Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Div II is right fun, nothing like that dirty feeling of sending out your B team to lose by 100 points away to some beast of a team. On the flip side that great feeling when yo sneak a win against one of the big boys;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Do we not get money for our two home games in the playoffs or is it just the league prize pool?

Edit: Soon to lose to Polk High, ho hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    Good luck to all in the finals today (except JP, hope your team fails to arrive!!:pac:)

Gutted, my team seemed to PnG for zero yardage despite other tactics (expansive/creative) combined having about 60%.

Not happy here that match wasn't closer

Congrats JP, hopefully I'll make it up to Div II next season (unless some ridiculous team drops down!:()

Unlucky eof !

I think I go up as the top qualifier, so I think that means you get the weakest of the relegated sides into your league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

As expected, lost. But a few regrets, thought I had no chance in the final so LTNT the semi. Only lost 21-7 with a shattered team. Could have had it with a healthier squad. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Won 18-15 after extra time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    Unlucky eof !

I think I go up as the top qualifier, so I think that means you get the weakest of the relegated sides into your league.

Small bit of consolation that I will hopefully make it up next season. my team really stagnated for couple of seasons in Div III. as AJ said above coming in 2nd/third 5 seasons in a row is repetitive and you get bored so team does not progress. Put effort in this season and have improved it and my training facilities.

Season 13, unlucky for some? ELAT is on the rise again!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

17-18 in the final with The Jacks holding on to a one point lead over Couch.

An epic game really went down to the wire but congrats to the Jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

I think I have a spending problem :-p

Constructing a new level 3 training facility. Completion: 6:13pm, 24 September 2011

Advertising for a new level 2 coach. Completion: 6:17pm, 10 September 2011

Advertising for a new level 3 attack trainer. Completion: 6:13pm, 24 September 2011

Advertising for a new level 3 defense trainer. Completion: 6:13pm, 24 September 2011

Advertising for a new level 2 fitness trainer. Completion: 1:51pm, 23 August 2011

Advertising for a new level 3 kicking trainer. Completion: 6:14pm, 24 September 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ormond lad wrote: »

Good luck in your play off against St Senans, despite not having a huge CSR, they took some serious scalps during the year in my league, and finished ahead of me despite me having about twice their total CSR :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Well, 6 seasons 6 trophies.. still chasing that elusive Gold though..

Finished 2nd again in Div III this year, haaaaaammered in the final. But sure, i didn't even bother LTNT it..

Here's to season 13!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Right, two questions. Anyone here played Half Acre Hornets before and have useful tips? And does anyone know how the qualifier fixtures are decided now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

mar-z wrote: »
    Right, two questions. Anyone here played Half Acre Hornets before and have useful tips? And does anyone know how the qualifier fixtures are decided now?

Sorry dont know anything bout the Hornets but promotion tables were re-arranged according to ranking which is why you got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »

I've played them way back when and even got a few wins against them, so they're not terrifying, or at least they weren't (At the time they were on a par with Ashmaster's Crew... who are now in Div I... scary.)
    So, I do hope you stay up in Div II sir, you have the beatings of them.
    Sorry dont know anything bout the Hornets but promotion tables were re-arranged according to ranking which is why you got them.

That's why I logged in... that's new right? Bit of a weird one, guess it'll mean the ratings actually do have a real impact. Now I can wave goodbye to The Jacks and await some beast of a Div II team. Dang.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I've played them way back when and even got a few wins against them, so they're not terrifying, or at least they weren't (At the time they were on a par with Ashmaster's Crew... who are now in Div I... scary.)
    So, I do hope you stay up in Div II sir, you have the beatings of them.

They have a stronger team then mine. But with home advantage I have a chance.

Also first call up to the U20 team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Went out for lunch yesterday with a few friends and fell in the door at 930 :D Need to have a nosey at the match now, but congrats Forza!

Staying for anotehr season, have decided to see off the troublemakers, so have just put five of them on the transfer list. Some of the better players too, so will have a bit of a challenge to bring players into their positions. Not sure this is the right thing to do with a massive hangover lol.

Zagato wrote: »
    Good luck in your play off against St Senans, despite not having a huge CSR, they took some serious scalps during the year in my league, and finished ahead of me despite me having about twice their total CSR :rolleyes:
    Thanks, any tips for beating them? Id love to win but i dont think i will as Ive had to rejig my backline as 2 of my best players are out injured

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Thanks, any tips for beating them? Id love to win but i dont think i will as Ive had to rejig my backline as 2 of my best players are out injured
    ah he just about beat zagato with a TNT vs a normal, and Zagato trashed him in the last round at equal intesity, dont go doing anything too extreme and i reckon you'll be fine, those big scalps he got dont mean much in a game at equal intensity and energy levels, maybe do your scouting and tactics while your sober and not hung over to be safe:D

Blast it anyway, the stars between myself and orizio are very close...too close. Think il have to get some popcorn and watch this one.

If i lose il probably have a fire sale so cheque books at the ready.

Tight game, im up 10-3 at half time but its the defences that are on top for both teams.

Tight game, im up 10-3 at half time but its the defences that are on top for both teams.

Ensure Orizio is in DIV III by the end of this!:D

• Advertisement

Mission accomplished ferrall. 18-3 in the end.

Relegated :(

Got my tactics all wrong for the weather by not actually setting them and having a default setup from the cc on Monday. Stormy weather + expansive + no kicking + opponent with high kicking and driving = miserable match for the men from Grubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Nasty... I forgot to set my tactics aswell but I came out on top 20-5 as he LTNT'd me against my WNWIM intensity...

Well the consolation is that from the match on Monday my default was set to ltnt so I might of had a chance. Alas, no.

On the plus side I might be able to win a game or two in div. III :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

A theme emerging here. GF forgot to set tactics, lost 49-5 but had some weird tactics and WNWIM as her default. If it had been LTNT against LTNT, may have been more of a game.

She is happy to camp in DIV IV for another year though, loser.

I also forgot to set my tactics and lost 17-3. another year in division 4 for me :(

Be interesting to see the leagues when they go up, a lot of us pushing at the top of div III to get to div II, the promotion table will be dominate by Boards.ie! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Be interesting to see the leagues when they go up, a lot of us pushing at the top of div III to get to div II, the promotion table will be dominate by Boards.ie! haha!

Not too long before we get our first Div 1 Boardie. At the moment we all seem to be top of III/ bottom of II. World Domination on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm headed back to the top of Div 3 too. A wicked result for madness - had all the posession and territory, was just too afraid of the weather to do anything with it.

Looks like irishwarriors is the only really active team in III.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I barely even post here any more, may I ask why the rare times I check the forum I seem to see you or that other chap (Fewcifur I think?) posting about me?

Please, its an internet game, move on from whatever past slight I caused you and stop obsessing over me.

Advertisement