Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Won 20 - 7 today against Fingal Bears. They went WNWIM makes no difference to me it was my first league win of the season:D:D

Whats WNWIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

In tactics you can set your teams intensity level, WNWIM is "with next week in mind",there's also normal, and "like there's no tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheJims wrote: »
    In tactics you can set your teams intensity level, WNWIM is "with next week in mind",there's also normal, and "like there's no tomorrow"

and the like theres no tomorrow setting is referred to as LTNT also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Have you changed your setup since Wednesday? Different venue? It'll be an interesting one for sure. I have The Jacks today. Apparently we played before and I won, but he has a damn solid team, all above mine in CSR, can't really see how it went down before. I need the win to keep in touch, he needs it to stay on top.
    corny wrote: »
    Not today i'm afraid.:D

Winning 28-3 but just looking at the half time stats defence is really winning it for me. No line breaks and only 31 metres conceded.

Obliterated! I made a few small changes to my tactics, seems like I was wayyyyyyyyy off the mark. Did you change much Corny? I know my stamina was worse today but I can't believe the few changes I made resulted in such a disimprovement!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Obliterated! I made a few small changes to my tactics, seems like I was wayyyyyyyyy off the mark. Did you change much Corny? I know my stamina was worse today but I can't believe the few changes I made resulted in such a disimprovement!

Yeah had a slightly stronger team out today. Also LTNT todays game as opposed to normal on Wednesday. Was always targeting today.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Scrummage wrote: »
    Good win for you today against the jacks a pity I let it slip against stab county. cup runs and promotion pushes dont go together!

Yeah, some surprise wins all round today. Looking at teams on players alone I would have said that every match was an upset. Happy to have had the measure of Jacks, means I'm not as far behind the pack as I thought after playing you on Thursday, though Stab County beating you when ye both used the same intensity, doesn't bode too well for me against them in two weeks time.
    l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Won 20 - 7 today against Fingal Bears. They went WNWIM makes no difference to me it was my first league win of the season:D:D

Saw that Lemons, twas a good win. Certainly shakes up the league, pretty much everyone can get into the playoffs as it stands... well, maybe not Farm Boys. I suspect Farm Boys might have been a case of buying high CSR elderly players without locking in tactics. Certainly he should be claiming wins, he's got a fair few big hitters if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

big hitters dont hit so hard when they've been on TNT twice a week:D
    he might be a lot more competitive now his cup run's over

cclampett wrote: »
    big hitters dont hit so hard when they've been on TNT twice a week:D
    he might be a lot more competitive now his cup run's over

Who ya on about? It could be any of today's losers really.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Having a good weekend so far...

Went LTNT against Deerpark Rfc, and it appears that he LTNT'd it aswell. I came out on top 34-25.

I am also offloading players from my 2nds this weekend, got rid of 2 last night for 188,000 combined and have 4 left to go this afternoon, which I'm hoping for a combined sale of 100,000 to 150,000, which will set me up for a few more weeks.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Who ya on about? It could be any of today's losers really.
    meant farm boys, you'd commented on his big hitters, they were mostly dead after it

• Advertisement

cclampett wrote: »
    meant farm boys, you'd commented on his big hitters, they were mostly dead after it

Ah ok, didn't see his squad before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Another wasted LTNT in cup tonight. up against it next week though with louisburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Another wasted LTNT in cup tonight. up against it next week though with louisburgh

me too wasted a tnt, up against deise rfc next week

Yep same here. I'll be blown away next week.

Scrummage wrote: »
    me too wasted a tnt, up against deise rfc next week

you'll have a chance, I lost 22-17 (ltnt v wnwim) but he might WNWIM you also and you could nip it!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Got the TNT just right yesterday :) Should have had my head handed to me but he had tnt'd last week and had a crunch match at the weekend so could only normal. Took out a div 1 28-25. Very lucky for me the way it worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Finally, after taking out two big guns, I've got a division 3 team in the next round.

Anyone ever hear of Geraldine RFC ? ;)

jprender wrote: »
    Finally, after taking out two big guns, I've got a division 3 team in the next round.

Yeah, I've beaten them a few times, doubt they'll be much trouble to ya bra! :D

how about making it interesting, loser gets exiled to Georgia:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

went normal intensity against a bot, winning 52-0 after half an hour... should really have went wnwim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yeah, it's pretty difficult to lose to a bot. You probably wouldn't have gotten much IGT from playing the bot anyway

LTNTing against 3rd place in my division and 17-14 up at half-time, but don't see it lasting

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Doing well today, 51-7, and playing at WNWIM

@VooDoo
    I hope you win today, since you've put more points on Stade than the rest of the league combined has so far...

Hopefully this doesnt cost you the chance of a win
    Second Half - 69:43
    Crockett's kick seems to be a great one but...would you look at that, it's hit the upright!

Could of brought the game to a tie with 10 mins left...

Thought i'd been ambushed. Was down by three with 6 minutes to go but scored two tries to secure the win and bonus point. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    Doing well today, 51-7, and playing at WNWIM

@VooDoo
    I hope you win today, since you've put more points on Stade than the rest of the league combined has so far...

Hopefully this doesnt cost you the chance of a win
    Second Half - 69:43
    Crockett's kick seems to be a great one but...would you look at that, it's hit the upright!

Could of brought the game to a tie with 10 mins left...

I wish i had of LTNT'd him now, could have maybe snuck a win... ah well.. i still got a BP.. It's all getting quite close in the middle of the table!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Awful awful team, send out your seconds wnwim :D

league or cup............cup or league.........which to go for? decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

league or cup............cup or league.........which to go for? decisions decisions

If it was me, cup without a doubt.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    If it was me, cup without a doubt.

even when cup is a long shot?

even when cup is a long shot?

yup, league is not even halfway through so plenty of time to recover a sacrificed match or two!

• Advertisement

Depends if it's going to be a meaningful change in your league position, difference between relegation or playoff.

It's getting near the thin edge of the wedge now, look around the remaining teams and figure out how many you can probably beat. There gets a point where you can't go any further unless you're of a certain level.

Advertisement