Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper Clanbrassil Street

Options
  • 01-05-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    Just wondering I found a nice apartment on Upper Clanbrassil Street-I'll be working on Harcourt Street so it's a very convenient walk but I'm just wondering is this a nice area to live as I'm not familiar with Dublin at all.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah its a decent area, you have a lot of amenities right on your doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's a grand spot, Leonards Corner basically has everything you really need, a Londis, butchers, chipper, two chinese takeaways, Halal Chicken take-away, Dry-cleaners/internet cafe, a bank, couple of pubs. Decent bus route, and within 10 mins of Harcourt St.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sulkin

Thanks a million,

Really appreciate it. Thought it'd be easy to find a 3bed (half decent and in a good location) but not so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I live around the corner from here, and it's a great spot, as said before it's good lots of convenience stores (and dvd rental shops, post office, cafes), the canal's just up the road from you, Patrick's Cathedral the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I live around the corner from here, and it's a great spot, as said before it's good lots of convenience stores (and dvd rental shops, post office, cafes), the canal's just up the road from you, Patrick's Cathedral the other end.

Hi Toby, if you're referring to the XtraVision at Leonard's Corner I do believe that branch is closing down. With the current problems at XtraVision you'd want to run quickly to the Rathmines branch, which is probably the closest, for a DVD.

• Advertisement

Hi Toby, if you're referring to the XtraVision at Leonard's Corner I do believe that branch is closing down. With the current problems at XtraVision you'd want to run quickly to the Rathmines branch, which is probably the closest, for a DVD.

Leonards Corner one closed down 8 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I was working down there for a good while. What I can absolutely recommend is Phelan's Pharmacy, you won't find a better service :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I live near by very nice area a really close to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Ah, weird, I was only around there recently. Things change so quickly in recession-era Dublin. The Laser on George's Street is still my local (after the one on Patrick's St/Dean St closed down).

Still, though, the shops around that little crossroads on Clanbrassil street are pretty deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Still, though, the shops around that little crossroads on Clanbrassil street are pretty deadly.

Not to mention Konkan too. Nom nom. Great little Indian restaurant/take-away :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I don't think Xtravision would be a deal breaker for moving into the area.

But yeah. My office is at the top of Harcourt Street. Good area. It's got everything. Not too far from Dunnes in Stephen's Green for THE BIG SHOP every week. There's probably some Tesco Express or something, or other shops as others have mentioned, closer.

JoePie wrote: »
    There's probably some Tesco Express or something, or other shops as others have mentioned, closer.

One on Camden St, which is two mins from Harcourt St. It's fairly crap mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

One on Camden St, which is two mins from Harcourt St. It's fairly crap mind you.

And usually packed. I've often gone in, seen the queue and decided not to bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Raindropper

Stephanies cafe for good hangover breakfast, pinheads pizza for dinners, post office on the corner, it can get very busy, nelly cafe for good food, leonards corner pharmacy for good community pharmacy, or burkes pharmacy in ranelagh for top line cosmetics, the national boxing stadiums only up the road too, great for fight night, and harolds cross dog racing is ten min walk up the road too.

Advertisement