Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow speed broadband

• 01-05-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

i recently switched from smart to upc. i think it is slower. others dont seem to have this problem. would the fact that the cable in the house is the old cable from when i was an ntl subscriber. when upc did the upgrsde outside my house the internal wiring was not changed. i got the 20 mb package

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What speed are you getting? UPC won't change the internal wiring as there shouldn't be a need to. Cable issues can't really be diagnosed by the end user, so if there is a problem then you need to contact UPC and get them to send someone out.

When you speed test, use the wired connection to the router, and not wireless.

Advertisement