Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

$h!+ Didn't pick my line up in time, didn't even manage to get my newly acquired fullback and props onto the bench -and today is a must win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

picked as close to a 2nd string side to save energy... reckon I'll be beaten well by JP, but should have 2nd secure... and if the other team stops 2nd place getting bonus pt should hold onto first due to pts diff.

I've +120 so baring a massacre on me by jp and KOTG going nuts on parrish that should see me home. KOTG v parrish very even in stats so should be close... i hope! :D

Edit: but if KOTG get bonus pt win and I lose all the above matters not, he'll have 60pts and I'll have 59. so I need a pt to secure 1st really now I look more at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dummy week for me. My fittest 15, Wnwim. Saving energy for playoffs. No injuries hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

:( Going to be relegated because secure 4th place team is throwing their game today, bit upsetting when they were happy to TNT be earlier in the season, still pleased with my 2 bonus point wins out of 2 for the runout of the season. Oh well, going to be a pretty boring season back in Div IV :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

crisco10 wrote: »
    Dummy week for me. My fittest 15, Wnwim. Saving energy for playoffs. No injuries hopefully.

Me too. Predictably lost but still managed to stay the right side of the promotion table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Secured 6th today, There's a chance I could play one of you guys in the qaulifier depending on playoff results.

BJD PAnthers are in the place at the moment which I don't really fancy, so hopefully someone cause upsets in the playoffs to move things a bit.

They haven't changed the way they decide who plays who in the promotion qaulifiers have they?

Well there we go, bent over and got pumped royally by JP, but hold onto 1st spot on pts diff, top 3 teams all on 59 pts!

so beat 4th & into final, to hopefully not get as pulverised again by JP!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ugh, up against Couch Potatoes. Do they give ribbons for 4th place? I need something to make my cabinet look less bare :o

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh, up against Couch Potatoes. Do they give ribbons for 4th place? I need something to make my cabinet look less bare :o

4th get nada, just some token money!

So your account and cabinet wont be getting much!:p

Zagato wrote: »
    :( Going to be relegated because secure 4th place team is throwing their game today, bit upsetting when they were happy to TNT be earlier in the season, still pleased with my 2 bonus point wins out of 2 for the runout of the season. Oh well, going to be a pretty boring season back in Div IV :rolleyes:

Saw that Zagato. Very unlucky. Espeically the draw against Ulster XV earlier in the year. Oh, and my blunder against the same team a few weeks later. :o:(

Hope to see you again in S13!

In other news, probably most the action packed 2 weeks of BR ever for me. Weds & Sat playoffs. Thursday this week is the Lions community challenge, Monday is IRE v France CC and then thursday week is Interpro CC.

Thats five games in two weeks, all with a a very tangible prize, and I could just as easily win 5 or lose 5!

• Advertisement

Saw that Zagato. Very unlucky. Espeically the draw against Ulster XV earlier in the year. Oh, and my blunder against the same team a few weeks later. :o:(

Hope to see you again in S13!

In other news, probably most the action packed 2 weeks of BR ever for me. Weds & Sat playoffs. Thursday this week is the Lions community challenge, Monday is IRE v France CC and then thursday week is Interpro CC.

Thats five games in two weeks, all with a a very tangible prize, and I could just as easily win 5 or lose 5!

if you lose Wed then no sat match so only lose 4! :p

eoferrall wrote: »

if you lose Wed then no sat match so only lose 4! :p

3rd / 4th playoff?

3rd / 4th playoff?

:o now I just look a fool!!:D forgot about that...carry on as you were, 5 games it is!:pac:

4th get nada, just some token money!

So your account and cabinet wont be getting much!:p

Ugh. Noightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

You could always take part in some of the community challenges/inter-pro stuff Fewcifur. It's pretty much the only reason my cabinet is not thread bare. Struggling in div. 2 for 4 seasons is not conducive to a trophy haul.

Looked at the promition table again and (assuming the rules on who plays who haven't changed and 6th in div.II.4 play 12th position in the promotion table) it looks like I have a decent chance at a boards derby for the qualifier. ELAT, Couch Potatoes and MWSAG are in spots 13-15 so depending on play-off results it could be easily any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

mar-z wrote: »
    You could always take part in some of the community challenges/inter-pro stuff Fewcifur. It's pretty much the only reason my cabinet is not thread bare. Struggling in div. 2 for 4 seasons is not conducive to a trophy haul.

