Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Irish flag - anyone know where?

Options
  • 01-05-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I need to buy some Irish flags, preferably 5ft by 8ft but I literally have NO IDEA where in Cork I can buy them. Does anyone know anywhere I can get them?
    Will be really grateful of anyone who can help me out, even if what you suggest is in Dublin or Limerick something, badly needed. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Sailing shops, Union Chandlery, CH Marine, Mattews etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Carrolls in Dublin would definitely have some. In Cork I'd try the Hallmark shop in Winthrop Street or somewhere like Mahers or Cummins Sports they should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 katiesueirl

Try sports shop such as Elverys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that new irish souvenier shop near M&S on Patrick st has loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

deRanged wrote: »
    that new irish souvenier shop near M&S on Patrick st has loads of them.

Yeah that's Carroll's, I think it's the first Cork store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

have only got tomorrow to get it, and everywhere I have rang today is closed because of bank holiday - bleh!
    Thanks for all the tips though, will be ringing them all first thing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

maglite wrote: »
    Sailing shops, Union Chandlery, CH Marine, Mattews etc

I think is my best chance but none answering today
    Try sports shop such as Elverys
    No sports shop I've rang does Irish Flag

razorblunt wrote: »
    Carrolls in Dublin would definitely have some. In Cork I'd try the Hallmark shop in Winthrop Street or somewhere like Mahers or Cummins Sports they should have them.
    They have 3ft by 5ft which is the best I have found, wouldn't have thought it to be so tough!
    hallmark not answering and cummins and mahers are no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Depending on how bad you need it, you could pop into singers corner and see if they will make you one. (might need material but should be availible in the place in the savoy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Camping stores often have these. I think I saw them in the camping shop on MacCurtain Street recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement