Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

meh through to round 2...against a bot so no surprise.

clampers sorry private - lose to a bot again!?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

no he didnt he won 76-7 same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

eoferrall wrote: »
    meh through to round 2...against a bot so no surprise.

clampers sorry private - lose to a bot again!?

What rounds will we start meeting other managers usually?

TheJims wrote: »
    What rounds will we start meeting other managers usually?

probably around round 3, if unlucky and draw div I team you could be out by round 4!:(

eoferrall wrote: »
    probably around round 3, if unlucky and draw div I team you could be out by round 4!:(

I'd love to take out a decent team before I get knocked out.... Or... Just win the whole thing !?! Thatd be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Bot match went well but the stats were scary. We made 700+ meters and they made 2. Just two and that was in the last 10 minutes when we were 90+ up and had sent the pack off for a lie down (all that running around just isn't natural for us forwards)

ya think, in the coming seasons they will add in a management aspect to live matches? tactic changes and substitions on the fly and what not? So if your winning comfortably, you can sub and rest certain players?

Or maybe the game might become more then just a browser game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

What i'd like to se is the ability to adjust concession / ticket prices at the start of the season. The better the team, the higher the contentment, the higher the price. - ala 'Goallineblitz'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

TheJims wrote: »
    ya think, in the coming seasons they will add in a management aspect to live matches? tactic changes and substitions on the fly and what not? So if your winning comfortably, you can sub and rest certain players?
    I doubt it tbh - giving an advantage to managers who 'attend' their games would be a turn-off for the more casual crowd. The most I would hope for is pre-selected "substitute player x after y minutes" kind of stuff.

I wouldn't expect to be able to change intensity/make substitutes based on the score, since that would make life too easy for stronger teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

A nice aspect would be the ability to pick at attitude for your coach/manager. So without actually having control you could select "cautious" or "motivational" or "tactician"... something like that. Might add another lil element to it all. Or could we wacko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Just tried to log in there and it has come up saying my account has been suspended. No idea why though...

EDIT:: Got it fixed now...

satory wrote: »
    Just tried to log in there and it has come up saying my account has been suspended. No idea why though...

EDIT:: Got it fixed now...

Any idea why?

OH MY GOD!

Boardsies of Div III.9 ... when I was giving out about a bot being in our league, why oh why didn't someone say "There's no bot! What are you talking about you idiot?!"

Just sent my seconds on WNWIM against an actual human in a league match. Lost. The fans will certainly be out for blood after this one.

I so stooooopid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Winning start to the season 24-18 with a try bp for me. :D:D

The rain almost did it for me, his massive pack (more than 90kgs heavier than mine) almost was the beating of me..nice though, played normal and got a bp win. Contentment is up to "Sceptical" now. dizzy heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Any idea why?

Turns out its something to do with paypal...

Started the season with a defeat... which was expected since I only played at WNWIM, I've got a bot(yes, it is an actual bot ¬_¬) up next week before playing auld Monkstown again, so the next few weeks will be easy on the energy levels...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Fewcifur wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!

Boardsies of Div III.9 ... when I was giving out about a bot being in our league, why oh why didn't someone say "There's no bot! What are you talking about you idiot?!"

Just sent my seconds on WNWIM against an actual human in a league match. Lost. The fans will certainly be out for blood after this one.

I so stooooopid!

You lost to Clampett:D:D Go to the offsiteto see his celebrating bot dance:D

Phonehead wrote: »
    You lost to Clampett:D:D Go to the offsiteto see his celebrating bot dance:D

can't believe his dastardly plan worked.:lol:

OH MY GOD!

I so stooooopid!

HAHA!:D

I really didn't think anyone would fall for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Unbelievable!!! Congrats to the Bot formerly known as Clampett

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

TBH Fewcifur I thought you were joking. Well played that bot!

• Advertisement

MarVeL wrote: »
    i wasnt sure you were joking or not but he told me not to say anything, everyone now knows hes not a bot now though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Managed to get a 10-32 BP win away from home against one of the better teams in the league, most of his players have twice the CSR of my guys so i'm pretty happy with that win :D

Got a BP win yesterday. Also received about 20 messages about one of my players who i had up ( and took off from ) the Transfer Market.

Unbelievable!!! Congrats to the Bot formerly known as Clampett
    MarVeL wrote: »
    seanand wrote: »
    i wasnt sure you were joking or not but he told me not to say anything, everyone now knows hes not a bot now though:D

But but but but... I went into his page, I was nearly 100% I saw him down as being private! So many things falling into place, like random comments about beating bots in the cup, I just assumed that Clampett lad had been beaten by a bot!

I'm just about prepared to fly to Mexico and avoid the angry fans!
    Gah, and I was finally building contentment back up! Gonna have to do something mad like beat Cream of the Crop in the cup to keep the feckers happy now. Gah!

But but but but... I went into his page, I was nearly 100% I saw him down as being private! So many things falling into place, like random comments about beating bots in the cup, I just assumed that Clampett lad had been beaten by a bot!

I'm just about prepared to fly to Mexico and avoid the angry fans!
    Gah, and I was finally building contentment back up! Gonna have to do something mad like beat Cream of the Crop in the cup to keep the feckers happy now. Gah!
    ya he got beat by a bot last year:p and his new name is private

seanand wrote: »
    ya he got beat by a bot last year:p and his new name is private

Well he's back to Clampett now. Though his stadium is still "Rahoon Wild Stadium". Cheeky mare. Well, solid win for him anyhows, though he failed to get a bonus point despite the LTNT, he may live to regret that one point, it's going to be a close league.

f8ck sake. Team I played normal intensity against yesterday have just gone BOT. thank god I just about got the BP win or I would be raging.

Still annoyed to have wasted some energy at a busy time of the season. Suppose flipside was the bump I got in contentment I wouldn't have gotten against the bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I'm just delighted that I might win a game during the season :rolleyes:

crisco10 wrote: »
    f8ck sake. Team I played normal intensity against yesterday have just gone BOT. thank god I just about got the BP win or I would be raging.

Still annoyed to have wasted some energy at a busy time of the season. Suppose flipside was the bump I got in contentment I wouldn't have gotten against the bot.

Wait a second... are you suuuuure they've gone bot? Kinda coincidental that Clampett returns the day your guy goes bot! Dun dun dunnnnnnnn! :eek:

• Advertisement

Wait a second... are you suuuuure they've gone bot? Kinda coincidental that Clampett returns the day your guy goes bot! Dun dun dunnnnnnnn! :eek:

well if on the team homepage you can click on the manager to see sign-ins etc then they are not bot!;)

ie is the manager name is blue not bot, black is bot!:D

Advertisement