Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

crisco10 wrote: »
    Ended up in III.4

Be good to me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Zagato wrote: »
    Be good to me;)

Who do ya manage? I'm Men Who Stare at Goats BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yeah, you have the decency to use the same username, I manage Fingal Physicians, so have just come up

Changed my username over there to Zagato to make it easier to work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

jprender wrote: »
    It looks like the tables were sorted according to squad strength, not ranking. Who knows ? This may be the way the Devs want it to happen.

That'd actually be a much better way of doing it. I think it's well recognised that ratings are all over the place.
    Scrummage wrote: »
    Ended in III.9

I feckin' noticed. Just discussing with Mar-z the other day how you've a complete beast of a team. Guess I'll nay dream for 1st.
    l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Div III.9 looks like 1 team i can beat the rest i will need to catch on the hop with LTNTand hopefully stay out of auto reg.

Um... we've a bot in our league, so I hope you stay up.
    ajeffares wrote: »
    Ah good aul III.4, many a season I spent in that league! Do boards proud :p The only team still there is blues. They are a great team but the manager wasn't very active last season.

I'll miss III.4 :( I was finally getting the hang of it :P
    Yeah, Blues have a great team as Ajeff says, but he's well worth busting out a sneaky LTNT on etc because he's a bit all over the place, I've got a few wins with a much weaker squad just by chancing my arm. Similarly he's absolutely destroyed me when he's put his mind to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I feckin' noticed. Just discussing with Mar-z the other day how you've a complete beast of a team. Guess I'll nay dream for 1st.

Scrummage is beatable... 3 out of 3... tho he let me win the playoffs, not sure about the league games but we were WNWIM in that also, but can't be sure he put out best team/tactics!

He's a sneaky one!:p

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus, just saw my salaries increased by 25k this year! that puts me 15k a week outta pocket compared to last year.

Interesting times indeed until I get contentment up

looking at finances and salaries went up 21k...minor sponsor is 20k...and then membership increase...making less of a loss this season so far than I was on zero game weeks! :cool:

lvl 5 could be set up to blow that out of the water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

well I'm about to get kicked out of the offsite for going for Georgian manager. Wouldn't mind except I was doing it for the experience. Ah well. I'm off to face the fireing squad :P

well I'm about to get kicked out of the offsite for going for Georgian manager. Wouldn't mind except I was doing it for the experience. Ah well. I'm off to face the fireing squad :P

Will they let you back in after the term?

I'm not even going to go for it anymore. TBH they aren't worried that I'm going to steal information its just a sort of punishment for going for it. To some this is more than just a game it seems :rolleyes: Thanks for the support anyway eoferrall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

TBH they aren't worried that I'm going to steal information its just a sort of punishment for going for it.

If that is what you think, maybe you should read the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

eoferrall wrote: »
    looking at finances and salaries went up 21k...minor sponsor is 20k...and then membership increase...making less of a loss this season so far than I was on zero game weeks! :cool:

lvl 5 could be set up to blow that out of the water!!

Aiee, salaries up 28.7k. Income up 30k (moved to div 2).

Still not sure about the financial benefits of moving up. To the lads who are/were in div2 - did gate receipts go up/down compared to div3? I'm wondering to what extent does the larger traveling support counteract the lower contentment associated with losing more matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Div III - 1 :eek:

Again, two teams way ahead of the rest of us, so another *yawn* season of a few easy wins and a few huge defeats, and compete for the bronze cup again :(

Replied on offsite

Div III - 1 :eek:

Again, two teams way ahead of the rest of us, so another *yawn* season of a few easy wins and a few huge defeats, and compete for the bronze cup again :(

do you want to WNWIM? myself (ELAT)and JP (Fookers)are going that route instead of bashing each other at LTNT so we can have a go with cups and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

My salaries didnt go up at all!!

Is it becoz i only joined half way thru the last season maybe?

All i know is i got my first minor sponsor and turned a profit without playing a match!

This excitement might be premature, as i have a level 2 training facility and level 2 attack coach in construction/advertised

Oh wow, does this mean the offsite is finally interesting again!? I haven't been there for at least a year! To the hilarity!
    TheJims wrote: »
    My salaries didnt go up at all!!

Is it becoz i only joined half way thru the last season maybe?

All i know is i got my first minor sponsor and turned a profit without playing a match!

This excitement might be premature, as i have a level 2 training facility and level 2 attack coach in construction/advertised

Someone may correct me here, but I think the salary increase is based on your CSR improvement. With only half a season and level 1 training facilities, I imagine there wasn't really a massive increase and therefore no major wage increase.

Zagato wrote: »
    Yeah, you have the decency to use the same username, I manage Fingal Physicians, so have just come up

Changed my username over there to Zagato to make it easier to work out!

Don't suppose you want to set up a WNWIM arrangement for our 2 league games?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh wow, does this mean the offsite is finally interesting again!? I haven't been there for at least a year! To the hilarity!

Oh the scandle :p

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Wages went up 45k this season, I'm going to be needing a long cup run, and some happy fans this season.

Just had a look at my league, Same again this season Voodoo?

I also think I have what it takes to get top four this season, another few timely LTNTs and it should be like last season...

Now to sort out my premium membership, I'm sorely missing my lineups list...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

do you want to WNWIM? myself (ELAT)and JP (Fookers)are going that route instead of bashing each other at LTNT so we can have a go with cups and what not.
    sure - makes sense

Oh the scandle :p

I'm afraid all I found was you bitching about the Kenyans and a big "will I won't I" about the Georgians. I was hoping for someone banning you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    Just had a look at my league, Same again this season Voodoo?

Most defiantly. I'll need all the energy i can get. I've stopped training Romagnolgi now too, switched my focus across to one of my young(er) guns ;)

I thought you'd be happy to hear i'm caging the beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Damn you all with your cosy agreements! II.3 is not so friendly. I think I'm #7 of 8 CSR-wise.

Might just be able to stay above auto-relegate though. My fixtures line up pretty well - I have "can't-win" matches pretty much every other week, so I should be able to take a good crack off of most of the "winnable" fixtures. Could have an impact on cup performance mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

II.4 is horrible this year. I miss what was II.3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Might just be able to stay above auto-relegate though. My fixtures line up pretty well - I have "can't-win" matches pretty much every other week, so I should be able to take a good crack off of most of the "winnable" fixtures. Could have an impact on cup performance mind.

That has been my approach to div II since I was promoted. Worked great in the first season when I was underestimated by a few teams, then people copped on and it got even trickier.

Hopefully you'll get the whole underestimation thing going for you this year as its a great help. I desperately need people to think Grubber are harmless this year to have a chance of staying up.

mar-z wrote: »
    I desperately need people to think Grubber are harmless this year to have a chance of staying up.

What do you mean "think" ? :p

*runs for cover*

*builds small shack for cover*

Satory,

A team just went bot in our league. As much as i hate playing bots, it'll be a welcome relief tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Satory,

A team just went bot in our league. As much as i hate playing bots, it'll be a welcome relief tbh..

Loughanure Bombers was a bot for a few days, I don't see another one...

• Advertisement

AH, i musta only noticed now. My bad. They were Ceemax or something before?

Advertisement