Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GMail Locked Up - Any recourse / Alternatives

• 01-05-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

A GMail account I've had for about 4 years has just been locked by Google alleging "suspicious activities" on the account. But I can of course resolve this by simply giving away private and personal information such as my mobile number so that they can text me a response.

As I am not comfortable with Google having this information does anyone know of any way to activate the account easily rather than jumping through the utterly useless automated faff that google has put in your way. Honestly who remembers the last 4 people they have emailed or 4 of their tags (Maybe if it was my primary email account I was using every day but not for one I log into once a month if at all).

Is there any way to contact Google and I mean speak to a real person regarding this or is it just not worth the hastle. Any feedback from personal experience would be appreciated.

As an aside, as this same ****e could happen with my primary GMail account does anyone recommend an alternative email service that has some kind of customer support that is not 99.9999999999999999% automated ****e.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

well if its used once a month, im assuming it has a special purpose. eg/ i have about 5 email addresses, 1 for personal, 1 for banking, 1 for online forms which i dont care about, so it can send their spam there etc.

anyway, if you know what you're usually using this account for, surely you can remember roughly the last 4 reciepients? its not that complicated.

are you using it for suspicious activity?
    for a free email service, gmail is hands down THE best you can get.

are you willing to pay for your email service? cause you cant expect 24/7 tech operators for something your not paying for.

Advertisement