Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I was hoping for a closer score... Since I now have MoM defense at reputable (it was the only defensive tactic that I haven't played against you yet, after keeping the other two, fully charges for the last 2 seasons).

I also noticed the weather and push up my driving and PNG tactics, forsaking my usual creative and expansive ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Well, Hopefully i'll meet you again in the playoffs, and hopefully it'll be a closer game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

What's with all this nice friendly chat???? Makes me sick

A win against Smurfit Irish, (and i presume a win vs the bot ) will guarantee me at least 3rd place! I just don't want to come up against mauling bear. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Beat the (surprisingly) first placed player this week. Many happy fans and I think I'm now certain of a playoff place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Oh... Why o why did I just presume the team I'm against today was a bot... He's gona make mince meat of my WNWIM lazy team... Div IV is starting to do my head in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Bonus point after 20 minutes, good day in the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Another win, if I win 2 out of my last 3 games,I'll top my division. Also maintained my 100% record of BPs! (lost 1 game but still got a losing BP) Be nice if I had the luxury of WNWIM in the final week before the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Exact same situation! Great minds eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

TheJims wrote: »
    Oh... Why o why did I just presume the team I'm against today was a bot... He's gona make mince meat of my WNWIM lazy team... Div IV is starting to do my head in...

I made that mistake once.... :p

Forgot to set my team, but still toadily stomped The Farm Boys. They should probably stop TNTing all their matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I made that mistake once.... :p
    only revan still managed a win with a TBP:p
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Forgot to set my team, but still toadily stomped The Farm Boys. They should probably stop TNTing all their matches.
    the Rahoon Wild historic society staged a reinactment of the last Stab County/Farm Boys game today, which went well aside from one part of it, and of course the intensity used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Crap. think ive made a massive error of judgement this afternoon and ruined the rest of the league for myself. lets see how it pans out.

Crap. think ive made a massive error of judgement this afternoon and ruined the rest of the league for myself. lets see how it pans out.

Ditto. Shocking tactical choices on my part and he is tnting me. Gettin thrashed by 6th place..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well lads I am winning again on WNWIM, only one injury so far, so not a perfect day unfortunately!:pac:

An intriguing couple of games between the bottom 4 teams in league. Not going to anyones script at the minute with unpredictable scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Decided to watch the last 5-10 minutes of my game and the team were doing well in a close game 20-21 down going into the last minute when we got turnover ball and a linebreak to boot. Cue TMO..................and No Try!.

So 30 seconds or so left and their scrum with me hoping for a miracle. They go for a drive off the scrum to eat up the dying seconds and low and behold the miracle comes, they give away a penalty on their own ball in the 22 and according to the 2D pitch nearer the posts than the sideline. Well the smiley with the post tells you what happens but my kicker bottles it and I go from actually ending up with a good chance of staying up to zero :mad::( (mathematically possible but too unlikely now).

Stupid cruel game! And I was just about the tell dreamer she'd miss it if she leaves. That should probably wait till I feel better about the game myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

fairly handy today, 92-0, think i'll just about manage 4th place, i have 2 handy games that should be 10 points while the guy ahead has to play the unbeaten 1st place team and then the second place team

Yep today was a complete c*ck up. Lost by 4 points. Mathematically league isnt finished but its not looking good either. Think thats my play off spot gone. A season full of regrets and dropped points. Never again.

Well, i have 3rd secured, i think i might just WNWIM my next game, and then WNWIM vs BOT. Have loads of energy for the playoffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

cruising through every game cant wait to promote and have some hard games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Think I'm in with a good shot of finishing 5th and surviving in div 2.III . Happy with that given that I'm the 7th best team on paper. A very forgiving fixture list - I could LTNT one week, and LTNT the next like clockwork.

A win this week and I am guaranteed 1st.

In other news, Argentina international manager viewed my non-superstar player stats. They must be desperate. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

What happens after the last league game in week 14? Semi's on Wednesday, final on sat or Sunday of week 15?? Then The French on Monday of week 16??? Is the lions thing happening ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

15 point lead at half time, against 3rd place team, not sure whether it'll be enough as I'm sure I'll suffer with my stamina in 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yay, bonus point win away from home :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

bonus pt win for me also to put me top of the league, a pt against JP next week and i think if maths correct my seeding guaranteed as #1 seed for the playoffs with HGA!:)

Will still lose to JP tho!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Finally managed a win against Couch Potatoes... albeit barely : 7-3.

And it took all my fecking efforts too!

Which now sees me secure in fourth place in the league with playoffs ahead. The only question now is will I get crushed by an at home Couch Potatoes or by an angry The Jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

This game really enjoys screwing with me.

After last weeks last kick of the game miss, I decided I was as good as relegated and went normal with a mix of first and 2nds, trying the good old put a forward at 9 and spam pick&go and drives to try stifle the game so I don't lose to badly. The tactics worked! Against a tnt and all!

Now I'm one point behind 6th and have a shot at moving out of the autorelegation spots. Next week will be interesting :pac:

Secured 1 st with a game to spare. Wnwim it is next week. Lol. Weird, I don't think I have a chance of winning the playoff though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Everything all set for today, need this win to have a chance at a play off.

Advertisement