Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

crisco10 wrote: »
    Went LTNT, thank god I did. Only just have edge in stars. Although still potentially might have had enough at normal. But I would be having heart failure at the moment if I was sitting on normal!!

Checked the other semi, 1 of the guys has gone WNWIM. Cue well rested opponents for me in the final..:(

Looks like your going to walk this one, I'm sure you would have taken them on Normal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Zagato wrote: »
    Looks like your going to walk this one, I'm sure you would have taken them on Normal

I know....I chickened. My reasoning was that I will probably not beat Breifne anyway, so may as well make sure I make the final! big difference between 15% and 25% of prize money. I did rest a few players for Saturday but still. :mad:

Other semi looks even more one sided.

Oh theres a try for Destroyers...hopefully not the start of a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    I'm toast in the final if I get there eof.

Looking at earlier games from other countries, it looks like 3 levels of energy drop for playing LTNT in the playoffs.

You will have a huge advantage.

We're matching score for score both scored 24 now! :D

you still have a 300k+ CSR advantage if I remember right, so will be close game if the energy loss is as you say, but reckon you could still come out on top :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Currently leading Couch Potatoes 19-21. His big guns are terrifying, his ten just seems to get the ball and run from one end of the pitch to the other... so much blue writing and everytime my lads make miracle tackles I punch the air.

Very tense.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Currently leading Couch Potatoes 19-21. His big guns are terrifying, his ten just seems to get the ball and run from one end of the pitch to the other... so much blue writing and everytime my lads make miracle tackles I punch the air.

Very tense.

Been watching yours, you've scorednearly all chances you've had, and had a serious rub of the green! missed kicks, balls dropped over tryline (just there) if you win Congrats!! but I fear for you if the couch potatoes stop being so wastefull!! great match to watch tho (mines boringly easy:pac:).

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    Been watching yours, you've scorednearly all chances you've had, and had a serious rub of the green! missed kicks, balls dropped over tryline (just there) if you win Congrats!! but I fear for you if the couch potatoes stop being so wastefull!! great match to watch tho (mines boringly easy:pac:).

26 - 21 now to Tayto. Currently camped on their try line... better get something out of this!

26 - 21 now to Tayto. Currently camped on their try line... better get something out of this!

You're certainly hanging in there, good work! Pressure bar must be building here for some pts for you. been there a while, convenient injury for a break! ;)

edit: ouch, all that and they run up and score. :(

You're certainly hanging in there, good work! Pressure bar must be building here for some pts for you. been there a while, convenient injury for a break! ;)

edit: ouch, all that and they run up and score. :(

33 - 21 ... feeling it slip away! That's twice I've been doing well on their try-line only for a freak occurrence to steal my points!

33 - 21 ... feeling it slip away! That's twice I've been doing well on their try-line only for a freak occurrence to steal my points!

Try in a few mins and it'll be a good grandstand finish!

Semis over in my Division. Won mine 87-14, the other semi was 91-0. Two not very good games when all said and done!

• Advertisement

33-21 was how it ended in mine. Just didn't have the oompf to take Couch Potatoes in the end, but I certainly gave them a run for their money. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just joined today. When will my first game be?

Samich wrote: »

Arrange a friendly for monday for your first game or tmw, tho most of us here will have one for both days as community tournaments are on. this is the last week of the season, league ends on sat and then there is a idle week and new season starts again.

Post in the friendlies thread to see if anyone is free for tomorrow or monday would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

33-21 was how it ended in mine. Just didn't have the oompf to take Couch Potatoes in the end, but I certainly gave them a run for their money. :(

I lost a prop for the final, took a bad energy hit all over and forgot to set team and tactics. I wasn't watching it but looking through the commentary you could have ran away with it at one stage.

Scrummage wrote: »
    I lost a prop for the final, took a bad energy hit all over and forgot to set team and tactics. I wasn't watching it but looking through the commentary you could have ran away with it at one stage.

That damn Whitefoot is some star so he is. Commanding presence on the pitch, never gave me a moment's rest.

How much of and effect does energy have to people reckon? Like I have do choose between player a with form/energy/csr of 7/100/40k or player b with 9/75/49k. Who would you boardsies play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

How much of and effect does energy have to people reckon? Like I have do choose between player a with form/energy/csr of 7/100/40k or player b with 9/75/49k. Who would you boardsies play?

Thats really tough. You would need to take stats into account also. I personally would go with the on form player.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Thats really tough. You would need to take stats into account also. I personally would go with the on form player.

Well,

player A has stamina 8 and three key skills of 9/10/10

player B has stamina 11 and three key skills of 11/11/11

I'm leaning to player B myself despite the massive energy difference.

Well,

player A has stamina 8 and three key skills of 9/10/10

player B has stamina 11 and three key skills of 11/11/11

I'm leaning to player B myself despite the massive energy difference.

I'd go with Player B also from the info there, in better form and better CSR, so I believe the form/CSR benefits outweigh the energy hit. might be wrong tho!

on an unrelated note, provincial challenge tonight, mighty maks are going DOWN!! up Leinster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I would go player B. Better form, stats and the big enough difference in stamina should outweigh the energy difference (imo).

• Advertisement

Agreed, B it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

My opponent in the final has wnwim his semi against a bot and is lined up to ltnt for the final, i could LTNT my second string and more then likely win, but im not gona risk it, so half 1st XV and half 2nd XV.

Resting key players for the France game, i dont know why im bothering, as ill be destroyed. hoping he either doesnt accept his fixture or messes up n doesnt LTNT! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Samich wrote: »
    I'll give you a game on Monday if you fancy. What's your manager name in game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Made the final, but facing Forza Juve so will have second place this year and another year begins in Div III.

Good luck to all in the finals today (except JP, hope your team fails to arrive!!:pac:)

Made the final, but facing Forza Juve so will have second place this year and another year begins in Div III.

Sounds like you're staying! Hooray!

3.9 (I think that's my league, was about to write 3.4!) is super close.

17-18 in the final with The Jacks holding on to a one point lead over Couch.

Bronze final was a bit of an epic battle between the Death Squad and Stab County... less than a try in it, right up to the last five minutes. Final score is now 24-37. I finally have something in my cabinet, even if it was against an absentee manager.

Good luck to all in the finals today (except JP, hope your team fails to arrive!!:pac:)

Gutted, my team seemed to PnG for zero yardage despite other tactics (expansive/creative) combined having about 60%.

Not happy here that match wasn't closer

Congrats JP, hopefully I'll make it up to Div II next season (unless some ridiculous team drops down!:()

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

17-18 in the final with The Jacks holding on to a one point lead over Couch.

Knew there'd be nothing in that one.

Finished strong to beat Dreamers Munster Mark 2 but i was worried at half time having been second best up to that point.

Anyway 6 seasons of trying and finally now division 2. I can look forward to..... eh....... having it handed to me by better sides.:D

Congrats to all the league winners btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I ended up watching the couch/jacks game! epic game

• Advertisement

Heading up to Div II finally. Can't wait to get destroyed for a season, should be fun. And I'm not joking when I say that. Finishing top three for 7 seasons in a row can get a little repetitive.

Advertisement