Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah I have this weekend sorted already, only spotted it today that we meet on saturday and so I decided to LTNT tonights game, as I will be able to rest players before next weeks Cup fixture(If I get through naturally)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

satory wrote: »
    27-10 at Half time... Not too bad.

Ended up LTNT'ing you since I've got Voodoo in the league on saturday and thats WNWIM...

Also I seem to be losing 50,000 a week before any matches, so a cup run is a requirement.

I rested a few of my big guns. But went LTNT, unfortunately by the time I had done that it was 16.30 so had no chance to set the tactics!!! lol...

Oh well, lets hope i keep it respectable in the second half!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

won 113-0:D

got div IV team next, hasnt logged in in a few weeks!:D

even if he had - his best player has less CSR than my trainees! :p

Round 5 here I come:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

won 14-11 but cup run will end next week as im playing a top div2 team and unless he plays wnwim and i tnt it, i havent a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Must say I'm chuffed with my win tonight. I made up for my weeks and weeks of forgetting to set my team by studying each of his players in detail. When I picked the line-up for him, I then matched my players to his. He beat me in CSR across the board, about an average of 20k across the team. I decided to go normal... thankfully I was busy in work or I'd have hit LTNT.
    He LTNT'd.

The result...

71-0 to me! That's the score I normally get against a bot and yet I did it to a better team! Booya!

I was about to celebrate, but got a Div II team next week. I assume the competition thinks I'm a bot... if only, I could get Clampett back with a taste of his own medicine!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the good game crisco10, 27-17. I didnt score at all in the second half :(

Got a Div 4 team up next, who shouldn't provide too many worries looking at his squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

A decent team for me in the next round. Might even TNT while resting a few players, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

up against it in the next round of the cup against the ITG but il give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Satory, i've a big feeling you're gonna beat me today.. Few injuries mean major reshuffling, and lots of players playing out of position. :(

I'd say you'll have me by 12.

Think again... Gone with the auld second string team to give them their first run out of the season...

• Advertisement

Didn't expect that really.. I actually thought you'd target this game with the injuries etc, and try and out-tactic me! But good game as usual, you stopped me from getting that all important BP.

Im concentrating on the Cup at the moment... Once thats over I'll properly start planning what games I'll target to win then...

will not get through next round of cup, playing cork rebels top of div II.1. dont really mind as ive won my 3 league games so far and havent conceded a point in the 3 games either

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Next for me in the cup, I'm up against a guy who's been around for a few seasons but I'm quite confident of a win away from home

league wise, I don't wana be part of a promotion battle for at least another season or 2!

I feel like I've lost my youth or something... first time I've ever laid over and died in a cup match. Looked at his team, saw he had double my CSR in every position and instead of going nuts and kicking on the LTNT, I picked a pretty random team and sent them out to get slaughtered. Here's hoping for a decent league position at the end of it all :(

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I feel like I've lost my youth or something... first time I've ever laid over and died in a cup match. Looked at his team, saw he had double my CSR in every position and instead of going nuts and kicking on the LTNT, I picked a pretty random team and sent them out to get slaughtered. Here's hoping for a decent league position at the end of it all :(

Banned for having no balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

18 mins in and I'm 21-0 up, sorry now I went for normal instead of risking WNWIM :(

12-0 at half time! might get to next round !! hope we have the stamina to see out the game!

So won the match, got drawn against Tralee Titans, #10 in Ireland! How unfortunate!

Lost 121-0 at home to Cork Rebels, no surprise as they had much greater CSR and are 19th in ireland

well I was done there tonight mainly due to energy :( Picked my first team and went LTNT against a div 4 team that I really should should of bet, but my firsts were less energied then his team and I came out 24-19 down. Bollocks to that, I really needed my cup run to last for at least another week.

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    Banned for having no balls

Y'know, he beat me by about 30... part of me thinks my 1sts at LTNT could have taken him, so I regret it.

... but then I see my opposition on Saturday and they're knackered, so, I'm not too sad.

... but now I am sad cause I would have been drawn against a feckin' Div IV team! DAMNIT!

Time to get reckless again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Trying to take out one of the big boys today. So far so good, 24-10 up at half time. Need another try for bonus but he has better stamina so worried about the second half. Hopefully there'll be no comebacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

[URL="javascript:playerClick(3730646);"]Brace[/URL] with the restart from half way. The ball is in the hands of [URL="javascript:playerClick(3730646);"]Brace[/URL] for the restart, he holds the ball to his face to hide his mouth from any lip readers in the opposition ranks. The play has been communicated and he chips the ball short - Murray, am I missing something here? I really didn't see any scripted move in that play..... A lip reading rugby player.... I've heard it all now, next you will be telling me we don't exist and this is just a game being played by some higher intelligent beings!

Genius :D:D

Got the win today against a weaker team. All it will really do is boost my Points Margin.

Resisted pressing the LTNT button again and won a solid victory, though no bonus point. The team had me beat for CSR, so I'm happy. Beginning to trust in my lads a bit more, no need for LTNT as much. Moving into a zone of death next week with the three top teams in a row. Fudge.

Woohoo, my first time ever beating a season 1 team. Even got a BP win. 29-17. Glorious victory.

And now im in the top 25 in the country!!!! Unbelievable!! Better take a picture quick before the inevitable losing streak begins to bring me back down to earth.

just bid on a player for over 1m... guess I wont be upgrading to lvl5 anytime soon! my bad!:D

he's HUGE tho.. hopefully wont be outbid in a few mins...

eoferrall wrote: »
    just bid on a player for over 1m... guess I wont be upgrading to lvl5 anytime soon! my bad!:D

he's HUGE tho.. hopefully wont be outbid in a few mins...

I get the shakes in the clicking finger before i place a 50G bid :-P

feckin hell he must hav sum stats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Wow, 211 cm! That's going to be a huge(:p:rolleyes:) advantage when the changes to contesting lineouts gets rolled out properly and not just in friendlies.

Last week I embarked on a risky stadium expansion policy in the hope of increasing cash flow enough to afford running level 5 facilities. Although if it works out I might try find me my own monster instead!

Advertisement