Lord knows!
    Hail Mary, Our Father... Away ya go.. Your a Saint now.
    ...Next!

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Lord knows!
    Hail Mary, Our Father... Away ya go.. Your a Saint now.
    ...Next!

5 pages in, a bit of debate and still no answer! :pac:

5 pages in, a bit of debate and still no answer! :pac:
    Many have been waiting over 2000+ years for answer.
    Did you really expect one! Ya poor fool! :pac: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Isn't the major currency of the catholic church ,guilt.

It's quantitive easing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Anyhow,

i think he picked a horse to be placed in the english grand national once or twice

i think he picked a horse to be placed in the english grand national once or twice
    Maybe he owed Bertie racing bet money?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Biggins wrote: »
    Maybe he owed Bertie racing bet money?

thats it, the antichrist had forpaddytheplasterer backed at cheltenham and bertie wants his money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I hated him.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I hated him.

WTF is this supposed to mean or are you just looking for a rise?

Have some respect for the dead and Christianity.

Next time ye're broke and looking for some money and kindness, go see the atheist rather than the Christian, see what you'll walk away with.
    Jesus would have hated the Roman Catholic church and the amount of money they have and the way they are. Why doesn't the Pope give all that wealth away to the poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I hated him.

Who Bertie?
    I'm with you on that one! Hopefully he'll never rise again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It was to rebury him somewhere else, its not that unheard of ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

It means Im a loyalist wow shock horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭swarm.of.bees

AFAIK they dig 'em up to check the state of decomposition. The thinking being that the less decomposed the cadaver is, the more likely the previous owner of said cadaver is deemed to have been a good candidate for beatification/canonisation (read: if he hasn't been eaten by worms he musta been chosen by god, or some other spurious argument that is more powerful than the covering up of child rape adventures).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....looking for a gf more like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I hated him.

What a surprise there. Possibly an automated post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I hated him.
    Unlike other people who genuinely dislike the Catholic church you only post rubbish like the above just to add to your few thousand "Look at me, i'm a Loyalist! I'm different." posts.

It's getting annoying at this stage. Just put "I'm a Loyalist. I hate the Republic, I hate Sinn Féin and I hate the Pope" in your signature or something and save yourself the hassle of needing to tell people the fact in every single post you make.

I hated him.
    Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    It means Im a loyalist wow shock horror.

Eh, I didn't ask you Tone but that's just typical no matter what side of the fence you're on. I would say the chippers up your end do lots of bidness. I'm sick of the likes of the pair of ya tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I wonder why Charles Darwin hasn't been buried up yet?

He is a Saint after all in "Nature" magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Care to explain that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I wonder why Charles Darwin hasn't been buried up yet?

He is a Saint after all in "Nature" magazine.

Because Newton is a Saint in "science" magazine and he and his theory of gravity would be pretty pissed off if someone was buried up.

Unlike other people who genuinely dislike the Catholic church you only post rubbish like the above just to add to your few thousand "Look at me, i'm a Loyalist! I'm different." posts.

It's getting annoying at this stage. Just put "I'm a Loyalist. I hate the Republic, I hate Sinn Féin and I hate the Pope" in your signature or something and save yourself the hassle of needing to tell people the fact in every single post you make.
    I'v always posted this opinion. So your post is wrong. Anyway, i did hate him. Good thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'v always posted this opinion.
    Yep, you sure have.
    So your post is wrongright. Anyway, i did hate him. Good thread.:)
    Fixed your typo.

I'v always posted this opinion

I think thats what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I think the trouble started when someone said, during a late night Vatican piss up -

"I think we need to crack open a cold one!"

• Advertisement

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I think the trouble started when someone said, during a late night Vatican piss up -

"I think we need to crack open a cold one!"

They are thinking of putting him in a glass casket, but if they do or not remains to be seen.

Advertisement