Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lennox chipper , disappointment

Options
  • 01-05-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

So all my life i have heard how lovely the food taste in lennox chipper , barrack st .Drove all the way there and we are talking thirty miles ,what a dissappointment the burgers were not nice and the chips average How could this average chipper have such a good reputation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No clue, fish there is supposed to be great, but I hate fish. I love KC's, the Creole, Meat Patties and Bombays are fantastic there, but their chips have gone downhill recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I dont think there's such a thing as a good burger from a chipper. They taste the same everywhere. Terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

I was never mad about the place meself like. Dunno why the place is so overrated tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The food out in lennox's in ballincollig is awful too,never been to the barrack street one so can't comment.

AFAIK, the only genuine Lennox is the one near Barracks Street. The other's are 'CF Lennox' - using the name, but not the same company/franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

AFAIK, the only genuine Lennox is the one near Barracks Street. The other's are 'CF Lennox' - using the name, but not the same company/franchise.

Yes Paint Doc, I think there might even have been a trip to the courts a few years ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I think lennoxs reputation has overtaken the food. Its not bad but I've had nicer in cork.
    I love kc's as well, fat jacks in blarney is very under-rated too. Lovely chips and chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly, Lennox's went down hill years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

your first mistake was getting a burger. they were most famous for the chips and southern fry chicken.

but yes as others have said the food isnt what it used ot be.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I dont think there's such a thing as a good burger from a chipper. They taste the same everywhere. Terrible

Tasty Snacks in Churchfield do burgers that dont taste like the average wholesale burgers that 95% of chippers serve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

has the quality gone down or have those who used to sing its praises just graduated from college and sobered up?:D

KCs for me or even Dinos in Douglas, two very decent chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Structurally Sound Mentally Unstable

Murphy's chipper is the nicest in Cork. Fact.:D

I think K.Cs is more of a 'Chip Shop'.:cool: As in a gourmet kinda thing.

Now Murphys is a good, honest, old fashioned chipper. Delicious.

Btw Murphys is on Gerald Griffon Street, near the North Cathederal.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Chippers in England are miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

johnnyjb wrote: »
    Tasty Snacks in Churchfield do burgers that dont taste like the average wholesale burgers that 95% of chippers serve.
    yes i had burgers there years ago and they were delicious , must go there again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Kold wrote: »
    Chippers in England are miles better.
    It's always cold though by the time it's delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For a good nearby alternative, try Barties up in Ballyphehane. I think there's also a Barties up at the top of Ballyhooley Road also.

The one thing I miss since I moved to Dublin are good Cork chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Recommend Looney's in Mayfield. My husband says it's a savage chipper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I miss matts =(

My Dad was the last person to get chips in there.
    My grandad took him there when he was young and my dad then took it.

It was georgous.

Lennoxes is bleh.

Is KC's really as cracked up as its meant to be?

I miss Mattie too. I reckon if you could, the best combination on the planet would be a Creole from KC's, and Mattie's chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I was never really too fond of Lennoxs. Haven't been there since I left college and I won't be going anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

if we are speaking just of chips the best I've ever had were in The Fish Wife on maccurtain street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I think most chippers are horrible and serve the same crap but there is a new one in Kanturk thats gorgeous. A fella from the city owns it. The food is even wrapped up very well so when I get back to the top of the mountain its still hot!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I think most chippers are horrible and serve the same crap but there is a new one in Kanturk thats gorgeous. A fella from the city owns it. The food is even wrapped up very well so when I get back to the top of the mountain its still hot!!:D
    Kanturk is a real place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Kold wrote: »
    Kanturk is a real place?

Yep just like Trolls are real.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Chish n Fips, Crosshaven. Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Roma Grill, Youghal.

*ignores Cork City part*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hillbillies is probably the nicest in the city. Poor chips but anything involving chicken is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I haven't eaten a burger form a chipper in years because they're all disgusting. The best burger is a homemade one from minced steak.

Lennoxs:

Chips with curry (cheese, garlic mayo etc). Excellent
    Fish - Excellent
    Chicken Nuggets - Excellent
    Sausage - Excellent
    Pies and other sundrys - very good
    Southern fried chicken - Average

KC's

Chicken Creole and assorted pittas. Excellent
    Chips? meh
    Everything else? Meh.

Hillbillies

Breast in a Bun, Bacon Delux, Sweet chilli delux: Exemplary
    Chicken: Excellent
    Chips: Poor
    Dips: Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i thought one thread was enough on this already we have some serious fast food junkies in cork :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Are there no Italian chippers in Cork?

Advertisement