Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do sky provide hdmi cable when installing

• 01-05-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Getting sky in next week

Do they give you hdmi cable with the sky hd boxes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

That's great... Sky was installed yesterday for me and they didn't give me any HDMI cables for either box. I know they're cheap nowadays but it's the principle.

We've a HTPC on either TV that Sky was installed on and the Sky installer just unplugged the HDMI cables out of the PC's and plugged them into the Sky boxes... really, really lazy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

My Sky HD box came with an HDMI cable and a year later when I asked them to swap the box for a refurbed one with component out, the replacement box also came with an HDMI cable and a set of decent quality component leads.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I also got one with an upgrade to HD. (It was a good while ago though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Vertakill wrote: »
    That's great... Sky was installed yesterday for me and they didn't give me any HDMI cables for either box. I know they're cheap nowadays but it's the principle.

We've a HTPC on either TV that Sky was installed on and the Sky installer just unplugged the HDMI cables out of the PC's and plugged them into the Sky boxes... really, really lazy I think.

The cheeky SOB!!:eek:

I would get on to them ASAP. There should be an HDMI cable in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Something similar happened to me....

Recently I got a 1TB HD box installed and the guy from Finlay moved the old HD box upstairs to my multiroom.

He used the new HDMI cable provided in the multiroom setup - fine - but just re-used the existing power cables in each of the rooms.

So that meant there was a spare power cable that came with the 1TB box. He toke it with with him! It wasn't till later that I realised what had happened.

That power cable would have been useful as a spare or if I was selling a HD box in the future. Why did it take it? What use would it have been to him? Surely they would get easy access to various parts?

(I wondered why he was so keen to take the 'empty' box! Anytime before I had a Sky engineer install a Sky box they normally left the empty box behind for me to recycle.)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 wicklowgaz

Yes they do Sir. Just had it installed yesterday. Not a fancy gold coloured one though!!

Advertisement