Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

thing is ive already sacrificed the last 2 league games and dropped a certain 10 points and not sure i can get surprise wins off the big guns in 2nd half of season as they'll be wise to me. 4th in league is achievable but if i dont win saturday then the gap will be too large and 5/6th will be most likely.

on the other hand ive never been this far in the cup and athough the team im playing are gonna be really hard to beat its not impossible. quite the conundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

thing is ive already sacrificed the last 2 league games and dropped a certain 10 points and not sure i can get surprise wins off the big guns in 2nd half of season as they'll be wise to me. 4th in league is achievable but if i dont win saturday then the gap will be too large and 5/6th will be most likely.

on the other hand ive never been this far in the cup and athough the team im playing are gonna be really hard to beat its not impossible. quite the conundrum.

whats worth more to you, a top four finish or the extra cup game

best possible results for me tonight. i threw out my 2nds on WNWIM, got hammered, but one of my main league rivals went LTNT giving us fairly equal energy. Playing him saturday and need to win, game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Probably a stupid question but why would you play your 2nd's in the cup at WNWIM, when presumably you'll be playing your 1st's against your league rival on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

If your playing your 2nds to throw a match and not because you think they can do the job then what point is there in wasting their energy? (or at least I assume that was Js's logic)

• Advertisement

ya i was throwing the match and like marz said why waste their energy. i also had to use 3 first team in the line up so was saving their energy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

oh, okay...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Right, finally able to focus on the league. From now on my aim is to get to div II and start playing with the big boys at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Pi$$ed as a fart and have set my team for tomorrow.... here's hoping lmao

i like the style dreamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hah! About to try and do the same!

gonna be close game today. looks like we both LTNT on similar energy. hardly anything in it with the stars. fingers crossed for a win, even a 1 point win!

Stars indicate todays game will be tight (I'm slightly ahead)

This is the one match of the season that I was confident I had a chance so I hope I don't blow it.

I stupidly decided to expand my stadium ehich is coming in for next week too so financially it's damn vital as well.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Hah! About to try and do the same!

Pffft, setting your team sober is for rookies and people who understand the game tactically.

I'm not sure there are that many in either category on boards :pac:

Unfortunately including myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Between us, I was hammered when I set the Ireland V England tactics;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

ajeffares wrote: »
    Right, finally able to focus on the league. From now on my aim is to get to div II and start playing with the big boys at last!

We will see about that in div III.9 were right there with ya sitting pretty on top!

its as close as i thought it would be 16-17 to him at HT

Mine isn't. 35-3 up at half time and bonus point secured :D

Hopefully this win will help keep finances in good shape (and I don't somehow collapse in the 2nd half making a mockery of my happiness ;))

Pity it wont help me stay up this year. I have Titans who won my league last year in 5th and bloody Openside in 6th. I've got the feeling Openside will continue playing wnwim though unless they drop into the bottom two.

The re-shuffle of leagues really screwed me over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

losing 7-3 at halftime to team in 2nd place. If i can sneak a win in this i go at least 8 points clear at top of the table:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Openside will start to take the league more seriously once I knock their ass outta the cup this Wednesday :cool:

Although, I was disappointed to see them play wnwim today. Hoping they pick up an injury or two ;)

• Advertisement

jprender wrote: »
    Openside will start to take the league more seriously once I knock their ass outta the cup this Wednesday :cool:

Although, I was disappointed to see them play wnwim today. Hoping they pick up an injury or two ;)

They've wnwim every league game so far. Thing is as soon as Openside start caring they will probably still have a good chance to get playoffs.

Please don't knock them out Jp, I've been hoping for a seaky win in a few weeks. Although they may well wnwim against me anyway, I'm honestly not sure if my ltnt would take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

ormond lad wrote: »
    losing 7-3 at halftime to team in 2nd place. If i can sneak a win in this i go at least 8 points clear at top of the table:D
    2 tries in last 5 minutes to take the lead. Hopefully can stay in front now

Currently 16-13 up against Stab County! If I win I'll be the first team in the league to beat them.

Although I don't know how well I'm doing, I passed out with the tactics screen open and I don't know if I pressed save or not!

Edit: Now 21-13 ! I think I might just have it, or at the very least a bonus loss point.

What a tense game that was. I was nearly right with my prediction, won by two points in the end 19-17 against the cork coyotes. only one score in second half between the 2 of us. Wont complain though, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Second week running securing the bonus point try with a couple of minutes to go.

23-16! Nice! Helps me stay in play-off contention and helps Scrummage take the top spot.

Edit: Nevermind, Scrummage got destroyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Lost 24 -22 to clampett today. I was 22 - 10 up with 20 minutes left and he score with more or less the last play. What really annoys me is that i spent most of the second half camped in his half. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I shipped 89 points to the Tryers today :(

I feel dirty.

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Lost 24 -22 to clampett today. I was 22 - 10 up with 20 minutes left and he score with more or less the last play. What really annoys me is that i spent most of the second half camped in his half. :mad:

Oh! Hah, I didn't realise, I was there in the lounge trying to comfort him and pick up his spirits, didn't realise he had the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

7-0 thus far.

Advertisement