Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overdue Issue

• 01-05-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have been out of the country for many months , and I am currently in the process of moving back , but I had a message on phone from ESB networks stating I had an unpaid bill of some 600 euro , I am not disputing the charges in any way , The message was from at least a month ago , I will be in a position to pay the full amount over , a four to five week period at most , my question is , can I incurr a lot of extra charges as a result of it being overdue , as I would like to settle my existing bill and reconnect to the network over the course of the next 4 to 5 weeks , If a third party collection agncy has become involved can I still deal directly with the esb to settle this and will this add to my bill , if so what would I be looking at .
    Best Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The biggest risk it that you would be cut off and incur charges for that.

Best thing to do now would be to at least pay something as goodwill, maybe €100+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Housemusic

Thats exactly what I had planned this week , to pay 100 then 200 the following then the rest over the following weeks , I was just scared stiff they bill would be jacked up due to some kind of debt charges or collection company fees , thank you for your response .

edit : I no longer live at the adress concerned so Am not currently in receipt of a supply , hence my reasons for wanting to clear this to allow for reconnection , This has been goingon a while.
    I've been foolish to ignore it , but hopefully starting to pay will help to solve .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

1. ESB Networks don't follow up on Electricity accounts.

2. Why did you not pay before now? Months old and you couldn't pay on-line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Housemusic wrote:
    my question is , can I incurr a lot of extra charges as a result of it being overdue

Nope, but as far as I know if the debt has been outsourced to a third party debt collection agency then you would have to deal with them rather than ESB. ESB won't expect you to pay anything over and above what is (and was) outstanding. They're decent enough that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Housemusic,

If you like, I could look into this for you further - if you could just send me your details by private message.

Regards :)
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement