Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

he'll get his first run out tonight as I aim to topple a Div I team... i have 10cm with him over what I expect his 2nd row pairing to be, they have about 10k csr advantage, but can that cover 10cm?!?!?!?:D

BOOMAGE!

I expanded a bit ago and it came on line on saturday so finances looking rosy for now. lvl 4 will do sure!

Decided to start spending since you earn no interest so might as well invest in team and facilities. the stadium is now barely under 10k so hopefully pull in a decent amount of cash each fortnight. though with it coming online just before the match I did not realise and took a serious contentment hit due to understaffing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

eoferrall wrote: »
    Decided to start spending since you earn no interest so might as well invest in team and facilities. the stadium is now barely under 10k so hopefully pull in a decent amount of cash each fortnight. though with it coming online just before the match I did not realise and took a serious contentment hit due to understaffing :(

I was filling my 9200 odd stadium at aboout 40 contentment so I'm attempting a 11500 stadium which I am nervous about as it might be too big and make me worse off than I was. That's the one good thing about being in div II for a few seasons, huge member growth! Hopefully it all works out and doesn't leave me in trouble :pac:

mar-z wrote: »
    I was filling my 9200 odd stadium at aboout 40 contentment so I'm attempting a 11500 stadium which I am nervous about as it might be too big and make me worse off than I was. That's the one good thing about being in div II for a few seasons, huge member growth! Hopefully it all works out and doesn't leave me in trouble :pac:

yeah I had 8500 and was filling it at around 50 contentment so hopefully this will pay off and increase my cash flow inwards :)

i remember a time I thought I'd never have a 10k stadium like the big teams did when started!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

what kinda member numbers do ya get joinin at this stage? i get between 6-11 each week with 90% contentship :p

iv a cup match against Tralee Titans tonight, would i take a big content hit if i WNWIM? i mean... theres ZERO chance of me winning, and i dont wana blast my teams energy away as iv league matches to be won!

In May I've had between 7-12 with contentment at low to mid 60's for the majority of it. This is why I still say it's worth struggling in div. II for a while, it has a nice large effect on member numbers.

With the new contentment rules intensity shouldn't matter (if you lose) afaik, just the quality of opposition (by rating points). If I have it right as there is more than a 10 point rating gap which means any drop in contentment will be minimal even if you're hammered.

• Advertisement

ugh deise is putting put his full team effectively:( coming up to twice the total CSR of mine :o

still give it a lash - have him in the 2nd row!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    ugh deise is putting put his full team effectively:( coming up to twice the total CSR of mine :o

still give it a lash - have him in the 2nd row!:D

You are in with a shout there eof, nothing much in it at all. (1.5 stars I think)

jprender wrote: »
    You are in with a shout there eof, nothing much in it at all. (1.5 stars I think)

Just looking at stars now myself - optimistic if I have my tactics and defense right. think he plays expansive so going with the rush defence (which is admirable)

the rest is a secret! ;)

wont know the result until I am back from tag... it'll be killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Am up against corny tonight... am hoping it's gonna be tight and that I stay in touch cos my stamina is slightly better. He's stronger everywhere else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Am up against corny tonight... am hoping it's gonna be tight and that I stay in touch cos my stamina is slightly better. He's stronger everywhere else though.

Nervous about this one Dreamer. Good start though.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

im a little disappointed, 21-0 up after 20 mins. feels like a wasted LTNT now even though the stars were pretty close.

corny wrote: »
    Nervous about this one Dreamer. Good start though.:)

Tis done and dusted, thought it would have been closer but got my tactics all wrong by the looks of it. Oh well at least I have the league... hang on you winning that too lol

up 14-7... COME on you TRYERS!!!:D

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=6646339

Div I team boom!

ugh ended 17-21 had a chance to win with a steal near their line, but ran into touch and they closed out the game. maybe next year.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Lost by a cricket score but knew it was going to happen had Jacks at the weekend and he beat me 84-3, tonight they only put up 64 points on me.
    Looks like I'm improving :D

Through to the next round.

Played LTNT against his Normal and absolutely destroyed him. I feel it was such a waste now, but when I saw he had fielded his first team, I thought I needed it :(

Choice to make now, league game or cup game ?

I can't win on Saturday and next Wednesday, so it's one or the other. The only thing that worries me is the contentment hit if I lose this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

I'm out, quite happy with how far I got, beaten by a season 1 team so no complaints, my contentment didn't drop a single point, even after WNWIM

TheJims wrote: »
    I'm out, quite happy with how far I got, beaten by a season 1 team so no complaints, my contentment didn't drop a single point, even after WNWIM

Intensity does not matter for contentment when you lose, only when you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Through and my next opposition are very beatable :) I'm really doing well with my cup draws so far

Up against Corny again today, having been beaten by him in Wednesday cup. Looking at the match-ups, it looks even tighter today. Here's hoping I get an even tighter result, need at least a BP loss.... any chance of sneaking a win???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Up against Corny again today, having been beaten by him in Wednesday cup. Looking at the match-ups, it looks even tighter today. Here's hoping I get an even tighter result, need at least a BP loss.... any chance of sneaking a win???

Have you changed your setup since Wednesday? Different venue? It'll be an interesting one for sure. I have The Jacks today. Apparently we played before and I won, but he has a damn solid team, all above mine in CSR, can't really see how it went down before. I need the win to keep in touch, he needs it to stay on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

looks like today is gonna be a missed opportunity. Resting the first team for cup match next week so put on the 2nds on WNWIM. Looking at the stars im only slightly behind i each. If i had even played normal with the 2nds this one would be in the bag.

Hopefully get at least losing bonus.

Well pulling the ltnt trigger proved to be a waste already. 12-0 down :(

Division 3 here I come!

Edit: I just realised I used a defense type that is not up to scratch which may explain part of this. The other part is they are a much better team.

Edit: time to stop watching 17-0, a bot-like score coming up........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I can see the same happening in my game. Went WNWIM against a much better team. Already several scores down, can see myself getting absolutely hockied.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »

Edit: time to stop watching 17-0, a bot-like score coming up........

That's the same score I'm beating the Jacks by. I may have wasted an LTNT. I hope it's because he went WNWIM, I couldn't have predicted that. It's tough with the new leagues, I'm seeing teams that ****e all over mine in terms of CSR, but I end up doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

First game - ADDICTIVE , losing 7-3 but are dominating game.5m line out with a min to go and no straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Not today i'm afraid.:D

Winning 28-3 but just looking at the half time stats defence is really winning it for me. No line breaks and only 31 metres conceded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

think i've wasted a ltnt on my match today 36-0 at half time, does'nt hurt tho since i've been whooped by the two big teams and have a -106 points difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

theboss80 wrote: »
    First game - ADDICTIVE , losing 7-3 but are dominating game.5m line out with a min to go and no straight.

AH ffs , winning 8-7 with 4 mins left and they score two trys and loose 21-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Have you changed your setup since Wednesday? Different venue? It'll be an interesting one for sure. I have The Jacks today. Apparently we played before and I won, but he has a damn solid team, all above mine in CSR, can't really see how it went down before. I need the win to keep in touch, he needs it to stay on top.

Good win for you today against the jacks a pity I let it slip against stab county. cup runs and promotion pushes dont go together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Won 20 - 7 today against Fingal Bears. They went WNWIM makes no difference to me it was my first league win of the season:D:D

Advertisement