Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 12!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Won today, Still in 4th. Have a few games coming up that i think i can win. Can prob only afford to loose 2 more this season, if i want to finish top three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Big away win today against Zurich, out of the auto-relegate for the first time this season.

Ah flip it, just looking at the fixtures and Tralee Titans are focusing on the cup by playing reserves at WNWIM. They are playing Zurich next so there is an easy home win for Zurich:(:( You do all the hard work and then something like that screws you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »
    I shipped 89 points to the Tryers today :(

I feel dirty.

I was in lectures when I saw your team selection ( wanted to change tactics and so on but them damn sliders do not work on the mobile. all I could change was defense type to work keep 2nd up!

I presume you are still in the cup? (I've been away and busy so BR has taken a back seat other than setting teams!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

won 20-14 against team thats in 2nd behind me. Im now 8 points clear of them and 16 points clear of 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Scrummage wrote: »
    We will see about that in div III.9 were right there with ya sitting pretty on top!

Oh lord, I hardly log in as stab county, I'm going to let them turn bot fairly soon as it doesn't look like the owner is coming back.

For everyone:

1. We are adding a small arrow icon beside a player's form to let you know the current direction in which form is moving or if it's stable.
    2. We are adding a rankings page to the U20 and Senior World Cups. This will give a full list of teams, ranked top to bottom. One list before the tournament starts, and one for after the tournament ends to show any changes in World Cup Rankings as well as placing emphasis on the actual results of the competition, rather than just teams which get trophies.
    3. Due to concerns raised by the Firesheep extension, you will be able to turn on secure browsing for Blackout Rugby. This will encrypt all communication between you and our site to ensure no-one else can hijack your account.
    4. We are adding a season long (16 weeks) premium subscription for $24.99 to the store.

Match Engine

1. We are removing the weight modifiers which were added at the start of season 12. (Heavy = slower, Lighter = faster, etc.) And will be adding these modifiers to training instead at the start of season 13.
    2. We will be trailing a small core change to make the Match Engine more realistic. This will mainly affect unrealistic score lines in lop-sided games.
    3. The current changes which were on trial for friendlies only, (with the exception of the weight modifiers as mentioned above) which were supposed to be released to competitive matches for season 12.5; will remain in the trial until season 13 when they will be released to competitive.

For premium members:

1. As a result of the recent poll about player jerseys, where 60% of premium voters wanted jerseys to become private, we will honor this request.
    2. We will add a line graph showing movement of form over time, when you click on a player's form. This will give more transparency into the level of form, showing a percentage, rather than just basic skill levels.

I like the form changes, means one less thing we need to track ourselves! ;)

on the weight & speed thing, is this that heavier players train in speed slower does anyone know?

eoferrall wrote: »

on the weight & speed thing, is this that heavier players train in speed slower does anyone know?

No, afaik its that a heavy player with 10 speed is slower than a light player with 10 speed. So although they had the same number, the lighter one was in fact faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

it was like that for monday friendlies, after rd 8 heavier players will train slightly slower for speed and agility, and lighter players slightly faster

Fewcifur - you had me worried there in the friendly, but all seems ot be righting itself!

on a more important note... start hassling thejims! I is waiting to see what teams we all came up with!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    Fewcifur - you had me worried there in the friendly, but all seems ot be righting itself!

on a more important note... start hassling thejims! I is waiting to see what teams we all came up with!!

OH YEAH! Sorry, I was off doing some work, forgot about theJims! Jiiiiiims! :D

Ah I wouldn't be too worried, my two props are under 15k or something, trying to beef them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

jaysus never felt so sought after.. my excuse for a team/tactics have been sent.. got distracted from typing it out by the Spagetti Bolognese n watching the Reds do a job on the Chiefs...

TheJims wrote: »
    jaysus never felt so sought after.. my excuse for a team/tactics have been sent.. got distracted from typing it out by the Spagetti Bolognese n watching the Reds do a job on the Chiefs...

Listen, your weird sex games should never get in the way of solid rugby action!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ah, it's time to focus on the league now after making my exit from the cup last night.

Still disappointed at the way my lads blew a 21 point half-time lead. We were cruisin' :rolleyes:

No more easy rides eof :p

jprender wrote: »
    Ah, it's time to focus on the league now after making my exit from the cup last night.

Still disappointed at the way my lads blew a 21 point half-time lead. We were cruisin' :rolleyes:

No more easy rides eof :p

Easy ride? you rolled over and showed your bottom to keep off the grass! you need to make up for that one!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Having a good win today, 32-8 up at the moment to the second place team in the league.. How beat me 66-0 in the first game of the season, so Im very happy about this result...

It also keeps the battle for 2nd open, eh Voodoo? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Was just about to congratulate you on that one! Yea, it really is a lot more open now. It's very much a tussle for 2nd place now ;)

Just claimed a big scalp and took down Cill Dara RFC, that should secure my position above the auto relegate now.

Clampett beat me again, the rascal! Looks like he's 100% not getting relegated now.

Wow!!! Just Wow

• Advertisement

you said you'd TNT, ah well, thats what ya get for lying to me,:p

cclampett wrote: »
    you said you'd TNT, ah well, thats what ya get for lying to me,:p

I threw out the 2nds again. Well, it started as the firsts, but then by the end of it I had all my 2nds out in weird positions. I was drunk, but that's no excuse for trying an experimental line-up, because now the two 1st team players on the pitch are more knackered than their mates.

Very well played to Clampett though, pretty sure my seconds are better (by the CSR) than his 1sts. Hell, my 2nds are nearly better than my 1sts. I don't think I really got the jist of having 2nds.

had to throw in a strange selection myself, MOTM scrummie never played at 9 before, regular kicker on the bench, 4 wingers started for me, bench prop, plus they all said afterwards that they'd rather take their chances in the first battle of the Somme than walk on the field for me again. i argued the odds were worse, i had only 2 killed in battle today.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Looking good for you to stay up I would say Clampett

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Got narrowly beat 92-0. Everything is going according to plan.

Got narrowly beat 92-0. Everything is going according to plan.

"I love it when a plan comes together" -John "Hannibal" Smith

I have a cunning plan* for Toronto rucks on monday

*baldrick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

cclampett wrote: »

I have a cunning plan* for Toronto rucks on monday

*baldrick

A plan so cunning that if it were a fox, it would be the professor of cunning, in the department of cunning in oxford university!*

*Blackadder

Knock him down a peg or two on monday clampers!

A plan so cunning that if it were a fox, it would be the professor of cunning, in the department of cunning in oxford university!*

*Blackadder

Knock him down a peg or two on monday clampers!

"Three out of every four quotes are not actually said by the person quoted"

Albert Einstein

ajeffares wrote: »
    "Three out of every four quotes are not actually said by the person quoted"

Albert Einstein

Quiet mister "I'm letting my second team go bot, but keep logging in anyway" ... I'm onto you... :cool:

• Advertisement

true, now that ive a chance of survival this season, i could really do with a bot, so make sure they go bot ...and dont get promoted!:p

Advertisement