Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention all 100mg UPC customers

• 01-05-2011 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Please post your speedtests and pingtests here. I want to gauge how reliable the 100meg actually is.

Or maybe I'm being annoying. So delete this tread if needs be.

But it might be nice for people to see how much of the 100meg they get and if it's worth the €80 / month

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have only seen people brag about it going full speed.
    Nobody's complained yet except for the OVH limit which has been loosened since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Im_EoinD wrote: »
    Please post your speedtests and pingtests here. I want to gauge how reliable the 100meg actually is.

Or maybe I'm being annoying. So delete this tread if needs be.

But it might be nice for people to see how much of the 100meg they get and if it's worth the €80 / month

Thanks !

Why not check the 34-page megathread on the 100mb service here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71908773

Plenty of speedtest results for you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Got 100Mb (upgrade from 30Mb) installed two weeks ago. Download is between 92Mb and 95Mb , but upload is always a max of 3.5Mb - should be 7Mb

UPC sent out another engineer yesterday and he said that's the best they can do in my area. I live in Ballintyre, Ballinteer, Dublin 16. It is a large development built 6 years ago with all new NTL kerb boxes and underground cables.... Disappointing. I guess any upload increase to 10Mb won't apply to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

1279939015.png

I've often got over 100Mb, around 105Mb, very happy with it so far. Really is an excellent product, it's just amazing to see stuff downloading at 14-15MB/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

roast wrote: »
    Why not check the 34-page megathread on the 100mb service here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71908773

Plenty of speedtest results for you. :)

Yes but it's awkward to find the speedtests at times and I thought it would be nice to see how consistent in general it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

1280187448.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I honestly don't think we need another UPC 100MB thread, plenty of speed tests in the other thread

There's also the speedtest and pingtest megathread which is loads of UPC users as well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055741004&page=17

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement