Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got caught :)

• 01-05-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I was looking at pictures of funny Cats on Google images:rolleyes: and opened one by accident that had a red rating (bad) with WOT, now I have it set up to block red ratings sites from opening at all (it stopped the site from opening) but bitcomet Antivirus installed itself and did it's thing anyway:confused:, found loads of infections..yadda yadda.

Have Microsoft security essientials installed aswell. I had Noscript turned off...whoops...don't know if it would have stopped it though to be honest.

It got in through a browser exploit and low and behold Firefox 3.6.17 is released the next day.

I see Firefox 4 is not in beta anymore now either.

Anyway, I did a system restore first and got lucky, ran all the scanners in safe mode with system restore turned off and they found nothing so it worked.

pfft.

Advertisement