Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV not autodetecting new Sky+ box

• 01-05-2011 3:17pm

I just got Sky+ installed. I have been using an old sky box with the free UK channels. The TV would automatically pick up the old box signal on power up and flip to that input, but this isn't happening with the new box. I need to physically select the input to watch TV.

It's a scart connection in both cases (CRT TV). Any ideas on why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

Make sure the scart control set to 'on' in the 'picture settings' menu.

The Skyman

Yup - it was turned off. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I have the same problem but with HDMI connection. No scart connection.

It would always work with my old Sky+ box by Scart but since I have connected my new Sky+HD to my TV by HDMI, the TV always defaults to the Analog TV signal. It's annoying.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

That's pretty common. My Panasonic starts up in tuner mode and will not automatically switch to HDMI. To get around this I have a SCART as well as an HDMI lead connected. For watching SD I use SCART (wife friendly also!) which comes on automatically once sat box is on. For HD I switch to HDMI lead and surround amp.

Advertisement