Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lennox chipper , disappointment

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

kingtut wrote: »
    oops yes the places people say are good are usually the ones to avoid....maybe the reason being that most people only have them late at night when they need a bit of 'soakage' and their taste buds are already destroyed ?

Yes, that makes loads of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes, that makes loads of sense.

It does if you take my example of Lennoxs into account! It has a great reputation yet so many people including me have found that it doesn't live up to it's reputation. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To be fair to Lennoxs is was the best for a long long time. It has gotten sloppy in recent years. It earned a great reputation rightly. It is still resting on those laurels though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

Murphy's chipper is the nicest in Cork. Fact.:D

I think K.Cs is more of a 'Chip Shop'.:cool: As in a gourmet kinda thing.

Now Murphys is a good, honest, old fashioned chipper. Delicious.

Btw Murphys is on Gerald Griffon Street, near the North Cathederal.:)

murphys is best around, fish n chips are savage
    kc's is second

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I lived next door to Dinos in Btown for years and ate there regularly, Its gone to hell altogether now but before the pizzas were great, really different to dominoes and 4 star. They always undercooked the chips though practically raw, potatoe pies ftw. Also since they revamped the place the days of getting a free bottle of coke by asking for it when you ordered it and again when you were served are gone. Once went over for me and all the lads and got 4 free bottles.

• Advertisement

So all my life i have heard how lovely the food taste in lennox chipper , barrack st .Drove all the way there and we are talking thirty miles ,what a dissappointment the burgers were not nice and the chips average How could this average chipper have such a good reputation

In all fairness after driving for 30 miles it would want to be absolutely amazing food to justify your expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

I've worked in lennoxs, and it all depends on who is doing the particular job on the day, chips will generally be ok to good, battered stuff is about 50-50, when its good its excellent but when its bad its quite bad. Burgers are always ****e, there are like two guys who make nice burgers but they are rarely cooking them. The Lennoxs who are in charge at the moment took over about ten years ago and its been going downhill since as they focus more on speed than quality.

Luckily I know whos good at what so I can usually judge my order by who is working and end up with a nice munch every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

mini5476 wrote: »
    I've worked in lennoxs, and it all depends on who is doing the particular job on the day, chips will generally be ok to good, battered stuff is about 50-50, when its good its excellent but when its bad its quite bad. Burgers are always ****e, there are like two guys who make nice burgers but they are rarely cooking them. The Lennoxs who are in charge at the moment took over about ten years ago and its been going downhill since as they focus more on speed than quality.

Luckily I know whos good at what so I can usually judge my order by who is working and end up with a nice munch every time.

Fancy spreading the knowledge? I know the older woman usually throws out awful tack despite being really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭maryishairy

I was a regular visitor to Lennox's during my UCC days....over 10 years ago. I simply loved the place.
    I took a sentimental trip back there a couple of months ago while I was back in Cork. I was really disappointed by it. The fish was awful....like eating a bag of grease and the chips were only average.:(

Apparently KC's in Douglas has taken over as Cork's premier fast food experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Lennoxes is nice, but noway is it worth driving 30 miles.

In fairness, I can't think of any food establishment anywhere that would, alone, justify a 30 mile drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

babo9 wrote: »
    Lennoxes is nice, but noway is it worth driving 30 miles.

In fairness, I can't think of any food establishment anywhere that would, alone, justify a 30 mile drive!

I'll see your 30 miles, and raise you someone who drove from Galway to Athlone just to go to
    KFC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

I'm thinking of going to Youghal from Cork to an Italian with great reviews so I can see where the O.P. is coming from.Capri Bay any local knowledge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nobody should ever do that.

Go to Youghal I mean....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Nobody should ever do that.

Go to Youghal I mean....

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Went to KC's 2 weeks ago for the first time. Got a pita thing with marinated chicken and pineapple in it.... It was yummy. Chips were poor. Went back last week so I could sample a cheeseburger because while I was in there the week before, every order included a cheeseburger!! I wasn't that impressed anyway and chips were poor again. Also, to all those queueing in the rain.... are you mad:eek:.

Lennoxs is good, even on the bad days. Chips are consistant at least. Definately a bit of plainness about the burgers, but it's as good as you get in most chippers at least.

Tasty Snacks is the most under-rated chipper in Cork IMO. Not saying its better than the others, but it really is every bit as good, and doesn't have the rep??... my kinda place.

mmmm I'm hungry now...:pac:

Advertisement