Looked at the promition table again and (assuming the rules on who plays who haven't changed and 6th in div.II.4 play 12th position in the promotion table) it looks like I have a decent chance at a boards derby for the qualifier. ELAT, Couch Potatoes and MWSAG are in spots 13-15 so depending on play-off results it could be easily any of them.

I'm lurking under the radar for a qualifier too ;)

2 away games for me though, won't be easy.

Would be completely shocked if MWSAG make the qualifiers! Have breifne Blues in my league, he has merrily 1-clicked his way through the season at WNWIM. But if he wakes up and plays LTNT with his energy levels should I get to the final against him, MWSAG have no chance.

I'm playing JP in the final (should I make it) and so not guaranteed to be looking for promotion as he has an excellent team:(

Team set. I'm excited.

I love the juggling required on playoff week.

Team set. I'm excited.

I love the juggling required on playoff week.

Set mine yesterday, then changed it about 3/4 times! all the juggling of players energy, intensity form etc!:D i'm not going to touch it today tho.

Team set and ready to go... fingers crossed this time tomorrow in the final and planning my strategy for that, then monday the cup against france thursday NZ and potential playoff in the mix also, squad is giong to be wrecked! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Its this bit that makes the entire season worthwhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Looking forward to the next 2 games. No chance of being mauling bear in the final ( If i make it ), so will still be in III next season.

Chatting to JP on the BR offiste and realised I scouted and picked tactics for the wrong team!! :O haha! my bad, so redone scouting and tactics now... fingers crossed!

trying to decide between WNWIM or normal, WNWIM is risky if opponent LTNT's but need energy for JP normal I will win but be a bit tireder. hmmmmmm

Chatting to JP on the BR offiste and realised I scouted and picked tactics for the wrong team!! :O haha! my bad,

It will come in handy for the 3rd / 4th playoff game :cool:

So, first time in a playoff, what's the craic? Match Wed, match Sat... no energy reset inbetween?

I feckin' thought today was Tuesday, I nearly didn't set my team!

Have decided to go for a half n half mix as I expect to lose to Couch Potatoes, but don't want to give them a walkover, then I should have one or two decent players left for the 4th place playoff.

jprender wrote: »
    It will come in handy for the 3rd / 4th playoff game :cool:

Feck off ye prick!:p

Still can't decide, should be ok with WNWIM... but against an LTNT is 200k+ csr advantage enough...
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    So, first time in a playoff, what's the craic? Match Wed, match Sat... no energy reset inbetween?

I feckin' thought today was Tuesday, I nearly didn't set my team!

Have decided to go for a half n half mix as I expect to lose to Couch Potatoes, but don't want to give them a walkover, then I should have one or two decent players left for the 4th place playoff.

Yeah match tonight and sat, no energy reset. energy is reset for qualifiers though.

I presume you went WNWIM with your first XV eof ?

After watching Ireland U20's today, I decided not to risk a normal :rolleyes:

You should have a fair old energy advantage in the final should we both make it.

jprender wrote: »
    I presume you went WNWIM with your first XV eof ?

After watching Ireland U20's today, I decided not to risk a normal :rolleyes:

You should have a fair old energy advantage in the final should we both make it.

Yeah WNWIM with 1st XV. have advantage in all stars so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

you've LTNT'd? Well that will even it up a bit should we both make it to the final as you have a serious CSR adv over my team

Good Luck later JP! (though selfishly I kinda wished you normaled and then we're beaten as I know I'd beat KOTG if he LTNT's you!!)

Edit: Tho I am pretty sure Parrish has not LTNT'd, obviously going for third place! Glad I gambled and went WNWIM... this could come back to bite me... !!

Went LTNT, thank god I did. Only just have edge in stars. Although still potentially might have had enough at normal. But I would be having heart failure at the moment if I was sitting on normal!!

Checked the other semi, 1 of the guys has gone WNWIM. Cue well rested opponents for me in the final..:(

• Advertisement

I'm toast in the final if I get there eof.

Looking at earlier games from other countries, it looks like 3 levels of energy drop for playing LTNT in the playoffs.

You will have a huge advantage.

Advertisement