Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options
  • 01-05-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

With the season due to start tomorrow, i guess it's time to start a new thread for it.

Best of luck to everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ah, back in DIV III. Happy times.

I don't think that any boardsies are destined for my league though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hopefully the bot flush will treat us well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Check the ' history ' tab to see where you are.

I'm in Div III 14 With Satory again and StadeMudflingers.. That's someone here yea?

I'm not sure how they figured that out, but I am in with eoferrall.

I'm the 2nd highest ranked 3rd division team, and eoferrall is the 3rd highest.

We should not be in the same league. I feel sorry for him ;)

I've a feeling this is gonna be a tough season. :(

Lots of teams with evenly matched players, and a few much better guys..

• Advertisement

I'm in a leagu with Marvel! Not an easy league, only one walk over team as far as I can see.

I don't think these are the final places that we will end up.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

If you go into global - competitions - league - S12 it has all the leagues up already

Yeah I know they are up, but I don't think they have been finalised.

It looks like the tables were sorted according to squad strength, not ranking. Who knows ? This may be the way the Devs want it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they figured that out, but I am in with eoferrall.

I'm the 2nd highest ranked 3rd division team, and eoferrall is the 3rd highest.

We should not be in the same league. I feel sorry for him ;)

Bring it JP!!:p

How do you find out the DIV III rankings? ie how do you know you are 2nd? or have you gone through the rankings for ireland picking out the teams??????:eek:

but looking at the other leagues seems to be more spread out in ranking... ie div III.9 has 59, 56, etc we have 60, 59, 55 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I like my Div II - Reckon I have a good chance to stay above the auto-relegate

eoferrall wrote: »

How do you find out the DIV III rankings? ie how do you know you are 2nd? or have you gone through the rankings for ireland picking out the teams??????:eek:

Yeah, I had gone through the ranking lists and created all the leagues from 1 to 3 manually. I had done a bit of scouting on the teams that I thought I was getting too :rolleyes:

One of them was Keep off the grass, so not a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

You were right JP, the leagues have been redone to what they were earlier, i was in II.4, now in II.1

You were right JP, the leagues have been redone to what they were earlier, i was in II.4, now in II.1

mine is still the same JS, not changed at all.

Maybe the Devs want me to give eoferrall a little bit of pain.

eoferrall wrote: »

Now don't go spending all your cash buying fancy players in the hope of taking me on ;)

Get yourself level 5 facilities and trainers as you had planned :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ah crap thats hardly fair, both the teams relegated from Div 1 are in my league.

jprender wrote: »
    Now don't go spending all your cash buying fancy players in the hope of taking me on ;)

Get yourself level 5 facilities and trainers as you had planned :p

Don't worry I'm not buying any players now..save my cash. I'll give ye a game without buying superstars!!
    But yeah looks like I can afford lvl5 by controlled expenditure & my soon to be expanded stadium!

I plan on spending zero more than i have to this season. Going to try build up a chunk of cash, and develop youth players. Have one or two decent ones coming through at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Ended in III.9

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Div III.9 looks like 1 team i can beat the rest i will need to catch on the hop with LTNTand hopefully stay out of auto reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ha im having a chat with that one team at the moment

i have an simple league so il be focusing on the cup while it lasts and the cups iv entered

My 135k CSR center is now Irish! Might be worth training him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

ajeffares wrote: »

Yes please give him lots of very tough training sessions. And don't believe him when he says he's exhausted thats how you know the training is working

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Ended up in Div III.6

tough league. Just came down from DIV II last season...and i'm 4th ranked team in the league :eek:

dont think its gonna be anyway easy this season either

and to top it all off...fans are now cynical :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

ajeffares wrote: »

What's the nationality rule?? Gota play in ireland for 4 seasons r sum thin ???

TheJims wrote: »
    What's the nationality rule?? Gota play in ireland for 4 seasons r sum thin ???

three - just like real life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ended up in III.4

Will be a tough season but in a good way. I reckon I could lose to 6 or 7 teams in my league if conditions went against me but similarly I think I could beat everyone in my league (bar 1 maybe) if conditions went with me. So thats a good level of competitiveness there.

Going to be a tough start to the year financially though, contentment is at cynical and I am the top ranked team (no idea how, looking at the respective sqauds) so even when I win it won't go up much and losing will really kill my contentment because I will be losing to a team "worse" than me. Oh well, all part of the game. It's what keeps it interesting. While I enjoyed my season in Div 2 getting hockeyed, it was a bit boring after awhile!!!

Finally, Greystones RFC? who manages them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Div III.9 looks like 1 team i can beat the rest i will need to catch on the hop with LTNTand hopefully stay out of auto reg.

From what I can see there are 3 boards.ie team in III.9 Which one are you?

Ugh.. there's about 30-40k worth of salary raises that i now have to afford.

My top guys each cost about 2-3k more per week now..

• Advertisement

MarVeL wrote: »
    Yes please give him lots of very tough training sessions. And don't believe him when he says he's exhausted thats how you know the training is working

Ha ha, I can't even afford to give him the sessions atm. I already have a trainee and a half!
    crisco10 wrote: »
    Ended up in III.4

Ah good aul III.4, many a season I spent in that league! Do boards proud :p The only team still there is blues. They are a great team but the manager wasn't very active last season.

Advertisement