Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis is Finally on google Earth

• 01-05-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I have not seen any other post for this but mods please feel free to move it or close if already in place

Last night about 2am while reading another post. i was brought onto google earth and when looking for an estate using street view in ennis i was shock to see that i could actually see the town clear. Thought i was dreaming or something but no it is there.

Yay im actually quite happy. took them long enough to upload few aerial photos.. been waiting for the day so long. sick of looking at blurry images.. Unfortunately the images date back to 2009 but were only uploaded recently.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It has been for months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

ahh not that long . cause i use google earth a lot and was delighted last year when street view cam in and now can see my house. tis epic stuff can finally do the work i wish to complete. all in all its on the map thats brilliant

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought that came in last year sometime.

Clareman wrote: »
    I thought that came in last year sometime.

That would have been Street View. which i must say is epic if only my computer would keep up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Quality still isn't that good though, like i can hardly make out my house in an estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

pity about the quality, have taken better photos than these myself on approach to shannon.

Yes i will admit the quality is quiet bad. but like is it not better than nothing at all. pity the pics were taken in 2009 and its 2yrs later they get put up. wonder when the next set of photos will be updated. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Quality isn't the best but I'm just happy we are getting there, give it another year or two and Google will have it down to a tee. It seems to be one of their aims to get the whole world mapped... among other things, but still! It's progress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's some other irish site (ordinance survey?) i looked at a few years ago that has high quality pics. They have ones from 1997 as well was interesting to be reminded what it looked like pre building boom.

There's some other irish site (ordinance survey?) i looked at a few years ago that has high quality pics. They have ones from 1997 as well was interesting to be reminded what it looked like pre building boom.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,691976,706827,0,3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ah, read Maps for Earth in the title.

Advertisement