Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Offline mode.

Options
  • 01-05-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get steam to start in offline mode. Steam can't connect because I'm using the college internet which blocks it. When I start up Steam it tries to update and when it cant it asks do I want to start in offline mode. But when I click on it it just displays a message saying 'Could not connect to Steam Network'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I think you're going to be stuck until you can get online with unrestricted internet access. Then let Steam download it's updates and set it to offline mode. Log off steam, disconnect from internet, and you should be able to log in to Steam again in offline mode.

I think you need to be online before you enable offline mode but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yup, it's a PITA alright.

Wait until you can access online with Steam; THEN select "Steam Offline mode".
    It'll ask you to restart Steam.
    Very annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

but once you have gone into offline mode properly one time, itll work from then on out.

it just is very irritating if you get stuck in an offline situation and you never thought to go into offline mode when the times were good

if you have a smart phone, you might be able to use it to go online with your computer just long enough to put steam into offline mode.. it takes 2 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid it'd be that. Actually I just might be able to use my phone, thanks.

EDIT:Managed to get online with my phone and got steam in offline mode.

Advertisement