Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PKU and HyperPHE

Options
  • 01-05-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi.

I was diagnosed with a mild form of PKU at birth. My parents took my bloods once a month and they were always fine. I haven't done this in about 10 years though...

At the time there was NO information available so I now believe the type I have must be the milder one as I have Never been on a diet or had any problems...

I want to start looking after it though as it is careless of me not to!!!

Where do I start and are there any clinics near Kerry does anyone know?

I would appreciate any info on websites, forums etc you would recommend also!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xmas09

hi Orlie,

you need to get in touch with the metabolic unit in temple street, they would have looked after you as a child so probably have you on the books since back then. (phone no. 01 8784317)

theres a few forums, most are uk or us, theres a good australian one PKUtree.com but if you google them you should get find them

good luck

Advertisement